No announcement yet.

SQ 773 (non-er) birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure how sq refit the 773/772. Some said it is the whole cabin (2006 products), some said it is just the IFE.

I just got off 9v-SRM, and the IFE system is newer though still using the old screen.

Comment

9V-SRM has the refurbished seats, so the seat covers has been changed to a beige scheme, while the IFE has been slightly upgraded to AVOD.

However, on the other hand, some 773s are undergoing full refit of economy class to the 2006 Y that is currently on the 77Ws.

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
        9V-SRM has the refurbished seats, so the seat covers has been changed to a beige scheme, while the IFE has been slightly upgraded to AVOD.

However, on the other hand, some 773s are undergoing full refit of economy class to the 2006 Y that is currently on the 77Ws.
        I did not see the seat being refurbished though (if you are talking from the purple seat, then yes, it's been like that for several years).
        Last time I was on SQ 772/773 was April 2016 and even then the IFE was not upgraded yet, so I think it is a rather recent change.
        The map too is now to the standard of 77W (non WR), A380 and A333. Completely different experience despite the seat and screen have not changed. Satisfying.

Comment

They really do need to do something about the IFE of the old 777s. I flew SVM the other evening and even though I've previously been a mild supporter of the old 772ER fleet, the IFE has definitely now passed the use by date. Such a limited choice and such a poor screen quality. The screen size doesn't bother me but the picture quality was shocking, especially during dark scenes of movies. Now I'm facing CPH-SIN-MEL on my return. Might have to resort to a book!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            They really do need to do something about the IFE of the old 777s. I flew SVM the other evening and even though I've previously been a mild supporter of the old 772ER fleet, the IFE has definitely now passed the use by date. Such a limited choice and such a poor screen quality. The screen size doesn't bother me but the picture quality was shocking, especially during dark scenes of movies. Now I'm facing CPH-SIN-MEL on my return. Might have to resort to a book!
            SVM is nothing. The saddest is still the planes with the Ultimo J Seats which I was on recently think it was SRJ (I know it not in this discussion about 773 as this is an old 772 but just wanted to point out that SIA has even 'more classical' planes.

In J you get a 9" IFE that is super blur. The seats, food and service is still great but the technology is sad. Its one of those planes which still have projector in the centre of the plane. When I boarded the plane I thought I was in the 90's - super retro.

Comment

I have to agree with you guys. I was recently on SQ207 for my annual trip to MEL and the equipment swap from A330 to 772ER is terrible. I can see the upgrade in J to flat-bad seats, but the Y and especially the IFE experience don't live up to SQ's reputation. The screen's resolution is embarrassing and the 4:3 format isn't great for viewing new films.

There are rumours going around that 9V-SVG and SVI have been upgraded to ex-77W equipment and more are to come. I don't know if this is true, but it'll be great news as the 772ERs will probably be around for a while longer.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                There are rumours going around that 9V-SVG and SVI have been upgraded to ex-77W equipment and more are to come. I don't know if this is true, but it'll be great news as the 772ERs will probably be around for a while longer.
                You mean 9V-SYH and 9V-SYI? The 772ERs have not been refitted IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                  I have to agree with you guys. I was recently on SQ207 for my annual trip to MEL and the equipment swap from A330 to 772ER is terrible. I can see the upgrade in J to flat-bad seats, but the Y and especially the IFE experience don't live up to SQ's reputation. The screen's resolution is embarrassing and the 4:3 format isn't great for viewing new films.

SVG and SVI did both spend a bit of time out of service recently but not long enough I think for something as major as that. SVI is within the realms of possibility- forming a little fleet of SVI, J, L, M, N with ER capability while offering a better product. I can't see them hanging on to SVG or the older ones long enough to warrant any upgrade though. SVA-H were the ones leased out to Royal Brunei, and SVG in particular was the last one to come back which they actually refitted.

SYD has done well out of this deal if the remaining 773s are upgraded. It got the 773 off MEL and gave us its old 772.

A question to those who know 777s well- would a set of 77W Y seats fit into a 772 as easily as they seem to have into a 773?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    A question to those who know 777s well- would a set of 77W Y seats fit into a 772 as easily as they seem to have into a 773?
                    Should be fine as the width of the cabin is the same. They simply just fit less rows than the 77W

Comment

Hi... So far anymore 773 refitted with 2006 products?

Comment

Originally posted by gjkel View Post
                        Hi... So far anymore 773 refitted with 2006 products?
                        I've been monitoring the other ones now and then, but at this stage none of them have been grounded long enough for a refit so it's just SYH and SYI. A refit may be occurring on an SV-series 772, but we can't be sure yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X