SQ PE - Now officially launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone:

9V-SWP has finally hatched. This refit took 8 weeks, longer than the usual 5-6 week refit. Now predictions are telling me SWF is our next likely candidate to get PEY, but I was still assuming it to be SWQ (Next letter in the alphabet) which is performing HND and maybe will undergo a refit after landing in SIN. Time will tell

Now I assume DXB will go daily from March 20, SFO will be daily from Monday! If they start with SWQ, I'll start saying 3 more 77Ws up to SWT and we'll see if they will proceed to SWA or SWU.

Comment

• SWP is beginning its 1st revenue flight with PEY to DXB as 494/5. Possibly its next assignment could be SFO tomorrow if it arrives to SIN with enough prep time (Else it can use a frame out of LHR or MAN or its own frame from SFO/ICN which rarely happens).

As for SWF, I have a hard time telling if it's for sure undergoing PEY refitting. However, someone mentioned there was a mechanical problem weeks back which is why it hasn't been flying since. SWQ is suppose to take its turn but is still flying. I'm not gonna speculate on SWQ because it's hard to know for sure what will happen next and so forth.
      Last edited by SQfanatic; 17 March 2016, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        As for SWF, I have a hard time telling if it's for sure undergoing PEY refitting. However, someone mentioned there was a mechanical problem weeks back which is why it hasn't been flying since. SWQ is suppose to take its turn but is still flying. I'm not gonna speculate on SWQ because it's hard to know for sure what will happen next and so forth.
        SWF went mechanical in MEL on March 7 and missed the March 8 return to SIN; it flew back the next day as SQ218D. However, on the 10th SWF once again flew to MEL and returned on the 11th. So I'm not sure the mechanical problem and SWF's grounding are related, unless they patched up the problem just long enough to do one rotation to MEL and back.

Comment

• What's happens if I don't book the cook in premium economy?

Do I just get standard economy food?

There's one particular flight where I don't like any of the BTC choices.

How's the overhead bin space in premium economy? Does it run out on a full flight or plenty to spare?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
            What's happens if I don't book the cook in premium economy?

How's the overhead bin space in premium economy? Does it run out on a full flight or plenty to spare?
            to be honest i do not see any quality difference between food in economy and premium. Except you have three to choose from. And yes, I do not like the book the cook options ex singapore, but ordered one ex-narita and ex-lhr.

Overhead? Avoid 35A/K. The overhead can't be opened on A388.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
              What's happens if I don't book the cook in premium economy?

i think they have a pretty nice seafood pasta dish ex-SIN

portions are same as EY, but the quality of the dish is better

plus the biggest perk is you are assured of your choice..there is also free flow champagne on board PEY and better quality dessert - haagen daaz ice cream?

Comment

• To anyone who thought SWF was undergoing refitting to PEY (or having some mechanical issue after the MEL incident):

It's back in service as SQ8892 and of course has the old interior and definitely no Wifi. I can tell that based on what a poster mentioned, it was a mechanical problem they had to fix on the ground, and possibly some maintenance). SWQ needs to take its turn soon. Possibly it's delayed because the frame of SWF was not available to do the designated routes and instead had to use SWQ and other frames of course.

Comment

• Going to be travelling solo in Pey in 777. Is it better to sit on aisle on the block of 2 seats, or aisle seat on block of 4?

How's the underseat storage? Any electronic boxes to be aware of? I know on 777 in standard economy, the D seats all have boxes in the foot space, but the G seats don't.

How's the exit row Pey seats? Is there an overhead bin right on top?
                  Last edited by Chucksta; 27 March 2016, 06:26 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• I know on 777 in standard economy, the D seats all have boxes in the foot space, but the G seats don't.
                    Thats not true. The 77W, A330 & A380's do not have the boxes under the seats at all.

Comment

• Is the 77WR scheduled for SIN-AKL? Seems that is taking the place of SQ231/222 for sometime now since AKL is reverting to 77W for Fall/Winter schedule in the Southern Hemisphere. It's good to know the 77WR are being spread out on SQ's network.

Also I figured the night time HND would go 77WN since NRT has downgraded to a 772.

Comment

Is the 77WR scheduled for SIN-AKL? Seems that is taking the place of SQ231/222 for sometime now since AKL is reverting to 77W for Fall/Winter schedule in the Southern Hemisphere. It's good to know the 77WR are being spread out on SQ's network.

Also I figured the night time HND would go 77WN since NRT has downgraded to a 772.
                        SQ285/286 get the 77WR off SQ231/222; SQ636/631 get the 77WN off SQ638/SQ637............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                          SQ285/286 get the 77WR off SQ231/222; SQ636/631 get the 77WN off SQ638/SQ637............
                          Sounds to me that SYD is A380 except for 211/212 that operates the old equipment. On a side note SQ318/319 have SNC with PEY, a rare change from the normal 77W/77WN. I wonder if that is a normal swap or something is dictating S inventory on 318/319 on certain days.

Comment

Sounds to me that SYD is A380 except for 211/212 that operates the old equipment.
                            I don't think there are any plans to upgrade SQ241/2 from a B772ER to an A380 any time soon.

Comment

• SWR is the 77W to be watched. Has been out of service almost a week now. There was a listing for it flying MAN-MUC as a solo sector but given SWP flew all the rest of the SQ328/7 flight it would be safe to assume that it was a data error of some kind.

Comment

• Currently SWR is flying 636/631 and SWQ is still flying as we speak. It looks like as far as the 77WN turn around times go, the turn around time between SQ228 and SQ636 is only 1:10 block time, probably not enough and probably the same between SQ1 and SQ318 (35 min obviously not enough) hence why SQ318 and SQ326 swapped planes.

Sounds to me that either no plane is refitting or it's SWB because that has not been flying since 3/24

Comment

Working...
                                X