Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ 773 (non-er) birds

Understood that they have 6 such planes in their fleet,

While trying to book my flight to Cgk, notices the seat maps says the plane is 777-300 refitted and ife is the 10.6 inch ptv. ( which I believe are the ones similar with the 330s).

Have they fixed the better screens on all these 773?

2 have the 2006 Y seats and the 2006 IFE.

The others have the really old IFE with larger 4:3 screen. They will be refitted with the 2006 stuff.

Comment

So looks like the refit has been made possible as they are recycling seats from B777-300ERs?

Can I ask which 2 B777-300s has been refitted?

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
        So looks like the refit has been made possible as they are recycling seats from B777-300ERs?

Can I ask which 2 B777-300s has been refitted?
        Based on the SQ Fleet thread it's SYH and SYI.

Comment

Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
          Based on the SQ Fleet thread it's SYH and SYI.
          Correct, they are the two we have positive IDs on and have spent time on the ground.

Also important to note that 6 is to reduce to 5 over the coming months. One of the remaining is leased and will be returned to the lessor as was the case with SYK. Clearly SYH and SYI are ruled out. It could be SYF,G or J, but my money is on SYL.

Comment

Notice that every 777-300 birds to Jakarta are 10.6 inch screen IFE. How is that possible

Comment

Originally posted by sqzulu View Post
              Notice that every 777-300 birds to Jakarta are 10.6 inch screen IFE. How is that possible
              I'm not sure I understand what you mean exactly. The refitted 773 that have not bein refitted again with old 77W seats- they have screens that are fairly similar in size from memory (been 3 years since I've flown in one).

The big difference is the actual IFE server unit itself. The older system looks similar in its style but it has only about 40% of the content compared with the newer IFE systems.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                I'm not sure I understand what you mean exactly. The refitted 773 that have not bein refitted again with old 77W seats- they have screens that are fairly similar in size from memory (been 3 years since I've flown in one).

The big difference is the actual IFE server unit itself. The older system looks similar in its style but it has only about 40% of the content compared with the newer IFE systems.
                From what I understand, the refitted 773s were using screen Similar to the sr/sq refitted series. But as confirmed above there are now 2 773 planes using the screens similar with the a330 birds

Comment

I have been on SYI. The IFE content in Y is similar to the one you will get on the 333 and 77W.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                    I have been on SYI. The IFE content in Y is similar to the one you will get on the 333 and 77W.
                    It must be one that was salvaged off one of the refitted 77Ws. We believe SYH now has the same, and it is likely 3 more of the 773 fleet will be refitted, while the other will depart.

I'm hoping if they plan on keeping the 772 fleet flying routes longer than 5 hours or so that they might get the same treatment. Ultimately upgrading 777s with refit hand-me-downs will enhance the customer experience and reduce the workload of their media department who would currently have to prepare content for three different systems.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      It must be one that was salvaged off one of the refitted 77Ws. We believe SYH now has the same, and it is likely 3 more of the 773 fleet will be refitted, while the other will depart.

I'm hoping if they plan on keeping the 772 fleet flying routes longer than 5 hours or so that they might get the same treatment. Ultimately upgrading 777s with refit hand-me-downs will enhance the customer experience and reduce the workload of their media department who would currently have to prepare content for three different systems.
                      I doubt the 772's will get this. There isn't enough parts to do them all.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                        I'm not imagining it would be many- I'm thinking more along the lines of a few of the younger SV* series which they might use on routes like MEL, BNE, PER, CHC etc. I've got three 7+ hour flights on these craft in the next month and I'm really not looking forward to the old IFE and its handset.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                          Actually with the a330 being returned slowly there could be an increased in the inventory but not too sure if SIA will spend $$$ to refit the old 772s as their X1 systems are really outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
                            Actually with the a330 being returned slowly there could be an increased in the inventory but not too sure if SIA will spend $$$ to refit the old 772s as their X1 systems are really outdated.
                            It actually needs to be from the 77Ws being refitted I'm fairly sure.

The entire sets of seats from the 77W along with their handsets are reappropriated so that the handset and cabling inside the seat unit is compatible with the central server unit. A330 seats cannot repurposed for a B777 unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
                              The A330 kit cannot be used in the 777's.

Comment

Working...
                              X