No announcement yet.

The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any deviation on the ETA timing? hoping to camp for an arrival shot

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
      So how many passengers are on this flight?
      I'd say around 50ish. Business class is full, so that's 36 right there - we have two seats for off-duty pilots, Boeing & SQ & Rolls-Royce & seatmaker execs, a few SQ and Boeing PRs and the rest is media; then in economy are some other SQ peeps and I think maybe some media as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
        Is there any deviation on the ETA timing? hoping to camp for an arrival shot
        So far we're on track, with KIX ETA 1.50am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
          On the outside, the aircraft is a beauty! I find it very impressive that the SQ is getting so many Dreamliners.
          Makes your dreams come true, don't they?

Comment

• SQ8878 is currently on airway J501, about 50km away from Anchorage. djsflynn must be having a whale of a time! The rest of us mortals can only imagine how it must be like to be on a delivery flight. Hehe...

Comment

• Did SIA bring the Singapore Girls on board for inflight service, or is it provided by Airbus crew? If it's our famed girls, then the airline must have flown them all the way to CHS for this delivery flight and it'll continue to do the same for all subsequent deliveries!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
                SQ8878 is currently on airway J501, about 50km away from Anchorage. djsflynn must be having a whale of a time! The rest of us mortals can only imagine how it must be like to be on a delivery flight. Hehe...
                Actually, and you guys won't believe this, but this is not the most funnest delivery flight I've been on - maybe because it left late at the end of a long day, maybe because Singaporeans are more buttoned-down than Aussies or Yanks of even HK peeps, but this flight is very subdued. The mood is rather that of a regular flight, in many ways... there wasn't even the burst of applause at take-off which has accompanied every delivery flight I've been on.

And right now. I'm sitting here working on my review of the seat while everybody else is sleeping..!
                Last edited by djsflynn; 27 March 2018, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Did SIA bring the Singapore Girls on board for inflight service, or is it provided by Airbus crew? If it's our famed girls, then the airline must have flown them all the way to CHS for this delivery flight and it'll continue to do the same for all subsequent deliveries!
                  Airbus crew banned because it's a Boeing flight. They did find one Frenchie spy (the fact that he called the jet the "Boeing sept huit sept - dix" gave him away) but he was turfed out the emergency exit somewhere over Alaska. He'll soon be just another slab of meat on Sarah Palin's breakfast table.

SQ girls flown over for this, they'd also been doing training of course because they're the first SQ 787-10 crew and will be flying the BKK and KUL famil runs. Many of them were at the dinner, dressed in their fancy clothes and looking stunning of course. And yes, they're doing service and really enjoying it, as am I.

Catering by Boeing, so the food's so-so alas (Boeing Seattle food for some delivery flights I've had from there has been fantastic), but at KIX they will load SQ food. And maybe something better than Starbucks coffee.

I'm told subsequent deliveries will have just two SGs per flight.

Comment

Did SIA bring the Singapore Girls on board for inflight service, or is it provided by Airbus crew? If it's our famed girls, then the airline must have flown them all the way to CHS for this delivery flight and it'll continue to do the same for all subsequent deliveries!
                    CAG has some regulation that there has to be a few SQ cabin crew on-board SQ delivery flights. I can't remember how many....

Airbus crew on a Boeing delivery

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      CAG has some regulation that there has to be a few SQ cabin crew on-board SQ delivery flights. I can't remember how many...
                      I know that other airline's delivery flights I've been on the requirement is sufficient FAs with sight of passengers per side door (to cross-check each other's work?)... so if we're all in one cabin they can get away with two FAs.

Comment

• Haha! How could I have typed Airbus? Silly me. Did you take photos of the SQ girls during dinner?

Comment

Haha! How could I have typed Airbus? Silly me. Did you take photos of the SQ girls during dinner?
                          No... why would I? It's more of a 'social' event and they're not on duty.

Comment

• To add, SQ has posted this lovely but very brief teaser promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RqUKloAdpI

The Straits Times has a lovely video as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QaDRJq4qvY

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
                              The Straits Times has a lovely video as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QaDRJq4qvY
                              Love the part of the video featuring the Queen of the Skies, the B747-400 Megatop

And now SQ has the most elegant aircraft from Boeing's current lineup - the 787-10!

Comment

• Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
                                I'm more interested in the Economy section though.
                                Same haha, I wonder if the Y seats are the 2017 version?
                                Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

Working...
                                X