Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed on SQ waitlists...

Hello all,

I've posted the following on the SQ board over at FT, but it looks like most of the knowledgeable folks have moved over here. Hope the slightly modified cross post is ok.

I have a few sectors on SQ in the next three weeks as part of a CRWSTAR3 (booked through SAS) and a side trip to Cairo. To start off with I'm waitlisted on SQ317 on July 24th for a seat in fare bucket D. For a number of reasons, that's my preferred departure date. However, I've got a confirmed seat on SQ317 on July 19th.

I've tried finding out how big the waitlist queue is today, but SAS couldn't really do anything for me. SQ in London also was not helpful at all when calling them today. SQ reservations reached through the KF UK hotline was more helpful, she actually added me to the waitlists for SQ317 on July 22nd and 23rd as well. Which are not as good as the 24th, but better than the 19th for me. I've checked seatcounter.com, expertflyer.com, and KVS lite. All three show D4 for the 24th, and are zeroed out for the 22nd and 23rd.
    Also, attempting dummy bookings on the SQ website suggest that there's at least a few seats in C still available for the 24th, unfortunately not in D.

I've told the helpful lady at SQ res that the 24th is my preferred travel date. She mentioned that the flight has been referred back to 'HQ/central' or something like that for review of load and that my request was noted. She also promised to get back to me by tomorrow.

How do you rate my chances of getting onto SQ317 on the 24th in D? And to make it more interesting, of knowing so by tomorrow?
    Also, is there anything I can do? Like call SQ London again tomorrow morning?

Thanks for any advice, ideas,...

/Desert Traveller
    /Desert Traveller

Best of luck with the waitlist!

If you manage to get on the 24th, why not join us here on the 23rd?

Comment

Sounds great! I'm in if I clear the waitlist soonish and I'm not away on the 19th. And depending on the time you start. I'd be working on the 23rd and London is not exactly round the corner from Nottingham.
      /Desert Traveller

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk! The third SQTalker based in Nottingham?
        Greetings from DEN.
        Last edited by CGK; 16 July 2007, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, Desert Traveller.

Since your inquiry doesn't involve re-pricing your ticket (because you've decided to fly in a different class altogether, for example), London SQ won't have an advantage over SIN SQ in terms of knowing whether or not you've cleared the waitlist. I would recommend dealing with SIN SQ, as the hold times for London SQ can be frustratingly long.

I can't say for sure what your chances are for clearing the waitlist, as I suspect you're not PPS (apologies if I overinterpreted your post). Business Class on SQ317 isn't as busy as that on SQ321, but it's generally also not as open as that in SQ319.

Good luck with the waitlist.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

In case you hadn't read it yet, you have a PM Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
              She mentioned that the flight has been referred back to 'HQ/central' or something like that for review of load and that my request was noted. She also promised to get back to me by tomorrow.
              That would be the Yield Management Team. They used to be such a nice friendly bunch who cleared waitlists for QPP's and TPP's so easily years ago. Alas they seem to regularly get out of the wrong side of the bed these days...or at least only wake up right at the last minute...

Good luck with your waitlist, and welcome to SQTalk.

Comment

Whoa, thanks for all you support!

I guess I'll wait and see what happens. Will keep you posted.
                /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  Welcome to SQTalk! The third SQTalker based in Nottingham?
                  All the more reason for a Nottingham Do!

Comment

The third SQTalker based in Nottingham?
                    I get two, who's the third ??.

Comment

I count nickbot as two.

Comment

I count nickbot as two.
                        Why thank you CGK

Comment

Thanks again to all of you for the warm welcome and all the help!

Well, having just come home from a long first day back in the office, there's no chance whatsoever I'll be on SQ317 on the 19th. Any of the other days are still fine, as I get at least another three days in the office.

But my preferred day remains the 24th, as I've currently got a connecting flight confirmed to CGK early on the 25th, and on a separate ticket, right back to SIN and then on to CAI. I could juggle the SIN-CGK leg, I hope, if I get one of the earlier LHR-SIN flights to keep the stay in SIN below 24hrs.

And if all that fails, I'm actually thinking of booking as a fallback option, LHRzrhCAI on LX for the 25th. To be back in LHR on the 31st, and then try leave to SIN on the 1st. At least, I get to Egypt on the dates I need to be there. I'd have to cancel the CGK-CAI and miss out on PPS status. Or just try to get 2.5 sectors some other way.
                          And that way, I could also be at the LHR on the 24th and see whether I clear the waitlist last minute. And also make the do on the 23rd.

So far, SQ hasn't called me back, nor have I had the time to call them. But I'll do that tomorrow and cancel the confirmed flight on the 19th and ask about the waitlist again.

Thanks again,

/Ben

PS: Is there an easier way of posting here by BlackBerry than using the built-in browser? That's so annoyingly slow!
                          /Desert Traveller

Comment

YAY!! It looks like I've cleared the waitlist for the 24th! At least the leg doesn't show up in light blue in 'My Bookings' anymore and the little Waitlisted is gone, too. No other confirmation though...
                            /Desert Traveller

Comment

Congratulations! Must be confirmed if there is no "waitlisted" in the itinerary through viewing My Bookings.

Comment

Working...
                              X