No announcement yet.

The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the wonderful write-up, djsflynn!

From the pics, this looks like a very impressive product. Way ahead of current regional J, and in many ways it can almost pass for a long haul J product.

I am keen to see the products in person, to get a sense of the size/scale of the seats. The 787 cabin is not as wide as an A350 cabin, so I wonder about perceived spaciousness and cabin ambience, and how it compares with other J cabins.

The narrowness of the seat (Compared to other SQ J products) came up a few times in the review. Just for comparison, the BA Club World products across 787, 777 and A380 all have a stated seat width of 20"...and this is BA's long haul product.

Comment

• Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
      The economy class does look almost the same as the A380 new economy class.

https://airlinegeeks.com/2018/03/27/...10-dreamliner/
      I wonder if there's any more pictures of a regular Y seats.. for Y flyers like me

Comment

• Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
        I wonder if there's any more pictures of a regular Y seats.. for Y flyers like me
        The Y seats are the same Recaros on the new A380s. yflyer did a TR on that earlier this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          The Y seats are the same Recaros on the new A380s. yflyer did a TR on that earlier this year.
          Except we need the "magazine measurement" for the 787-10 economy seats.

Comment

• Impressive upgrade for regional routes. I didn't expect this. Stagger seating never looks this awesome and stylish.

While the A380 new J was underwhelming in my personal impression, this is a very much welcome upgrade. Looking forward to it next month

Comment

• Color me impressed! The article in Australian business traveler was a wonderful read. Love the photos. Overall I think it looks like a splendid product, it reminds me somewhat of ANA business class.

Comment

paging yflyer

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  paging yflyer
                  Yes, I would like to do the seat magazine measurement™ ...but first I need to get onto a flight operated by this plane...

All that said, the uselage has the same dimensions, whether 788, 789 or 787-10, so I am not optimistic about the 9-abreast 3-3-3 Y layout as far as seat width is concerned...

Agree J is impressive, though!

Comment

• Welcome home, 9V-SCA!

djsflynn, see yourself there?

Comment

• Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
                      Welcome home, 9V-SCA!

djsflynn, see yourself there?
                      djsflynn was seated in Seat 12A, so he would have been on the port side.
                      Last edited by SQ22; 28 March 2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• I do have to agree, though, that this aircraft is a beauty! Love it to bits and can't wait to fly on one during my next regional trip!

Comment

• The 787-10 economy class product looks the same as the 2017 Y seats on the new A380s. Am I right to say so?

Comment

• here is a review of the new regional business class seat on the SIA Boeing 787-1000 from Australian Business Traveller...enjoy..
                            https://www.ausbt.com.au/review-sing...tm_source=hero

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichardenberg View Post
                              here is a review of the new regional business class seat on the SIA Boeing 787-1000 from Australian Business Traveller...enjoy..
                              Thanks Nichardenberg. And we're meeting the guy who wrote this tonight!

Comment

• That 3-point seat harness....does it cut into the neck? I had that issue with MH. Very annoying.

The SQ belt looks better designed, though, if indeed it retracts neatly when not used. The MH chest-strap gets in the way (even when disengaged from the lap-belt) when sleeping and then easily get stuck on the side when raising up the seat back.

Comment

Working...
                                X