SQ PE - Now officially launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toralina View Post
    wow thanks! Well, i can't get the folks on the SQ hotline to see this, or change my booking. Any suggestions on how I can do that, or do i just have to wait it out?

thanks
    Inauguration of PEY to South Africa has been postponed. All S inventory in June is deleted; the first PEY flight is now scheduled for 2 July -- and then only every other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
      Inauguration of PEY to South Africa has been postponed. All S inventory in June is deleted; the first PEY flight is now scheduled for 2 July -- and then only every other day.
      Can you confirm if the inventory indicates that the flights will remain 772ER or will be flown with an unrefitted 77W? My assumption would be remaining 772. It looks like the 2 stage introduction of 77W to JNB has been set back a month for the first stage and indefinitely for the second.

Something seems to have occurred to abort PEY installation in SWQ. It's now in Moscow about to head to IAH, so there's not much chance it was magically refitted with super speed.

(And a big thank you for always being on hand to provide us with the good info! )

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        Can you confirm if the inventory indicates that the flights will remain 772ER or will be flown with an unrefitted 77W? My assumption would be remaining 772. It looks like the 2 stage introduction of 77W to JNB has been set back a month for the first stage and indefinitely for the second.

Something seems to have occurred to abort PEY installation in SWQ. It's now in Moscow about to head to IAH, so there's not much chance it was magically refitted with super speed.

(And a big thank you for always being on hand to provide us with the good info! )
        Yeah the fact that SWQ is flying SQ62/61 gives you way more than enough evidence that it is not fitted with the new product as that route NEVER gets a 77WN, only the older longhaul 77W.

Keep a watch for 9V-SWS please, I am under the impression unless it's maintenance, it is our next suspect for 77WR refits. After all, SWS was supposed to go out of service in May if and only if SWQ and SWR were already 77WR by now (Which it isn't).

Comment

It's a mix all of June: Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays -- 772ER;
          Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays: 2006 77W (no F; 42 J). 1 July shows 77W; 2 July shows 77WR..................

Comment

• 9V-SKB has re-entered service as SQ221 to Sydney now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teng0310 View Post
              9V-SKB has re-entered service as SQ221 to Sydney now.
              Does this mean that 9V-SKB has been fitted with PE? How about 9V-SKC?

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                Does this mean that 9V-SKB has been fitted with PE? How about 9V-SKC?
                9V-SKB should be fitted with PE since its plying on PE routes(Sydney, now currently en-route to Mumbai). It took 9V-SKB about 15 weeks to complete installation of PE and heavy maintainance. 9V-SKC is only at 11 weeks and hasn't done any test flight recently, so I guess it would take another month before it goes back to service.

Comment

• Did any of you hear what happened with 9V-SWP on Thursday? It performed SQ16 to ICN, but a rejected take off, which resulted in a burnt tire and stranded passengers for several hours, which meant the plane had to be taken out of service to fix the problem and passengers were put in a hotel.

However, when the plane was fixed, it safely performed SQ16 to SFO, and returned only Saturday night instead of 1AM as SQ9016/9015. Something tells me the plane is on the ground for inspections and there could be swaps to one route or the other, including maybe SQ16/15 if the inspection/maintenance fix takes days (if not weeks).

Comment

• The rejected takeoff was due to a Korean Air A330 that was on the runway.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...16_204226.html

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Did any of you hear what happened with 9V-SWP on Thursday? It performed SQ16 to ICN, but a rejected take off, which resulted in a burnt tire and stranded passengers for several hours, which meant the plane had to be taken out of service to fix the problem and passengers were put in a hotel.

However, when the plane was fixed, it safely performed SQ16 to SFO, and returned only Saturday night instead of 1AM as SQ9016/9015. Something tells me the plane is on the ground for inspections and there could be swaps to one route or the other, including maybe SQ16/15 if the inspection/maintenance fix takes days (if not weeks).
                      Back in service performing SQ328-08 to MUC/MAN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teng0310 View Post
                        9V-SKB should be fitted with PE since its plying on PE routes(Sydney, now currently en-route to Mumbai). It took 9V-SKB about 15 weeks to complete installation of PE and heavy maintainance. 9V-SKC is only at 11 weeks and hasn't done any test flight recently, so I guess it would take another month before it goes back to service.
                        Rather than adding to the A380 PEY fleet, SKB seems to have just replaced SKD which has now stopped flying. Those early A380s have some pretty exceptional maintenace demands. We may recall SKA also disappearing for a similar length of time after it had been fitted early in the PEY rollout.

Comment

• Score yourself a free upgrade to Premium Economy between Singapore and Hong Kong when booking on Flexi Saver between Melbourne and Hong Kong!

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                            Score yourself a free upgrade to Premium Economy between Singapore and Hong Kong when booking on Flexi Saver between Melbourne and Hong Kong!

Well, technically not "free" but if you can afford the extra $3, it's a good deal

Comment

Rather than adding to the A380 PEY fleet, SKB seems to have just replaced SKD which has now stopped flying. Those early A380s have some pretty exceptional maintenace demands. We may recall SKA also disappearing for a similar length of time after it had been fitted early in the PEY rollout.
                              Well I was in an Uber ride this evening and the driver was a designated driver for Airbus engineers flying in from France to work with Singapore Airlines for their MRO work. Apparently, he said that the A380s has "cracks" in its wings, and they were fixing them, though the cracks do not pose an inherent safety risk or compromise to the airworthiness of the aircraft. According to him, each repair takes a month or two at a time, which may explain why the frames have been out for so long.

Might not be the most credible source out there, but hey at least this is an explanation for the downtime.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                                Well I was in an Uber ride this evening and the driver was a designated driver for Airbus engineers flying in from France to work with Singapore Airlines for their MRO work. Apparently, he said that the A380s has "cracks" in its wings, and they were fixing them, though the cracks do not pose an inherent safety risk or compromise to the airworthiness of the aircraft. According to him, each repair takes a month or two at a time, which may explain why the frames have been out for so long.

Might not be the most credible source out there, but hey at least this is an explanation for the downtime.
                                The repairs/fixes are still ongoing?? The cracks were discovered in 2011 in the QF A380 that suffered an engine explosion in Singapore. EASA issued an AD to check for the cracks in early 2012 with cracks discovered in almost all early build A380s.

http://theconversation.com/the-airbu...rspective-5318

Comment

Working...
                                X