No announcement yet.

SQ PE - Now officially launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I travelled PE for the first time this past Sunday SIN-FRA on SQ326, I paid ~A$450 for this sector, as someone who has previously only traveled Y long haul I was glad I spent the extra money, the extra space, more comfortable seat and nice IFE screen were great for the long flight. I'll post a trip report eventually.

Comment

• I have noticed that the price gap between Y and S class narrows as Y class becomes more and more filled up.

I booked SYD-HKG return on SQ and just noticed the difference between Y-Y return and Y-S return is only A$20!

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
        I have noticed that the price gap between Y and S class narrows as Y class becomes more and more filled up.

I booked SYD-HKG return on SQ and just noticed the difference between Y-Y return and Y-S return is only A$20!
        According to my flight on SQ890 on 13 June, there is no difference between Y flexi and PE (T fare)...

Comment

• Never used PE so far, but SQ offered several upgrades to S for a 400€ flat fee in the past. For my last flight in January, I found the regular add-on for S compared to Y too high for what you get. And they didn't even allow upgrades from S to J at that time.

Comment

• I really wonder if it's even worth bringing this thread back. We believe PEY is dead but somehow SQ's refitting planes with it to attempt to keep it alive. I wonder how's the A350 PEY cabin doing too?

Comment

• 9V-SNB flew to MEL and back as 217/218 yesterday. I think this is slowly becoming a bit regular at some points of the month on different routes, sub from 77W to 77WR. I wonder if this will be a sign of things to eventually come once MEL goes A380 permanently after Oct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Bhoy View Post
                According to my flight on SQ890 on 13 June, there is no difference between Y flexi and PE (T fare)...
                Don't know if im slow in this reply, but anyway SQ has been filling the PE cabin on SQ890/891 with economy passengers. Ive been on SQ891 twice and sat in 31A twice. It's not considered an upgrade. I could even select a seat from the PE cabin pre-flight. The PE seats are simply used as standard economy.

What's happening such that they aren't even selling their PE seats on this flight?? Is it because of unpredictability in availability of their 359s to fulfill the schedule (in case they need to swap to a 772 or something)? Or is it because demand for PE really is dead.

And anyway, as a tall person (1.8m in height)..i can safely say that the seat ergonomics don't fit me. Furthermore, the seat width doesn't seem any better than what i've been getting on the 772Rs. Legroom isn't fantastic either. I'm honestly not sure where the value is in flying PE on a short sector like SIN-HKG.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                  What's happening such that they aren't even selling their PE seats on this flight?? Is it because of unpredictability in availability of their 359s to fulfill the schedule (in case they need to swap to a 772 or something)?
                  I think that's exactly the reason. They are really only on CGK flights for crew training and to give them something to do while the new craft wait around for their real assignments to commence, e.g. SFO direct flights starting. They also have a lot of ground time during the day between their long hauls that are all overnighters.

They'd rather offer Y passengers a free trial of PEY than have to deal with 24 disgruntled PEY passengers when they need to switch to an old 772 at short notice I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    I think that's exactly the reason. They are really only on CGK flights for crew training and to give them something to do while the new craft wait around for their real assignments to commence, e.g. SFO direct flights starting. They also have a lot of ground time during the day between their long hauls that are all overnighters.

They'd rather offer Y passengers a free trial of PEY than have to deal with 24 disgruntled PEY passengers when they need to switch to an old 772 at short notice I guess.
                    Do you think this could happen on more European flights like MXP (Sometimes that gets ad hoc sub to 77WN, and one case 77WR (SNB)) and maybe MAN/IAH? Overbook Y and give pax a free trial of this....More likely it could be for European routes but more likely not US routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Do you think this could happen on more European flights like MXP (Sometimes that gets ad hoc sub to 77WN, and one case 77WR (SNB)) and maybe MAN/IAH? Overbook Y and give pax a free trial of this....More likely it could be for European routes but more likely not US routes.
                      It could, but definitely not in the same way as this current situation with CGK and the ad hoc A359s.

Regular Y ticket holders wouldn't get to freely select PEY seats like with CGK. SQ would decide who they wanted to upgrade, just as when they overbook Y and upgrade passengers to J. They will only upgrade as many passengers as they have overbooked in order to protect their revenue streams and product prestige.

Comment

• I'm not sure why this thread has been dead. We thought SQ has decided to stop refits for a reason. But with SWB back as 77WR, I can't see it being dead because there's one extra craft that has lately done long and short haul routes now.

SWE is almost reaching its 5th week of not flying. SWT is reaching its 4th. Anyway let's find out what routes they fly when they hatch.

Personally, I saw this has happened weakly in the middle of the year and they're pushing strong towards the end of the year to promote PEY on many routes.

Comment

• Prior to my recent MEL-SIN flight, I'd only ever been in a PE seat from SIN-HKG and didn't have any real impression given the short 3 hour flight - didn't watch any movies nor even recline the seat! It wasn't a paid PE btw, I was just moved up the front. Same thing for the MEL-SIN flight last week but because it was a 7 hour flight, I watched a couple of movies and reclined the seat all the way back and I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the screen size/resolution and the recline was decent enough for a solid nap. I'm not tall at 182 cm but felt that there was sufficient leg room just so long as I didn't use the calf support. I wouldn't pay for PE but having really experienced it for the first time I think it's a decent product.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                            I'm not sure why this thread has been dead. We thought SQ has decided to stop refits for a reason. But with SWB back as 77WR, I can't see it being dead because there's one extra craft that has lately done long and short haul routes now.

SWE is almost reaching its 5th week of not flying. SWT is reaching its 4th. Anyway let's find out what routes they fly when they hatch.

Personally, I saw this has happened weakly in the middle of the year and they're pushing strong towards the end of the year to promote PEY on many routes.
                            I hope S class will be available on SQ 212 and SQ 242 so that premium passengers like me doesn't need to stuck behind in Economy class again.

Comment

• Anyone had op ups from Y to J on aircraft with S fitted?
                              Fly well,
                              Travel safe,
                              And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
                                Anyone had op ups from Y to J on aircraft with S fitted?
                                Not me but I've had PEY op up to J due to change of equipment - FYI

Comment

Working...
                                X