SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maxmin View Post
    D'you think the 227/228 SIN-MEL is most likely to get 77W or 380 ?
    What about 219 SIN-SYD?
    Sorry, I think it's been discussed before but I can't seem to find it!
    My guess is that the delivery of 9V-SKI and 9V-SKJ will see the start of WhaleJet service to MEL and a 2nd daily SYD service (not necessarily in that order).

Comment

• Thanks... so no idea which of the current flights it would replace?

Comment

Thanks... so no idea which of the current flights it would replace?
        Clearly flights now operated by Jumbos.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
          Clearly flights now operated by Jumbos.
          I don't know. For SQ219/220, which is operated by the Jumbo now, singaporeair.com shows the standard 773 in late Oct and after, when the Jumbos are retired from this route. But then again, the other Jumbo routes, including SQ227/228, still show the Jumbos in May 2010, even tho' official word is March '10 (and possibly sooner) they are gone, so I'm not sure how reliable this site is.

Comment

My guess is ....
            Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
            ... I'm not sure how reliable this site is.
            The reliability of my guesses is well below 100%. I believe I was the first to predict CDG as an early WhaleJet destination though.

Comment

The reliability of my guesses is well below 100%. I believe I was the first to predict CDG as an early WhaleJet destination though.
              I respect your guesses, their tendency towards accuracy, and last but not least the possibility of their inaccuracy

So, would you adjust your prior guess (380 replacing routes currently served by 744) in light of the current SYD 744 showing up as 773 after October ?

Comment

So, would you adjust your prior guess (380 replacing routes currently served by 744) in light of the current SYD 744 showing up as 773 after October ?
                My guess stands. SQ could very easily list 773 in the GDS as a placeholder.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                  Where was this posted?
                  According to the May SilverKris magazine, all of SQ's passenger JumboJets will be retired by October.

Comment

• That's sad...I was hoping to do my last 744 in December.

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                      I'm not sure how reliable this site is.
                      I would think any site that has people recommending that airlines should allow competitiors to borrow a couple of 747's for a few days when they have a delayed flight should be viewed with boat load of salt.

However, can I just remind people, again, that this thread is about SQ B747-400 withdrawals, and not about guessing which aircraft go where, when and for how long. There are other threads for that.

Thank you.

Comment

• Surely the replacement aircraft are relevant to the withdrawals?

Which site are you referring to ?

Comment

Surely the replacement aircraft are relevant to the withdrawals?
                          Only when kept in context and not when it starts diverting away from what this thread is about, which is the 744 withdrawals. We have previously had to move posts from this thread on a number of occassions when it has gone OT, and we don't want to keep doing it. That is what the request is for. Pretty simple, really.

Which site are you referring to ?.
                          Where did I refer to another site in that post ?.

Comment

• Looks like SPA is not withdrawn yet from pax service. I see a few more flights have been logged in after a 2 week absence being stored. Her last flight was SQ219/220. SMU has been inactive for a week.

Comment

Which site are you referring to ?
                              This site.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...6818#post86818

Comment

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
                                Thanks, now it makes sense.

By the way, I started a new thread about the post-B747-withdrawal world, in order to try and keep this thread on topic.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7079

Comment

Working...
                                X