A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
    Things have been moving faster than expected since my last update 2 days ago. In fact I missed some information. It is now highly likely that there will be 9 A350s in the SQ Fleet at the end of 2016.

SQ A350 Delivery Update as of 28 September.

9V-SMF (#6): Currently undergoing flight testing. She should be delivered in 3-5 weeks’ time keeping to the original before end of October delivery
    9V-SMG (#7): Currently undergoing cabin fit. An early October rollout could mean an end November or early December delivery.
    9V-SMH (#8): Out of the Paint Hanger and waiting to move into cabin fit. She should have her first flight at the end of November and be delivered in December.
    9V-SMI (#9): Out of the Paint Hanger and waiting to move into cabin fit. If she enters cabin fit in October, she could make it to an end December delivery.
    9V-SMJ (#10): Fully assembled and undergoing rework. Delivery in the first quarter of 2017 appears likely.
    9V-SMK (#11): Fully assembled and undergoing outdoor ground testing. Delivery in the first quarter of 2017 appears a possibility.
    Really excited to see where they start heading to. CPT/JNB only needs one in order to go daily. DME only needs one as its 4 days are the direct compliment of DUS. MUC needs a pair. MXP/BCN is complicated, as is CPH with 6 and 5 flights respectively. IST is currently way out of the running I suspect. What we do know is that SQ likes simplicity and neatness with long haul destinations- half/half is usually only a very temporary situation in assigning plane types.

Comment

Another impressive photo of 9V-SMF during her first flight.

Excellent pics, SQKevin! Did you shoot them yourself?

Comment

• Truly amazing pictures SQKevin

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          Excellent pics, SQKevin! Did you shoot them yourself?
          Unfortunately I'm not the photographer. Just sharing some great photos from the unofficial A350 production site. Credits to the photographer, Rami Khanna-Prade. https://www.flickr.com/photos/ramis-photos/

Comment

• We are very close to a little over 2 weeks until the new nonstop SFO service SQ32/31 commence. By chance, out of curiosity, is anyone going to take the inaugural flight? And I know it will arrive on Sunday morning, the issue is I would love to take a 25 min drive from Hayward (Where I live) to SFO to see if there is a water canon salute for the new A350 coming to SFO, but the problem is I probably won't wake up til 11am or noon, but I hope there will be pictures/video. And those who do intend to take the inaugural, take plenty of pictures, videos, etc.

Also, if any of you are traveling in November/December on SQ31, I am sure for one, the headwinds will be extremely strong in the Pacific leading to a flight time of almost 18.5 or so hours. If any of you are traveling SQ31 between November and December, please let us know. I would love to get an idea of how it is like before my mom takes this flight in December (3 days before I go). She still wishes she took SQ1 had it not been $300 more.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              Really excited to see where they start heading to. CPT/JNB only needs one in order to go daily. DME only needs one as its 4 days are the direct compliment of DUS. MUC needs a pair. MXP/BCN is complicated, as is CPH with 6 and 5 flights respectively. IST is currently way out of the running I suspect. What we do know is that SQ likes simplicity and neatness with long haul destinations- half/half is usually only a very temporary situation in assigning plane types.

Remember, DME is only getting the A350 in March, still plenty of time. MUC does, but surprisingly dummy booking states 77WR.

Comment

• Heard rumours on the interweb that 9V-SMF will be the 10000th Airbus delivered. If that is true, then a great celebration for SQ and Airbus would be due.

Comment

• 9V-SMF has been moved to the Delivery Centre in preparation for its CAF.

Based on the link below, it is scheduled to be delivered next week and will operate the inaugural flight to SFO.

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/10/pick...ingapore-a350/

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    We are very close to a little over 2 weeks until the new nonstop SFO service SQ32/31 commence. By chance, out of curiosity, is anyone going to take the inaugural flight? And I know it will arrive on Sunday morning, the issue is I would love to take a 25 min drive from Hayward (Where I live) to SFO to see if there is a water canon salute for the new A350 coming to SFO, but the problem is I probably won't wake up til 11am or noon, but I hope there will be pictures/video. And those who do intend to take the inaugural, take plenty of pictures, videos, etc.
                    On SQTalk, Carfield is one who might do this, as he as several TRs of inaugural flights here.

Also, if any of you are traveling in November/December on SQ31, I am sure for one, the headwinds will be extremely strong in the Pacific leading to a flight time of almost 18.5 or so hours. If any of you are traveling SQ31 between November and December, please let us know. I would love to get an idea of how it is like before my mom takes this flight in December (3 days before I go). She still wishes she took SQ1 had it not been $300 more.
                    I am taking both SQ32 in November, and SQ31 in December. Found very good deals for them, and these flights are evidently already very popular, as Seatguru shows that they are near 100% full. Not very surprised, and personally I love the arrival time at SFO. Allows so many connections to be made for domestic US flights.

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                    Heard rumours on the interweb that 9V-SMF will be the 10000th Airbus delivered. If that is true, then a great celebration for SQ and Airbus would be due.
                    If so, having a "10000th Airbus" decal on the aircraft would be a nice touch, similar to how former 9V-SMU had the "1000th 747" decal.
                    Last edited by SQGamespeed; 8 October 2016, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                      On SQTalk, Carfield is one who might do this, as he as several TRs of inaugural flights here.

I am taking both SQ32 in November, and SQ31 in December. Found very good deals for them, and these flights are evidently already, as Seatguru shows that they are near 100% full. Not very surprised, and personally I love the arrival time at SFO. Allows so many connections to be made for domestic US flights.

If so, having a "10000th Airbus" decal on the aircraft would be a nice touch, similar to how former 9V-SMU had the "1000th 747" decal.
                      Awesome. Take plenty of pics if you can. And videos too. Happy to know they will deploy the latest reg on the route. I somehow saw that happening usually never expecting it to happen to a SFO route.

Comment

• I will be onboard the inaugural SQ31 flight, October 23rd, 2016.

Comment

• Wow, the 10,000th! Hopefully Singapore Airlines and 9V-SMF gets the honour with a special scheme
                          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Hello everyone, JFYI I've Just checked in for a flight ex DAC, and enquired if it will be getting any equipment change any time soon. The check in staff said the A359 might be deployed for SQ446 / 447 from mid 2017. If indeed true probably by then a few of the mid-range configuration A359s should be delivered.

Comment

• 9V-SMF will be the 10,000th Airbus aircraft to be delivered in the World. Still waiting to see if she will have the '10,000th Airbus' decal. She will fly home on her Delivery Flight on Friday 14 October.

Comment

Still waiting to see if she will have the '10,000th Airbus' decal.

https://twitter.com/Airbus/status/785038393990348800

Comment

Working...
                                X