Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scoot to take over SQ's flights to Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
    Scoot can fill seats out of OZ so there are Australians flying Scoot. And iam sure that Europe can work for Scoot.
    Norwegian and Eurowings have started flight from Europe to BKK without PTVs an free meals. There is obviously a market for such flights.
    Not sure about Eurowings but I'm very sure DY long haul has PTV's.
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

14 hours on an LCC, preceded or followed by another 5, 7, 8 or 10 hours for the 80% of MAN pax who head to PER, BNE, MEL, SYD and AKL. That sounds awesome, where can I sign up ?.

The current add-on is operationally and commercially a nightmare for SQ, but I believe that a standalone won't work either.
      Really?. So the MAN route, which has now been operating for over 30 years both as an add-on (like it does now), is 'operationally and commercially a nightmare for SQ' and 'a standalone (which used to be rammed solid in JCL with PPS pax waitlisted for weeks on paid tickets) won't work either' ?. The silly bar stewards, you would have thought an airline as smart as SQ would have worked it out by now...

They may think of:

SIN-ATH-MAN
      SIN-IST-MAN

3 days a week operated by Scoot.
      Yeah, they both sound like great ideas, especially the second one straight through the hub of a major airline who sell tickets dirt cheap and already operate three times a day to MAN.

MAN is struggeling (as well as other destinations), thats to me a clear message from the CAPA report.
      Got a link to the clear part of the report where it provides evidence of this ?.

There 42 seats in Biz, how many of them are occupied all the way to MAN?
      In your presumably worldly experience, how many would you expect on a tag-on ?. And what split would your experience suggest F should be ?.
      Last edited by MAN Flyer; 14 July 2016, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
        Not sure about Eurowings but I'm very sure DY long haul has PTV's.
        Indeed, both have. Sorry for the misleading information.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Really?. So the MAN route, which has now been operating for over 30 years both as an add-on (like it does now), is 'operationally and commercially a nightmare for SQ' and 'a standalone (which used to be rammed solid in JCL with PPS pax waitlisted for weeks on paid tickets) won't work either' ?. The silly bar stewards, you would have thought an airline as smart as SQ would have worked it out by now...?
          How many passengers are flying all the way from SIN to MAN and not terminating in MUC?
          What's the load on the MUC-MAN sectors?
          Why have they decided to add MAN-IAH? Because MAN works as standalone? They are at least uncertain at this stage.

That J is booked solid, doesn't confirm necessarily that MAN is working well, it could also mean that MUC is working well. MUC will receive an A350 standalone, that's confirmed.
          But, yes I agree that SQ has now the chance to pull passengers over from ME3 as the direct connection from SIN to MAN is much more attractive. And, yes I agree there is now potential that MAN can become a standalone destination.

Yeah, they both sound like great ideas, especially the second one straight through the hub of a major airline who sell tickets dirt cheap and already operate three times a day to MAN.
          Note that I added a smiley. But, Scoot has quite some strange routings via TPE.

In your presumably worldly experience, how many would you expect on a tag-on ?. And what split would your experience suggest F should be ?.
          It was relatively easy to find F saver award space on the MUC-SIN vv. when F had 8 seats. The load was 3 or 4 out of 8. Translates today as (almost) fully booked with the 4F configuration. J seen better loads but I found it seldom fully booked. But I'am usually flying mid-week when generally loads are lighter.

Comment

How many passengers are flying all the way from SIN to MAN and not terminating in MUC?
            What's the load on the MUC-MAN sectors?
            I asked you how many you expect it to be on a tag on flight, which is how the route has operated for most of the three decades it has been going, but I see you've ignored that. I am well aware of how many people fly between whichever two points you want to pick on the route as I have been flying it rather regularly for the last decade and a half including when it went via ZRH and even BOM as it has been doing over the last three decades.

Why have they decided to add MAN-IAH? Because MAN works as standalone? They are at least uncertain at this stage.
            You were telling us how it was going to go to be operated by Scoot a few days ago, now you reckon they are adding another destination from MAN. Make your mind up, which rumour is it you believe ?.

That J is booked solid, doesn't confirm necessarily that MAN is working well, it could also mean that MUC is working well.
            If you are going to get involved in this internet malarkey you really do need to pay more attention so you don't completely misread what you are replying to.

MUC will receive an A350 standalone, that's confirmed.
            I've missed that one sorry. Got a link ?

Note that I added a smiley. But, Scoot has quite some strange routings via TPE.
            Not quite as strange as the ones you suggested....

It was relatively easy to find F saver award space on the MUC-SIN vv. when F had 8 seats.
            It was indeed, but then neither destination needs F and they could do away with it altogether, even though probably my last thirty flights on SQ327/8 have been in F.

Translates today as (almost) fully booked with the 4F configuration. J seen better loads but I found it seldom fully booked. But I'am usually flying mid-week when generally loads are lighter.
            I see J ex-SIN and MUC full regularly. F was and still is very hit and miss. The smaller F cabin still isn't filling all the time. As I have said numerous times before, they could and should drop F from both destinations.

Comment

I asked you how many you expect it to be on a tag on flight, which is how the route has operated for most of the three decades it has been going, but I see you've ignored that. I am well aware of how many people fly between whichever two points you want to pick on the route as I have been flying it rather regularly for the last decade and a half including when it went via ZRH and even BOM as it has been doing over the last three decades.
              You want to suggest that the Load of MUC-MAN is an indicator on how (commercially) successful the flight overall is?
              Coming back to my question: How many people from/to SIN are terminating/starting their flight in MUC?
              Seems to me that SQ do try very hard to make it work if they change the routing that often. How long is the current SIN-MAN-MUC operated? Less than 10 years if I remember correctly.

You were telling us how it was going to go to be operated by Scoot a few days ago, now you reckon they are adding another destination from MAN. Make your mind up, which rumour is it you believe.
              You misread me there, I answered on a post speculating possible routings but never suggested that I think that Scoot will operate to/from MAN.
              But what I well did say is that I believe that MAN is not working for SQ with the current tag-on routing and I did say that I believe that MAN doesn't work as a standalone flight.

If you are going to get involved in this internet malarkey you really do need to pay more attention so you don't completely misread what you are replying to.

Not quite as strange as the ones you suggested.
              Not any worse or better.

I see J ex-SIN and MUC full regularly.
              Fair enough. On the other hand my last J-Saver redemption in March out of MUC to SIN was successful. My first choice out of FRA wasn't. I booked about 4 weeks in advance and I had to fly on the exact day.

Comment

The UK CAA stats indicate that loads are consistently in the following range:

MAN-SIN - 55-60%
                MUC-SIN - 45-50%

No indication of how many fly MAN-MUC.

Obviously you would expect a bump on the MAN-SIN sector by going non stop. SQ have been suffering from Emirates and Etihad in particular who offer similar journey times, cheaper prices and more choice of departure time than SQ. Hopefully this starts to turn the tide.

Comment

Tony has met with Norwegian CEO few days ago. Seems that AAX is going to start their Europe flight as soon as they get their A330neo. Can imagine they are going to scoop up a lot of pax on the Kangaroo route if the fare is attractive.
                  http://www.travelpulse.com/news/airl...-alliance.html

Comment

I think TZ really have to start with low frequency into different destination. Just like Norwegian and Eurowings doing only 2 to 4 flights per week to each of their longer haul route. Somemore TZ will have to avoid airports served by SQ so the volume should not be very big. But the good thing is that TZ will be at least 1 year earlier than AAX to start the EU flight. When AAX start serving London and Paris the volume should be much higher and I believe the budget traveler from the pacific would love the low fare (if it is really low enough)

Comment

So Athens it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X