Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Interestingly...

No idea why they wouldn't want to let people paying more money upgrade themselves into J.
    Rather odd policy there. I hope they will have more details about this.

I do like that BTC and champagne will be available but while the seat itself seems decent the colour just doesn't seem right.

Let's see if the redemption rates turn out to be worthwhile.
    Last edited by SQGamespeed; 3 February 2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

They're serving Champagne in PY. And yes, its 110% earning rate.

http://www.singaporeair.com/LMD-EDM/..._static_2.html

http://siapremiumeconomy.com/

Comment

Not sure if you guys noticed this. Upon closer inspection of the photos, the extension on the legrest is only the width of the double extended leg rest. The two sides (with the power outlet and on other side of the metal extension) remain stationary.

Comment

I really like the look of the seats - it has a fresh modern-look, rather than classy. Let's hope that the redemption will be around Y+10-15%, it'll be great for long haul holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            I really like the look of the seats - it has a fresh modern-look, rather than classy. Let's hope that the redemption will be around Y+10-15%, it'll be great for long haul holidays.
            Me thinks this is an excuse for them to "enhance" the J and F rates.

Comment

Site says there is 35kg baggage allowance, I gather this is a typo as J is only 30kg.

Comment

I guess the Krisflyer implications (upgrades still allowed from Y to J? more expensive awards in F/J?) will be revealed shortly too. Hope not too much of a change.

ICN-Australia seems to be the sweet spot, ~USD1300+tax in P class (although more expensive than MH J during their promo). Europe is priced too close to others' lowest J fares. Might be useful for the busier periods, and I anticipate lots of op-ups as they struggle to fill the W cabin initially.

Originally posted by Sethor View Post
                Site says there is 35kg baggage allowance, I gather this is a typo as J is only 30kg.
                But J allowance is 40kg?

Comment

I am confused... how does this PE cabin connect with aircraft retrofit and/or new aircrafts deliveries ?
                  I just checked my December flight to Paris, PE is available and it's a A380... I would assume they will not only install the PE seats and leave the current Y J and F seats unchanged, so the whole aircraft will be retrofitted ? Or a newly delivered ?

Comment

The pricing is a pleasant surprise - was expecting a larger premium over (already ambitiously-priced) regular Y. Won't be surprised if prices creep up over time though.

There's plenty of chatter on some other sites on whether regular Y will go to 3-4-3 on the 777s, like on several other carriers. Hopefully not, especially with the 77WN products still being pretty recent, but I guess at the end of the day, it's for the bean counters to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Durian View Post
                      I am confused... how does this PE cabin connect with aircraft retrofit and/or new aircrafts deliveries ?
                      I just checked my December flight to Paris, PE is available and it's a A380... I would assume they will not only install the PE seats and leave the current Y J and F seats unchanged, so the whole aircraft will be retrofitted ? Or a newly delivered ?
                      They will be retrofitting existing 77W's and A380's. In the A380, they are removing 66 seats from just behind Suites. In the 77W, they are removing 4 FCL seats, several YCL seats, and adding 4 JCL seats and the PEY seats. All retrofit, any installed on new A350 deliveries. 5 new A380's will be delivered in 2018, but they will feature completely new Economy, Business and Suites (and PEY I guess).
                      Fly well,
                      Travel safe,
                      And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Originally posted by inkoherent View Post
                        The pricing is a pleasant surprise - was expecting a larger premium over (already ambitiously-priced) regular Y. Won't be surprised if prices creep up over time though.

There's plenty of chatter on some other sites on whether regular Y will go to 3-4-3 on the 777s, like on several other carriers. Hopefully not, especially with the 77WN products still being pretty recent, but I guess at the end of the day, it's for the bean counters to decide.
                        The price premium suggests to me that they are targetting Y passengers trading up rather than J passengers trading down. That *might* be the reason that the images, video and microsite do not have that classy, premium feel, but more of a fun vibe.

The seat maps have been released so it looks like SQ is sticking with 3-3-3 in Y on their 777s. The real mystery is, if SQ orders the 777X, whether Y would go 3-4-3.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
                          5 new A380's will be delivered in 2018, but they will feature completely new Economy, Business and Suites (and PEY I guess).
                          2018 seems a little soon for new Y and J seats to replace products launched in 2013.

Looking at the PEY routes announced thus far, I wonder if the 77W routes without PEY (SIN-HKG-SFO, SIN-BCN-GRU etc) are slated to go A350 in 2016...

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                            ICN-Australia seems to be the sweet spot, ~USD1300+tax in P class (although more expensive than MH J during their promo). Europe is priced too close to others' lowest J fares. Might be useful for the busier periods, and I anticipate lots of op-ups as they struggle to fill the W cabin initially.
                            Agree on the Europe prices. At least at this point they look too hefty for my taste. I looked at FRA and while discount Y (Super Deals) is 1,250 SGD the PEY fare is 3,150 SGD. While 10-15% above normal Eco may not sound like a lot it is an extra 10-15% on top of SQ's already ridiculous Y fares (full fare Y bucket).

Admittedly, normal Sweet deals already bump the price up to 2,150 SGD (for 50% mileage), but still a 1K top-up. A bit rich.

As mentioned, the PEY price is borderline entry level J fares on other carriers so I won't be rushing to book PEY just yet. They likely will launch more palatable promo fares later on, at least I'm hoping.

Even LH has PEY fares that are below their full fare Y which is what SQ needs too. The seat looks decent and I do like the leg rest for every seat and service concept looks good, but a few hundred $$$ less would make this more attractive. Otherwise I can stick to flying J via other means as cost is similar

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                              But J allowance is 40kg?
                              My bad, I forgot SQ revised their baggage allowance.

Comment

Originally posted by bent View Post
                                but if u compare with promo fares to SYD ex-SIN at $688, it is more than double the price..
                                Well, I would are say that PE are targeted at Biz Flyers who would be buying higher fare SQ tickets anyhow.
                                Life's A Bitch,
                                Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Working...
                                X