SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
    One of the SYD flights should be downgauged to the 777-300ER next week, about the time SQ will take delivery of 9V-SKI.
    With SQ231/232 downgaguged this month, 2 more Jumbos will probably be withdrawn from the fleet within the next month.

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
      With SQ231/232 downgauged this month, 2 more Jumbos will probably be withdrawn from the fleet within the next month.
      One would expect one JumboJet to be retired as a consequence of downgauging SQ231/232 plus another one or two depending on the next route to be upgauged to WhaleJet service, presumably about the time 9V-SKI will be delivered (hopefully this month).

Comment

• Thanks for the updates, I have updated the list of retired SQ 744s on page 1. Any word on which airlines will be buying the recently retired SQ 744s?

Comment

• Originally posted by RJA View Post
          I figured it was about time for a SQ 744/Megatop retirement thread. Following on from the queries on this thread: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1286

9V-SMA: PH-MPP with Martinair Cargo
          9V-SMB: DQ-FJL with Air Pacific Fiji (also ex VH-ANA with Ansett Australia)
          9V-SMC: B-LFA with Oasis HK Airlines (also ex TF-AMA with Iberia and also ex. 3B-SMC with China Airlines)
          9V-SMD: DQ-FJK with Air Pacific Fiji (also ex VH-ANB with Ansett Australia)
          9V-SME: B-LFB with Oasis HK Airlines (also ex TF-AMB with Iberia)
          9V-SMF: PH-MPS with Martinair Cargo (also ex VT-AIF with Air India)
          9V-SMG: PH-MPR with Martinair Cargo (also ex VT-AIE with Air India)
          9V-SMH: B-HKH with Cathay Pacific Cargo
          9V-SMI: PH-MPQ with Martinair Cargo (also ex VT-AIQ with Air India)
          9V-SMJ: B-KAE with Dragonair Cargo
          9V-SMK: B-HKE with Cathay Pacific
          9V-SML: B-HKF with Cathay Pacific
          9V-SMM: B-KAF with Dragonair Cargo
          9V-SMN: B-HKD with Cathay Pacific
          9V-SMO: TF-AMI with Air Atlanta Icelandic Cargo*, wet-leased to Saudi Arabian Cargo?
          9V-SMP: B-KAG with Dragonair Cargo
          9V-SMQ: B-HKT with Cathay Pacific (also ex 4X-ELS with El Al Israel Airlines)
          9V-SMR: B-HKJ with Cathay Pacific Cargo
          9V-SMS: B-KAH with Cathay Pacific Cargo
          9V-SMT: B-2430 with Great Wall Airlines
          9V-SMV: B-HKU with Cathay Pacific
          9V-SMW: EC-KSM with Pullmantur Air
          9V-SMY: B-KAI with Cathay Pacific Cargo (previously in the Dragonair Cargo livery)
          9V-SMZ: EC-KQC with Pullmantur Air
          9V-SPB: 4X-ELE with El Al Israel Airlines.
          9V-SPC: B-HKS with Cathay Pacific Cargo
          9V-SPD: B-HKV with Cathay Pacific
          9V-SPE: Which airline will be the next operator?
          9V-SPF: Which airline will be the next operator?
          9V-SPL: To Cathay Pacific Cargo as a freighter? To be registered as B-HKW?
          9V-SPM: Which airline will be the next operator?

*Converted to -412BDSF by IAI. All other freighter conversions to date have been -412BCF.

Which airline will be the next operator of B-LFA and LFB?

9V-SPR (ex 9M-MPE) has been returned following the end of the lease, now N741WA with World Airways Cargo.

If any of the information above is incorrect please don’t hesitate to correct me.
          SPE will be back in service soon

Comment

• Originally posted by peterblack View Post
            SPE will be back in service soon
            Is there a temporary equipment change for any of the SQ routes to 744 or is SPE coming back as a spare in case of other 744 malfunctions for existing routes?

Comment

• Originally posted by RJA View Post
              Thanks for the updates, I have updated the list of retired SQ 744s on page 1. Any word on which airlines will be buying the recently retired SQ 744s?
              Three further notes, for what they're worth:

9V-SPF: to Eagle Aviation; re-registered F-GTIR; to enter service in July, although I've heard doubts expressed......

9V-SPL: to CX; re-registered B-HKX.

9V-SPM: at VCV, stored.

I understood 9V-SPE to be at VCV as well, but that's not verified................if it's there, it's not likely to be back any time soon, at least not as an SQ aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                Three further notes, for what they're worth:

9V-SPF: to Eagle Aviation; re-registered F-GTIR; to enter service in July, although I've heard doubts expressed......

9V-SPL: to CX; re-registered B-HKX.

9V-SPM: at VCV, stored.

I understood 9V-SPE to be at VCV as well, but that's not verified................if it's there, it's not likely to be back any time soon, at least not as an SQ aircraft.
                spe already in sq livery...lets wait for it...n restored to original config

Comment

• The latest ACARS data I can find for 9V-SPE shows her operating as SQ11 on 5 April 2009. I cannot think of any reason why SQ would take her out of service for more than two months (such as a D check) and then put her back into service for less than a year at a time that they have a surplus of JumboJets.

A D check requires stripping everything out of the cabin, down to bare metal. I would not expect SQ to perform a D check immediately prior to disposing of the aircraft. It would be even more surprising if SQ were to then install a new very expensive cabin for just several months of service.

I know that all the SQ passenger JumboJets were sold a few years ago. Given the current economic climate, I think the buyers will be parking most of them after delivery to VCV and that most will never fly again.

I think it's more likely that SQ will ground a couple more JumboJets in the next few weeks than put 9V-SPE back into service, though stranger things have happened.

Comment

• If SPE had a D-check, then just like zvezda mentioned, I doubt it is coming back. If they become short of 744s, which I think is also unlikely, they may wetlease one on short term, just like SPR. If D-check is not done, then it is slightly possible.

Did SPA have a D-check when it was stored for the couple weeks? I remember it was a possible BCF candidate at one time.

Comment

• 9V-SPE was ferried to VCV 13apr09, reportedly for 3 months only
                      /A

Comment

• Originally posted by aerotransport View Post
                        9V-SPE was ferried to VCV 13apr09, reportedly for 3 months only
                        A 3 month storage contract could be extended.

Comment

• 9V-SFL spotted at a boneyard just a few days ago.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untit...SCD/1546447/L/
                          Last edited by haf; 29 June 2009, 04:56 PM. Reason: updated link
                          blog

Comment

• Although, not sure if it's been sitting there a while I should add.
                            blog

Comment

• For short-term storage, why not just use CGK and save on ferry costs? After all there are tons of old birds parked there.

Comment

• With the downgaguging of SQ231/232, any more Jumbo Jet(s) been withdrawn from SQ pax fleet in the last couple days?

Comment

Working...
                                X