Long haul travel with 11 months old infant in SQ J class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dacow55 View Post
    Speaking of milk for infant/toddlers, are we allowed to bring in fresh/UHT milk as carry ons? We'll be traveling BWN-LHR with our 3 year old this coming Monday. Local SQ rep has yet to get back to us on this.
    Yes, as long as you say it's for your LO's consumption.

Comment

Update: had no such issues with security in Changi. They didn't even asked any questions. Security in Brunei on the other hand was a different matter. Eventually the supervisor cleared it in the end.

Hopefully the trip back from Heathrow will be considerate as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dacow55 View Post
        Update: had no such issues with security in Changi. They didn't even asked any questions. Security in Brunei on the other hand was a different matter. Eventually the supervisor cleared it in the end.

Hopefully the trip back from Heathrow will be considerate as well.
        Yes, it is always down to the departing airport security. SIN is usually quite lax when it comes to infants. When we departed LAX, there was additional checks on the water bottles as well as hot water flask, but still managed to carried all through.

Comment

Just took B773 J on both the 2006 and 2013 J with my 21mo.

Bassinet imo, is more important for a younger one (younger than 6mo) than an 11mo. If your LO is too big to fit into the bassinet, you can always share your seat! It's big enough for me and my 21mo to lie side by side, while he naps and while I catch up on the IFE. We didn't use the bassinet at all, but saw a mummy use it for her very little squish. It looks exactly as the same one in Y class. and even with the bassinet, there is plenty of space to move around.

Meals wise, as we were on a 7 hour flight to/from Tokyo, there was a refreshment and a main meal. Same for the child meal for infant (what we chose among the 3 infant meal options).

On the flight ex-SIN, there were 2 hot casseroles catered for him, both for breakfast and refreshment. On the flight ex-NRT, they catered a hot casserole for his dinner, and a bun and milk for his refreshment. My boy loves the bun and he finished everything himself. For the main meals, he basically just picked what he liked and ate maybe only 25% of it. Thankfully he was fully carbo loaded in the airport lounge, and also on the breadrolls and the adult meals.

I have some pictures, which I will share later on.

Comment

Looking back at the pictures, I realised that the service of the special meals was somewhat inconsistent.

SQ632 SIN-HND.

Breakfast casserole of egg, sausages - I declined this for my LO as he was well loaded up on the lounge breakfast. Before binning the meal, crew also helped me check what was the refreshment casserole so that I could make an informed decision. Crew didn't offer me the rest of the breakfast sides which should incl juice/yoghurt and milk. (No Pictures)

Refreshment casserole of mashed potato, pureed pumpkin with corn and chicken - crew told me to give them 10 minutes to heat up the meal and that I could have it anytime. The staff eventually presented the meal to me on Biz Class chinaware. Nothing else was available (not surprising since this was a refreshment).

(Pardon the half eaten meal)

Comment

Working...
            X