The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
    this's a very impressive improvement from the a330 and b772. when is SQ deploying to MNL route?
    My thoughts exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
      in terms of real estate, 8 are paying for the price of 9 which works out to be 12.5% more. After throwing in all the ancillary stuffs like priority check in, boarding and lounge access, it probably works out to be around 15-20%. But SQ is charging PY at triple of N/Q, double of M/W/H of Y class tickets - doesn't make sense.
      They remove 66Y seat in A380 for 36 PY (roughly 1.83Y to 1PY) n for 777, 44 Y seat remove for 28PY. (Roughly 1.5 Y to 1PY). So they are thinking that they must charge at least double or more for the price.

Guess the demand is not there for short haul, that why no PY seats

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
        Guess the demand is not there for short haul, that why no PY seats
        It does cause issues for connection customers.

Either way I don't fly PEY. I think J is better value for money. If I can't get J it will be Y.

Comment

• Wish SQ had installed traditional windows shades.

I also think they should have installed a USB-C port.

Comment

• Just off 970 in BKK. First impression is very pleasant, this is a quantum leap from the 330 let alone the myriad of 772 vintages we've been having on the route.

Seat and bed are extremely comfortable, I would say the bed more than the seat itself. I'd agree with previous experiences on the delivery flight on the seat being slightly narrow yet very comfortable. Found myself hitting the IFE remote accidentally a few times, minor detail. Two minor issues, the armrests give way under weight, so using them as support to stand out of the seat won't work. Also, when lowered and in bed mode, the elbow towards the aisle tends to go out of the seat space into the aisle, which is likely to cause impacts from crew/pax/pushcarts.

Panasonic IFE is superb and WiFi worked flawlessly. Interestingly it's volume based rather than time based, although this could change in longer flights.

Sad to see the cuttlery, glassware and tableware are the same as in the old 333/772 regional J and not the one in the new 380 (which was featured in some of the marketing material for the 787-10). Hoping this will change in time as this is a bit of a let down compared to the rest of the product.

Both pillow and blanket are as in the new 380.

Managed to chit chat with the crew on the front galley, they are much happier with the setup as compared to the 350.

All in all, this could easily be a long haul product and definitely an amazing one for short/medium haul.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
              Also, when lowered and in bed mode, the elbow towards the aisle tends to go out of the seat space into the aisle, which is likely to cause impacts from crew/pax/pushcarts.
              Yes, I spoke with media on the delivery flight who were in 'aisle' seating and they commented on this, which is why I'd go for a 'window' seat where the seat/bed is directly up against the window – your elbow gains an extra few inches between the seat shell and the fuselage.

Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
              All in all, this could easily be a long haul product and definitely an amazing one for short/medium haul.
              Quite agree!

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                Wish SQ had installed traditional windows shades.
                Hence doubling up on the Dreamliner's own tinted glass? Not sure I'd see the benefit for passengers or for SQ in added cost, potential maintenance etc.

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                I also think they should have installed a USB-C port.
                This is one which a few people have suggested should be the next thing for IFE sockets, yet I don't quite understand, so maybe you can clue me in.

While there's a marked increase in devices with USB-C connectors (eg iPhone, MacBook Pro, latest Samsung Galaxy phones), one almost never sees a cable with USB-C at both ends – it's always USB-C at the device end and standard USB-A at the 'connecting / charging' end - so doesn't that mean that an inflight USB-C port would almost never be used? Or do you reckon this is more in the way of future-proofing based on the idea that there will at some stage in the next few years be a lot of 'USB-C at both ends' cables issued with devices?

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                  Hence doubling up on the Dreamliner's own tinted glass? Not sure I'd see the benefit for passengers or for SQ in added cost, potential maintenance etc.
                  Pitch black would be best for me. I am just saying it for selfish reasons.

Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                  While there's a marked increase in devices with USB-C connectors (eg iPhone, MacBook Pro, latest Samsung Galaxy phones), one almost never sees a cable with USB-C at both ends – it's always USB-C at the device end and standard USB-A at the 'connecting / charging' end - so doesn't that mean that an inflight USB-C port would almost never be used? Or do you reckon this is more in the way of future-proofing based on the idea that there will at some stage in the next few years be a lot of 'USB-C at both ends' cables issued with devices?
                  The USB-C connector is coming albeit slowly! I work in IT and we are seeing more and more. We are just at a funny stage at the moment. These aircraft will be in service for quite a while so in a few years it will be needed more than it is now. They should have USB A and C connectors. It wouldn't cost a huge amount to have both. All our new orders at work either have USB A & C or just C.

Comment

• It looks like 9V-SCB is on its delivery flight!

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                      It looks like 9V-SCB is on its delivery flight!
                      she is indeed.
                      same routing as 9V-SCA

Comment

• Since there will be 5 units of 787-10 by mid-may, what are the chances of replacing the SQ622/623 (SIN-KIX) with 787-10 too?
                        Is this a considerable option for SQ, or are they usually preferred to deploy it on another route instead?

Comment

• Originally posted by felixkurniawan View Post
                          Since there will be 5 units of 787-10 by mid-may, what are the chances of replacing the SQ622/623 (SIN-KIX) with 787-10 too?
                          Is this a considerable option for SQ, or are they usually preferred to deploy it on another route instead?
                          There's probably a good chance it would switch over soon, depending on scheduling. At the very early stages of developing a fleet, how flight times work together is fairly crucial. The BKK flights help fill the gaps between longer flights as well as crew training. All flights to Japan, other than one of the 3 to HND, require the plane to be away overnight, so it does mean looking for shorter flights to fill gaps during the day. The advantage of SQ622/3 is that it's not at the same time as NGO and FUK's flights, so that adds to flexibility. We also need to see how quickly they want to get all or most PER flights replaced with 78Js.

Comment

• The 787-10 looks beautiful in SQ's livery. Glad to hear the positive things about it and your impressions of it Spaniard. For regional flights I wouldn't be bothered about Wifi.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              The 787-10 looks beautiful in SQ's livery. Glad to hear the positive things about it and your impressions of it Spaniard. For regional flights I wouldn't be bothered about Wifi.
                              Some of us who actually have to work do enjoy the benefits of internet connectivity even on regional flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                                Some of us who actually have to work do enjoy the benefits of internet connectivity even on regional flights.
                                Fine with me. I was giving my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X