Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
    I would guess chances are about 30%.

Wow, that low zvezda? You obviously think the 747-400's will be moved on or put into storage fairly soon.

I have a J redemption booked for late January 2010 which presently is scheduled to be a 747, I was really looking forward to flying J on a 747 as I have never done so, not much chance it will remain a 747 reading your posts.

Usually the flights from SIN-MEL-SIN are as follows:

SQ227-SQ228 747-400
    SQ217-SQ218 777-300ER
    SQ237-SQ238 777-300

There is sometimes extra flights added during peak season and a/c changed during low season but the above is generally how SIN-MEL has been operated as long as I know.

Zvezda, NickC or any others with knowledge would you like to have an educated guess at what a/c will be used to fly the SIN-MEL-SIN in the future? The 777-300ER is being used on another route for a few months over winter in Australia but then it wil be returned to the MEL route going by the SQ booking system.

I look forward to any opinions.

SQ238.

Comment

• I think the general opinion is A380 x 1 and 773A x 2 for Melb
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
        I think the general opinion is A380 x 1 and 773A x 2 for Melb
        With the A380 replacing the 744?

It's always interesting how the other poster travelling around the same time as me wants the 744, and I want the 77W/A380/773A

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
          I think the general opinion is A380 x 1 and 773A x 2 for Melb
          sqdazz,

That is what I was thinking but really have no information to back up my thoughts.

SQ227-SQ228 to be the A380?

SQ238.
          Last edited by SQ238; 26 April 2009, 03:19 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
            With the A380 replacing the 744?

It's always interesting how the other poster travelling around the same time as me wants the 744, and I want the 77W/A380/773A
            Flyboy,

I certainly won't lose any sleep if my J redemption is in one of the newer products, just thought it would be good to fly business in the top of a 747-400 berfore they are retired.

SQ238.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
              SQ227-SQ228 to be the A380?
              Yes, my expectation is that the WhaleJet will operate SQ227/228 and the other two flights will be A330-300s during the low season and reconfigured 777-300s (not ER) during the high season.

Comment

On a long-term basis, six aircraft are required to sustain SQ11/12 and SQ25/26. If demand remains anywhere near current levels, then the only option will be to use 777-300ERs. They would be freed up by using reconfigured 777-300s on shorter routes now served by the 777-300ERs.
                Wouldn't SQ25/26 be switched to a Whale Jet service? I know the 744s are full SIN-FRA (unsure about FRA-JFK), so I figured demand on this route is extremely high.

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                  Wouldn't SQ25/26 be switched to a Whale Jet service? I know the 744s are full SIN-FRA (unsure about FRA-JFK), so I figured demand on this route is extremely high.
                  Unlikely as FRA-JFK-FRA load is often poor. If it does get upgauged to whalejet, FRA-JFK-FRA will likely be suspended.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    Saw SPE yesterday at Stand 206 at WSSS, no titles, blue tail. Where's she going?
                    I saw her on Saturday, no idea if it was stand 206 though. Is that the spare bit between T2 and the Budget Terminal ?.

Originally posted by peterblack View Post
                    SPE will be put back into service.
                    If she is going back into service, why bother blanking all the titles out ?.

Comment

Yes, my expectation is that the WhaleJet will operate SQ227/228 and the other two flights will be A330-300s during the low season and reconfigured 777-300s (not ER) during the high season.
                      Noooo not my beloved 77W (SQ217/SQ218) ... grabs landing gear and not letting go

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
                        Noooo not my beloved 77W (SQ217/SQ218) ... grabs landing gear and not letting go
                        I am holding onto that landing gear as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          I saw her on Saturday, no idea if it was stand 206 though. Is that the spare bit between T2 and the Budget Terminal ?.

If she is going back into service, why bother blanking all the titles out ?.
                          Yes, she was still there today. Got a niceish pic of her which I'll put up later.

Comment

• I was recently flying out of SIN and saw the 744 9V-SPE parked on the side. The SIA logo's were removed and all it had was the purple long stripes along the windows. It's probably scheduled to retire.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                              I was recently flying out of SIN and saw the 744 9V-SPE parked on the side. The SIA logo's were removed and all it had was the purple long stripes along the windows. It's probably scheduled to retire.
                              That's a clear indication that 9V-SPE has already been removed from passenger service with SQ.

Comment

• Here she is - half naked

Comment

Working...
                                X