Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines moves forward A350 Melbourne service to mid-August 2016

Singapore Airlines moves forward A350 Melbourne service to mid-August 2016

Singapore Airlines in last week’s schedule update is moving forward planned Airbus A350-900XWB service debut on Singapore – Melbourne route, previously scheduled to operate from 01SEP16 to 22OCT16. Latest update shows the A350 will begin Melbourne service this Wednesday, 10AUG16. Planned schedule as follow.

SQ207 SIN0745 – 1710MEL 359 D
    SQ208 MEL1825 – 0015+1SIN 359 D
    Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

• If FR24 is correct and as per the airlineroute update. 9V-SME is onroute to MEL as SQ207.

Comment

• Originally posted by krispykreme View Post
        Monday. 12/26

SQ website also has removed A359. Flight route is show 772 for rest of the year from 10/31.
        I had suspected this. I knew JNB would be the first destination to be sacrificed if it came to that. So as the SFO flight is introduced and the MAN/MUC split commences, JNB will revert to the awful old 772s it seems.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been dumped back into the 772 after booking an A350.

Shows how little we still really know about all the changes about to happen just over 2 months from now...

Comment

• Snuck out of office early for 5 min drive to end of RWY 34 just in time to catch it on the final approach for the first SQ A350 to MEL

DSC_1662 by Peter C, on Flickr

DSC_1663 by Peter C, on Flickr

DSC_1670 by Peter C, on Flickr

Comment

• Love the wings on the a350

Comment

• Originally posted by krispykreme View Post
              Monday. 12/26

SQ website also has removed A359. Flight route is show 772 for rest of the year from 10/31.
              26 Dec SQ 478 still shows as A359 on SIA website

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
                26 Dec SQ 478 still shows as A359 on SIA website
                It showed up again couple days after I made this post. For couple days it showed refurbished 772 on outbound and 77W inbound.

Who knows for sure

Comment

• 9V-SMG has just emerged from the Paint Hanger.

Comment

• A350 Delivery Update

9V-SMF: Painted and currently undergoing cabin fit. If she is rolled out this month, an end October delivery is possible.
                    9V-SMG: Just out of the Paint Hanger and should move to cabin fit & engine installation later this month. An end October rollout could mean an end November delivery.
                    9V-SMH: Just entered the Paint Hanger and will be out before the end of October to move into cabin fit. She is likely to be delivered in December.
                    9V-SMI: It's next stage of production will be the Paint Hanger, which could be later this month. An end December or early January 2017 delivery is possible.

If my predictions are correct, there will be 8-9 A350s in the SQ fleet at the end of 2016.

Comment

• Will the regional A359s have de-rated engines or any other differences other than the configuration/seats? I've been trying to find out more about the regional A350s, but I can't seem to find much info. Also excited to see the new regional J class, as the current one is starting to show its age. I'm guessing Y would be the same as the one on the current long-haul A350s?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                        Will the regional A359s have de-rated engines or any other differences other than the configuration/seats? I've been trying to find out more about the regional A350s, but I can't seem to find much info. Also excited to see the new regional J class, as the current one is starting to show its age. I'm guessing Y would be the same as the one on the current long-haul A350s?
                        I believe they will be using Thales in flight entertainment.

Comment

• I just selected my seat on SQ891, a350 for 14 sept. Apparently the seats in premium economy can be selected by economy passengers too? I took 32A.
                          From what I know PE seats aren't sold on SQ891. So does that mean that economy pax get to sit in the PE seats albeit without the Pe service?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                            Will the regional A359s have de-rated engines or any other differences other than the configuration/seats? I've been trying to find out more about the regional A350s, but I can't seem to find much info. Also excited to see the new regional J class, as the current one is starting to show its age. I'm guessing Y would be the same as the one on the current long-haul A350s?
                            That would be neat if the seats were like that as they were on the 2006 77W and A333 for Y, J would probably be different but we'll wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post

Disgusting

Air Canada tried Thales and it never worked properly on their 777 fleet

SQ will regret moving away from Panasonic

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                                As I said a few times months ago, the Thales IFE, according to some YT videos looks average to me, if they use whatever they use on the 359XWB and the 77WR and 77WN, that's a good thing (Kind of like how they put the same 2D maps on the A333s and 2006 77W products too).

Comment

Working...
                                X