Official : A350 on SIN-SFO & SIN-LAX , Removal of GRU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    They had to send one of the SN* birds elsewhere to LHR, after HKG flight got delayed by 1 hour. But hey at least they're enjoying the new cabin and new Wifi. I will update on SQ32 and SQ12 later this evening (my time).

Side note: SQ also increased the transit time by almost 2 hours. Does LAX have any arrival time cerfew like YYZ in such a way that they can't arrive before a certain earliest time of the day? NRT had a longer transit time cause of the A380 but they could very well shrink it since they're using the 77WR now.
    Nope no curfew http://www.lawa.org/welcome_LAX.aspx?id=11483
    Traveling on sq7/8 this December and looking forward to the trip

Comment

• Alright, SMF is operating SQ32 as expected. 9V-SWM is operating SQ12 to NRT/LAX for its first day of 77WR service. To those who are onboard SQ32, enjoy your trip and take plenty of pictures. I will try to come to SFO tomorrow morning.

Are you sure SFO will do a water canon salute for the inaugural? I live like 20-25 min away and this involves driving on the San Mateo Bridge from Hayward plus paying the toll.

Comment

• The last SQ A380 departure out of LAX operated by 9V-SKP is re-numbered as SQ9, instead of the usual SQ11 to avoid confusion with the 2100 arrival (9V-SWA) on the same day.

Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• A little sad that SQ will no longer be part of the A380 lineup at LAX Tom Bradley Intl Terminal. It's like a gathering of elite businessmen showing off their best and biggest Jags or Bentleys at a country club.

Comment

• Just got off SQ32 this morning!
            Will try to post a trip report soon once I figure out how to post images up!

There wasn't a water cannon salute on arrival, and meal service was excruciatingly slow during the flight. The inflight crew did mention that they were still ironing out the kinks and I'm sure things can only get better!

All in all it was a pleasant flight onboard the 10000th Airbus plane 9V-SMF!

Comment

• Originally posted by speedsterzac View Post
              Just got off SQ32 this morning!
              Will try to post a trip report soon once I figure out how to post images up!

There wasn't a water cannon salute on arrival, and meal service was excruciatingly slow during the flight. The inflight crew did mention that they were still ironing out the kinks and I'm sure things can only get better!

All in all it was a pleasant flight onboard the 10000th Airbus plane 9V-SMF!
              I only woke up now anyway, I knew obviously Sunday mornings we need sleep especially after a rough week. No evidence made me believe no water canon. Guess nothing to be upset about.

Ok so how many meals do you get? 2 or 3? Post pics via flickr or photobucket if you like.

Comment

• I'd love to know the meals served on SQ31!

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                  The last SQ A380 departure out of LAX operated by 9V-SKP is re-numbered as SQ9, instead of the usual SQ11 to avoid confusion with the 2100 arrival (9V-SWA) on the same day.

Which app is this screeenshot of?

Comment

• Onboard SQ 31 now

The app is flightradar24 which is an excellent flight tracking site.

I am onboard SQ 31 from San Francisco to Singapore flight now, and the meal service is extremely slow. I was pleasantly surprised to see what I thought was an "on demand" style menu, but the F/As seem to see it differently. Maybe I have flown the EY/JL/QR before, so I am more familiar with the concept. There are SQ staffs jogging notes with the F/As after the meal service. I will type out the menu later, but the wifi is painfully slow with SQ, despite a higher price than JL. $21.95USD for 24 hours. Not to mention very unstable - going on and off.

The A350 is great and the new J seats are fine. I was able to take a nice four hours plus nap.

The F/As were great and trying very hard, especially it will be a while before they can get it down. I recommend more description on the menu for the passengers too.

Carfield

Comment

• Just posted the menu

I have just posted the menus and wine list over at the SQ J menu thread in the catering forum.

The service was really slow as I mentioned earlier. The new meal concept is definitely interesting, but the crews are simply not familiar with it. I am a bit confused by the menu too. I am sure they tried to do the Qatar, Etihad and JL thing, but not sure if they are able to accomplish it. These crews have done those super long haul flights before, so they sort of did it that way.

First meal was very elaborate with no tray used.
                      You can only get one starter - no starter and soup
                      For dessert, they serve you the mini dessert tray with special chocolates
                      Cheese and fruits are on request

Second meal was served mid-flight
                      You get a starter tray with breads, but not sure if they expect you to order any starter or not.
                      No dessert was offered, but they rolled out the cheese and fruit trolley.
                      There were the typical pralines service after the meal.

Just a brief update - there is no pre-arrival meal. The all-day breakfast is very confusing, as I expect that there is a breakfast service before arrival. So no more full meals after the mid-flight meal. There are light snacks like wraps, but F/As said that I could choose anything from the menu. However many items have run out but there are always noodles and sandwiches. SQ needs to do better in pointing those things out in the menu and perhaps a meal plan is needed.

Carfield
                      Last edited by Carfield; 24 October 2016, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carfield View Post
                        I have just posted the menus and wine list over at the SQ J menu thread in the catering forum.

The service was really slow as I mentioned earlier. The new meal concept is definitely interesting, but the crews are simply not familiar with it. I am a bit confused by the menu too. I am sure they tried to do the Qatar, Etihad and JL thing, but not sure if they are able to accomplish it. These crews have done those super long haul flights before, so they sort of did it that way.

You get a starter tray with breads, but not sure if they expect you to order any starter or not.

Not sure about the final meal, but it might just be the typical breakfast on the sleeper service. I will report back!

Carfield
                        Do you have access to Economy class menu? Very curious what they offer for that flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
                          Do you have access to Economy class menu? Very curious what they offer for that flight.
                          I certainly am too. I booked SQ31 in the excitement of the new flight which will be a departure from my usual "through the night" pattern heading west to Europe. I realised soon after (having never flown over the dateline) that this is a very, very long day flight that essentially tracks the sun, which I'm then tagging on an overnighter to MEL with SQ237. I'm hoping they will keep me well fed throughout this very long day! The things I do to myself to always fly SQ...

Comment

• Basically this is a flight where I think you should do a "Book the Cook" to ensure you get a meal which you want, as most of the meal choices had run out by the time they came round to me.

I was seated in the smaller business cabin from rows 19 onwards onboard SQ32.
                            The tomato soup (last choice of appetizer left) was really salty!

Comment

• I wonder as LAX is located on the West Coast of USA, why A350-900 can do direct non-stop to SFO but not LAX?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carfield View Post

Just a brief update - there is no pre-arrival meal. The all-day breakfast is very confusing, as I expect that there is a breakfast service before arrival. So no more full meals after the mid-flight meal. There are light snacks like wraps, but F/As said that I could choose anything from the menu. However many items have run out but there are always noodles and sandwiches. SQ needs to do better in pointing those things out in the menu and perhaps a meal plan is needed.

Carfield

WHAT!!!! Are you serious? Only 2 meals? I told my mom this, and even in our manage my booking on SQ's website, even SQ31 only has 2 meals available to choose from. My mom is shocked, but knows there should be some snacks in the galley.

Thank goodness I didn't book myself or my dad on SQ31/32. For someone, who's a diabetic (But has a regular Indian vegetarian meal), the nonstop flight would probably not do well for my father at all. My mom is thankful that me and my dad got SQ1/2 this Winter. 1 stop is still better to stretch out, get a coffee and such. I will try the 350 when I become Gold or ever get an opportunity to fly J or S.

Comment

Working...
                                X