Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    Fine with me. I was giving my opinion.
    I'm sure you've learned how(or tried) to be objective, because everyone know how your personal opinions sound like these days

Comment

Fine with me. I was giving my opinion.
      Yes, we're all used to your opinion vs fact ratio. Others on here try to contribute more than their personal opinions. It's called informed discussion and if you read what others with expertise or different viewpoints write, sometimes you can learn things.

Comment

• I know it's annoying but it surprises me that y'all keep going on about SQFanatic.
        Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
          I know it's annoying but it surprises me that y'all keep going on about SQFanatic.
          Because he keeps going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
            Because he keeps going on?
            That's really not how you handle a person like that, just ignore him. You can probably also block the person if it's too much. I too, think SQfanatic's posts can be annoying but it really doesn't help to make a fuss about it.

Let's keep it at that and move on.
            Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

That's really not how you handle a person like that, just ignore him. You can probably also block the person if it's too much. I too, think SQfanatic's posts can be annoying but it really doesn't help to make a fuss about it.

The mods have another, more effective, method at their disposal....

Comment

For regional flights I wouldn't be bothered about Wifi.
                SQ's definition of regional flights seems different from other carriers. For SQ, regional is as far as SIN-SYD (8 Hours), and includes destinations like Shanghai, Mumbai, Tokyo, Seoul (All 5-6 hours away).

For "regional" flights of this duration, wifi looks pretty important, especially for business travellers.

That we have this same fully flat "regional" product for short sectors like SIN-BKK or SIN-HKG is a real bonus.

It should be fun to fly this 787-10 J to KL on the current familiarisation flights. When you press the recline button, by the time the seat finishes reclining to fully flat, the Captain will announce "Cabin crew please prepare for arrival..."

Comment

Now that's something I didn't know. Could you please explain how to block his posts from appearing in my account. And if you follow these forums more regularly you will have noticed that many members have.actually exercised lengthy restraint. Over periods of months and perhaps years.

Comment

• Managed to try the 787-10 in Y from SIN-KUL and KUL-SIN.

The positives:

1) Liked the way the seat slides forward as I reclined the seat.
                    2) Seat felt much more comfortable.
                    3) The toilet flush suction was much softer and sounded like a normal flush. (my pet peeve)
                    4) Seemed quieter inside the plane, better insulation perhaps?

The negatives:

1) The armrests now goes into the seat and are now non-adjustable. I felt squashed in due to this.
                    2) I sat at 41C for both legs of my trip and was literally facing the passageway leading down to the front of the plane. Due to this, my legs often stretched out into the passageway and caused a steward to trip of them twice.
                    3) My legs kept brushing against the light button switch so the lights went on and off a couple of times. Not sure if this is due to the design or just my thighs.

I have another slightly longer trip in J to BKK next month, so I'll get to try out the new regional J seats. Looking forward to that!

Comment

• I was just reading a review on SQ's 787-10 on Mainly Miles and the author mentioned that Boingo is available on this aircraft and that it is free for Mastercard holders!

I went onto the Boingo-MC website and yes, I do qualify for a free-account. But I did not know about the perk on SQ... or is it confined to this new aircraft?

Has anyone here tried it?

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                        Some of us who actually have to work do enjoy the benefits of internet connectivity even on regional flights.
                        I've been using the free 30 MB for PPS members, it's a nice little benefit. For emails and Whatsapp, the 30 MB lasted me for quite a good amount, at least for a short flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
                          I was just reading a review on SQ's 787-10 on Mainly Miles and the author mentioned that Boingo is available on this aircraft and that it is free for Mastercard holders!

I went onto the Boingo-MC website and yes, I do qualify for a free-account. But I did not know about the perk on SQ... or is it confined to this new aircraft?

Has anyone here tried it?
                          The unlimited Boingo account is only for MasterCard World Elite cardholders. It's free to sign up - but as mentioned in our Citi Prestige MC review - it's not publicised by Citi. Instead, you must know you have a World Elite MC. Also, their list of airlines and aircraft that the service is available on is not kept up to date.

So far we have successfully used unrestricted data on the A350 and 787-10. It also works on Scoot 787-8/9 aircraft (same Panasonic hardware).

The new A380 didn't appear to offer Boingo as an option when we tried it. We haven't tried the 777 fleet but would suspect the Panasonic/T-mobile aircraft will allow it.

Comment

• 9V-SCB is doing her first assignment SIN-KUL SQ119

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              There's probably a good chance it would switch over soon, depending on scheduling. At the very early stages of developing a fleet, how flight times work together is fairly crucial. The BKK flights help fill the gaps between longer flights as well as crew training. All flights to Japan, other than one of the 3 to HND, require the plane to be away overnight, so it does mean looking for shorter flights to fill gaps during the day. The advantage of SQ622/3 is that it's not at the same time as NGO and FUK's flights, so that adds to flexibility. We also need to see how quickly they want to get all or most PER flights replaced with 78Js.
                              Just received an email notification that my SQ622 (mid may) flight has been switched to 787-10
                              Last edited by felixkurniawan; 10 April 2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by felixkurniawan View Post
                                Just received an email notification that my SQ622 (mid may) flight has been switched to 787-10
                                Very interesting! I've checked 'routes online' and there's no announcement yet, so you may be the one with the exclusive breaking news

Comment

Working...
                                X