EU Compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU Compensation

I was recently on a very badly delayed LHR-SIN flight - caused, it seems, by the need for a change of planes on the SIN-LHR flight because the original developed a fault.

It seems to me to be a clear case where SIA has to pay compensation as stipulated in the EU regulations (unexpected technical problems don't come under 'extraordinary circumstances' that allow airlines not to pay), but I'm curious to know if anyone has any experience of SIA's willingness to pay.

Does the airline put up a struggle? And, if so, what are the best strategies for getting the necessary cash?

Thanks.

Since UK is out of EU, does the regulations still applies?

Comment

Originally posted by vinvinz View Post
      UK is still in the EU

Comment

Originally posted by vinvinz View Post
        It won't be leaving the EU until around 2 years or so.

Comment

Update for anyone who's interested: SIA has agreed to pay the necessary EU compensation. Assuming the cheque is processed as has been indicated (3-4 weeks), the entire process from delayed flight to banking the money will be about 2 months. Pretty good.

Comment

Hi
            I was also very badly delayed flying out of LHR to SIN in June
            SIA have just confirmed they will pay the compensation in the form of a cheque and it will take 3 to 5 weeks (not sure how many other people claimed as everyone was given a nice luggage scale upon arrival in SIN )

Comment

Working...
            X