• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    It is the 787-10 not the 787-1000 :-)
    sorry my bad, had it together with the trent 1000 in my head or maybe the
    A350-1000, you are right 787-10

nice videos with the new aircraft...
    Last edited by Nichardenberg; 31 March 2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
      That 3-point seat harness....does it cut into the neck?
      Nope, was quite comfy, the only thing is that the bit into which the seatbelt clips (that's the technical term for it) doesn't extend at all - it's of a fixed and rather short length - so you need to swivel around to clip in the seatbelt, and this won't be an easy movement for passengers of restricted mobility (mainly plus-sized pax).
      Last edited by djsflynn; 1 April 2018, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
        Delivery next Wednesday, 3rd one due early May. Actually there should be 3 delivered in May. I guess the B787 production line is now well established so they can really pump them out.
        At Charleston we saw two on the assembly line and at least two more parked outside.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          Similiarly think the CEO have also mentioned or hinted that the new regional A350 will not have PE too.
          Yes, hw's confirmed PE-less regional A350s.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
            https://www.reuters.com/article/sing...-idUSS6N1ME00I

Will the 29 other 787's get a different product?
            Unlikely – I raised this with SQ PR, and SQ's release citing 20 787-10s (which is what other reports are sourcing) was simply to state this commitment to the first 20. I know it sounds odd but "it's the SQ way" (apparently). However, there's scope in that order for the -10s to be swapped to -9s or even -8s, according to the CEO.

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
              Unlikely – I raised this with SQ PR, and SQ's release citing 20 787-10s (which is what other reports are sourcing) was simply to state this commitment to the first 20. I know it sounds odd but "it's the SQ way" (apparently). However, there's scope in that order for the -10s to be swapped to -9s or even -8s, according to the CEO.
              I see, thanks for the insight!
              Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                Nope, was quite comfy, the only thing is that the bit into which the seatbelt clips (that's the technical term for it) doesn't extend at all - it's of a fixed and rather short length - so you need to swivel around to clip in the seatbelt, and this won't be an easy movement for passengers of restricted mobility (mainly plus-sized pax).
                Glad to hear that. And once again - really privileged to enjoy the early information on the new product from you!

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  Yes I have made the observation when SIA announces that the 787-10 will not have PE. Similiarly think the CEO have also mentioned or hinted that the new regional A350 will not have PE too. SIA should have PE in all its new aircrafts like the 787 and A350s.
                  My personal impression is that PE product is too close to Y but the price is too far off. SQ should have priced it lower to entice more people or throw in more freebies to swing a larger number of regular travellers over.... at least for a couple of years or so...till the product is more established.

When Business Class (known as Raffles Class when first launched), it had enough distinguishing factors between the two. Right now, PE is so like a glamorised economy seat. Even share the same toilets...but further away than the rest of economy.

The way they are approaching PE is that it will not succeed. At least, it cannot win me over.

So I am not surprised that SQ is dropping PE from newer aircrafts. May even drop it entirely from all short to medium distance flights.

Comment

• Is the IFE the same as the A350 please?

Comment

My personal impression is that PE product is too close to Y but the price is too far off. SQ should have priced it lower to entice more people or throw in more freebies to swing a larger number of regular travellers over.... at least for a couple of years or so...till the product is more established.

When Business Class (known as Raffles Class when first launched), it had enough distinguishing factors between the two. Right now, PE is so like a glamorised economy seat. Even share the same toilets...but further away than the rest of economy.

The way they are approaching PE is that it will not succeed. At least, it cannot win me over.

So I am not surprised that SQ is dropping PE from newer aircrafts. May even drop it entirely from all short to medium distance flights.
                      I couldn't agree more

Comment

SQ did not (retro-)fit PE on its existing regional aircraft (A330, B772, B773). So I wouldn't term the decision not to fit PE on the B787s and A350 regionals as "drop". You can't drop what's never been there.

Comment

• this's a very impressive improvement from the a330 and b772. when is SQ deploying to MNL route?

Comment

in terms of real estate, 8 are paying for the price of 9 which works out to be 12.5% more. After throwing in all the ancillary stuffs like priority check in, boarding and lounge access, it probably works out to be around 15-20%. But SQ is charging PY at triple of N/Q, double of M/W/H of Y class tickets - doesn't make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                              SQ did not (retro-)fit PE on its existing regional aircraft (A330, B772, B773). So I wouldn't term the decision not to fit PE on the B787s and A350 regionals as "drop". You can't drop what's never been there.
                              I stand corrected.

Comment

I stand corrected.
                                Doesn't diminish your valid argument that PE is overpriced relative to what it offers.

Comment

Working...
                                X