SQ PE - Now officially launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
    This fare bucket will be very popular for many businessmen who is not entitled to J travel.

Prices to Europe are too high. I would be looking into J class with MH, VN, AI, and 9W instead.

I tried to book Y+ SGN-SIN-FRA, looks like not possible. Either fare bucket is not possible, or it's the stupid website not allowing mixed class booking. Such a pity. Ex-SIN prices are too exorbitant to make any sense for me.
    Same feeling here. If permitted to be booked by company travel policy than PEY would be a welcome improvement for travelers usually relegated to the Eco cabin. As most of the time they book 'E' fares anyways the price difference is worth it, e.g. on those overnight India routes you mention. HKG I would also use if difference stays around 100$ or less to flexi saver (E).

What I can see though is some firms removing Biz eligibility for folks that are at the bottom of the J entitlement hierarchy and relegating them to PEY on long-hauls etc. You know the penny pinchers will be happy to pay 3K S$ instead of 7-8K S$ where they can get away with it. To be seen.

On the ability to book PEY out of SGN I would argue that the website still can handle it as SGN-SIN does not offer PEY. Of course you may say it should allow the fare selection anyways and just indicate that you will be in Eco on SGN-SIN, but you are expecting a whole lot here that hasn't been working since this "new" website was launched eons ago

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      While reserving judgement until I see it installed on an aircraft, it looks pretty decent to be honest. It certainly looks as good as CX's 'regional' JCL product.
      Actually, because it has a proper leg rest on every seat (not just first row) I would venture ahead and say that for my personal taste the hard product is even better than what CX or LH offer.

Now of course the seat looks mightily slim so until I have had my "bum" in one for a few hours I won't claim it to be comfortable. Also I feel it could have been a tad wider though I shall still fit even after "makan binges" in CGK .

Comment

And to make it three posts ... (not trying to bump my post count) when accessing the site using Chrome on a tablet (yes admittedly both are Windows 8.1 ones) the website did load but indicated that one had to rotate the screen to match the icon meaning you had to turn it into landscape mode with the button / bezel on the right side.

Well we turned it 90 degrees 4 times and it did not like any way we were holding it and did not load the page so we gave up. it worked in IE11 though on the same machine.

Ohh and at least when we viewed the presentation clicking through the different screens the text and line from explaining the reading light feature stayed on the subsequent pages and never went away after that till the end of the 'slide show'. What a great testing they do when they roll out something website related.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          Of all the important questions going through my mind I think this tops the list:

What color will the BPs be?

My bet's still on green!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            My bet's still on green!
            Looking at the way they are Placing the product as a true Y+ rather than J-, I think it will be a shade of green.

May be yellow green?

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
              Looking at the way they are Placing the product as a true Y+ rather than J-, I think it will be a shade of green.

May be yellow green?
              Perhaps aqua/turquoise. But I still think ultimately it'll more likely be bog standard green, creativity recently hasn't been their strongest point.

Comment

Green with a hint of gold - A Class Beyond Economy.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                  Imagine if the golden goose logo had a jade green background.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                    That's what they used to have (maybe they have a warehouse full of them still, somewhere). Then they decided one day to drop the gold bit...

Comment

Dug out the 'executive economy' BP from the A345 days...

It was dark blue with dull orange words....

Comment

That's what they used to have (maybe they have a warehouse full of them still, somewhere). Then they decided one day to drop the gold bit...
                        I wonder if this was done at the same time as the elimination of aircraft names and the renaming of Raffles Class to Business.

Comment

My bet's still on green!
                          Probably Grey actually, having seen the website... or like a dark grey/green.

Comment

Grayscale is good, costs less than printing in colour

Comment

Grayscale is good, costs less than printing in colour
                              You guys might be right - at the fare selection stage of the booking process, the "Economy" header is on a dark green background similar to the current BP while PY is on a darkish grey background.

Comment

Not the only launch this week with a mass of dull grey chintzed-up with a silly strip of red...

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...5/1/16782.html

Comment

Working...
                                X