Upgrade to Premium Economy offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to Premium Economy offer

I have received an offer for an upgrade from Y to PEY on my next flight from Amsterdam to Singapore (roughly an additional SGD 530 return). I still doubting whether to do this, because I have read many reviews which mentioned PEY is not worth an upgrade at all. Champagne in plastic glasses, meals the same as in Y, no separate lavatories and seat not that comfortable. Also no lounge access which other airlines do offer in PEY. I have flown many times in SQ Y and never had a bad experience. Could anyone advise me on PEY? Thanks!

I guess it would be worth the gamble and you should invest 260 SGD one-way and let us know what you think.

The additional space would be worth it from my point of view. Plus you can order your preferred meal. Nicer screen to enjoy the movies plus your bags get priority.

Comment

Originally posted by LeisureFlyer View Post
      I have received an offer for an upgrade from Y to PEY on my next flight from Amsterdam to Singapore (roughly an additional SGD 530 return). I still doubting whether to do this, because I have read many reviews which mentioned PEY is not worth an upgrade at all. Champagne in plastic glasses, meals the same as in Y, no separate lavatories and seat not that comfortable. Also no lounge access which other airlines do offer in PEY. I have flown many times in SQ Y and never had a bad experience. Could anyone advise me on PEY? Thanks!
      Hi LeisureFlyer!

Is it SGD530 for an upgrade to PEY return i.e. both ways? If so, if I were in your shoes, I would go for it!

Comment

Do you think $225 one way from MEL-SIN is a fair bid for premium economy?

I know that SQ is offering on the spot upgrades on SIN-PEK, SIN-DEL, SIN-BOM for $220.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
          Do you think $225 one way from MEL-SIN is a fair bid for premium economy?

I know that SQ is offering on the spot upgrades on SIN-PEK, SIN-DEL, SIN-BOM for $220.
          Seems fair for a 7-ish hour flight... Have not tried SQ's PEY product so I wouldn't mind forking out that amount for an upgrade...
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I bidded for $120 per leg on a Shanghai trip (5 hours) and got it. Quite worth it.

Comment

Lounge access is not a thing in premium y on other airlines that I am aware of .

I do think its pathetic they are serving champagne or any drink in plastic though, they ought to have a look at how Qantas does it.... proper glasses, no plastic at all.
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                Lounge access is not a thing in premium y on other airlines that I am aware of .

I do think its pathetic they are serving champagne or any drink in plastic though, they ought to have a look at how Qantas does it.... proper glasses, no plastic at all.
                To be fair, I believe different airlines have vastly different views in terms of what they label as 'Premium Economy'.

Some airlines uses a 2-2-2 layout while SQ uses 2-4-2. Some airlines rate it closer to their Business product while SQ seems to align it closer to Economy. I just can't see SQ rating the PEY anywhere close to their J product. Nowhere close.

But of course, proper glasses for PEY pax sounds reasonable. Especially if you take into account how much more they actually charge for an upgrade.

Comment

It seems that SQ has finally realized it's dismal PEY performance is due to pragmatic pricing. Judging from the more competitive pricing that they are accepting from travelers,we should see PEY cabin filling up soon. $530 for an PEY return AMS-SIN upgrade is simply irresistible!

Comment

This was left on the check-in counter when I checked in for my PVG-SIN flight. The presentation is dismal though, photocopied several times, wrong use of logos etc. If they intend to display this till 30 November, the least they could do is to print it in color and laminate it.

Load was about 50% for PEY.
                    Last edited by SQ319; 23 November 2016, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
                      It seems that SQ has finally realized it's dismal PEY performance is due to pragmatic pricing. Judging from the more competitive pricing that they are accepting from travelers,we should see PEY cabin filling up soon. $530 for an PEY return AMS-SIN upgrade is simply irresistible!
                      Part of it is the difficulty of booking it in multi-segment trips as it is only available if all segments offer PEY, as far as I can remember, which rarely happens. I suspect this is the main reason why they are opting to sell these upgrades out of the standard booking system.

On a side note, I tried it on JFK-FRA-SIN and certainly would go for it with that price point, it is far more comfortable than Y despite the food being similar. The amount of space available, the privacy feeling of a smaller cabin and better headsets are definitely worth that difference.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ-77W View Post
                        To be fair, I believe different airlines have vastly different views in terms of what they label as 'Premium Economy'.

Some airlines uses a 2-2-2 layout while SQ uses 2-4-2. Some airlines rate it closer to their Business product while SQ seems to align it closer to Economy. I just can't see SQ rating the PEY anywhere close to their J product. Nowhere close.

But of course, proper glasses for PEY pax sounds reasonable. Especially if you take into account how much more they actually charge for an upgrade.
                        The prices for an award ticket are nearer business than economy... just absurd based on the reviews ive seen

Comment

I felt the premium economy product was quite good on a recent A380 flight from SIN-HKG. It feels so much more roomy and comfortable to be sitting on the window seat of a 2-4-2 arrangement with better seat pitch and access to the aisle than regular economy. The seat is quite nice too. Thumbs up. For the price difference of S$260 each way to MEL, I would go buy.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post

NH gives lounge access to PEY passengers. At least they did in 2005 at NRT!
                            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                              NH gives lounge access to PEY passengers. At least they did in 2005 at NRT!
                              thats the exception not the rule then because it certainly doesnt apply to the vast majority of premium economy products around the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X