The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
    Thanks Nichardenberg. And we're meeting the guy who wrote this tonight!

have fun, hope it will be interesting, will be checking out the seat myself on april 23rd, looking forward to it..cheers

Comment

• I was at the First To Fly 787 event at Jet Quay last night

After the speeches and excellent buffet dinner, we were bussed to the aircraft

A quantum leap compared to previous aircraft

Many times I dread stepping off an airline’s long haul product into their regional one

No longer! I tried the seat and I find it good enough for long haul

Better than BA’s

SQ could standardize their aircraft to have this seat

(I’m assuming long haul version would have slightly more width seeing A359 are wider)

I tried the economy seats too and was equally impressed

The Recaro seats are made in Germany

Feels like sitting on a padded hammock

Plenty of legroom since they eliminated the foot rest

No IFE box under seats

18” width. Same 32” pitch but much more legroom because

thinner chairback and scalloped ahead of knees

Nice recline ( chair seat slides forward as you recline seat )

2 charging points: next to monitor and below seat in front

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
        18” width.
        Wow this must be one of the widest (if not the widest) Y class seat on a 3-3-3 configured Dreamliner operated by any airline - certainly very impressive.

Hope to be able to fly on it one day, but I don't think we'll ever see this aircraft in our shores (I'm based in AKL, so I think there's be 0 chance seeing this aircraft deployed on SIN-AKL and SIN-CHC... WLG may get it someday since WLG is an extension of a flight to OZ, currently via CBR but switching to MEL soon.

Thanks to those of you who provided various reports, and especially @djsflynn for your excellent report on AusBT...

Comment

• I did not think that 18' seat widths were possible on a 3-3-3 configured Dreamliner.....shows how much I know. That is certainly impressive......though i wonder how wide the aisles are. And of course, most of us on this forum will be waiting for the yflyer magazine measurement!

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
            Wow this must be one of the widest (if not the widest) Y class seat on a 3-3-3 configured Dreamliner operated by any airline - certainly very impressive.

Hope to be able to fly on it one day, but I don't think we'll ever see this aircraft in our shores (I'm based in AKL, so I think there's be 0 chance seeing this aircraft deployed on SIN-AKL and SIN-CHC... WLG may get it someday since WLG is an extension of a flight to OZ, currently via CBR but switching to MEL soon.

Thanks to those of you who provided various reports, and especially @djsflynn for your excellent report on AusBT...
            Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
            I did not think that 18' seat widths were possible on a 3-3-3 configured Dreamliner.....shows how much I know. That is certainly impressive......though i wonder how wide the aisles are. And of course, most of us on this forum will be waiting for the yflyer magazine measurement!
            I think 18" width is as wide as the seat in Scoot (according to the Scoot website).

17" width would be more for the 3-4-3 seating in 77W.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
              [...]
              18” width. [...]
              Flight International has seat width at 17.5". Interesting. Might just be what you measure.
              /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                Flight International has seat width at 17.5". Interesting. Might just be what you measure.
                Today’s Straits Times has it at 18”

Comment

• Anyone on the inaugural to BKK next Tuesday? Managed to get 16K so come say hi!

Comment

• Some have questioned the number of toilets for economy class

There are 7 for 301 passengers

3 at back, 2 in middle and 2 in front

Some seat map have the 2 middle toilets as 1 toilet

Interestingly the middle 2 toilets can be converted to 1 toilet for the disabled passengers

Comment

• Seat map has been updated ....

http://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pd...eing787-10.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
                        Anyone on the inaugural to BKK next Tuesday? Managed to get 16K so come say hi!
                        Try and change your seat.

It’s the only row without a window

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          The map is inaccurate

Note that there are TWO toilets in centre aisle at row 57 and 75

The row 57 one can be made into one toilet for disabled passengers

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
                            Anyone on the inaugural to BKK next Tuesday? Managed to get 16K so come say hi!
                            Hope you have a nice flight. What is your flight no? Do you know what other flights will be on the familiarisation schedule after your inaugural? Thank you.
                            https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11491

Comment

• Originally posted by fablee View Post
                              Hope you have a nice flight. What is your flight no? Do you know what other flights will be on the familiarisation schedule after your inaugural? Thank you.
                              I managed to get the 787 on the following flights:

1) SQ 118 SIN-KUL and SQ 119 KUL-SIN in April
                              2) SQ 972 SIN-BKK in May

Not sure if there are any chances to the plane schedule after those months.

Comment

• Originally posted by fablee View Post
                                They seem to be using mostly BKK:
                                www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/277833/singapore-airlines-expands-dreamliner-bangkok-flights-in-2q18/

A second 78J must be arriving before 10 APR in order for this to be possible.

There are also flights to KUL:
                                www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/277084/singapore-airlines-outlines-787-10-operation-from-april-2018/

For permanent flights, only KIX and PER have been officially announced, with rumours (official ones) of NGO and FUK.

Comment

Working...
                                X