• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TR

Another TR on SQ PY:
    http://milelion.com/trip-reports/tri...emium-economy/

Comment

• Where is the bottle of water that was advertised located at the handrest position?

The flight was a breakfast service so I suppose I won't be too fussed about the offering of breakfast.

I still cannot book premium economy on SQ860 (A380-800) after SQ242... can someone please help?

Comment

• 9V-SQM has hatched. Performing SQ 306 - 17th SIN -- LHR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
          9V-SQM has hatched. Performing SQ 306 - 17th SIN -- LHR.
          SQM? This is a 772? They so not fly to LHR? Also they are not scheduled to get PE? Did you mean SWM?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
            9V-SQM has hatched. Performing SQ 306 - 17th SIN -- LHR.
            Great, so we now have 4 PY aircrafts flying (9V-SWJ, 9V-SWK, 9V-SWL and 9V-SWM) and another 1 undergoing refit (9V-SNB).

Any news on how the refits on the A380s are coming along? AFAIK we only have 4 refitted birds for now (9V-SKA, 9V-SKF, 9V-SKH and 9V-SKJ).

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
              and another 1 undergoing refit (9V-SNB).
              If I'm not wrong, 9V-SNB won't be receiving PEY seats. I believe only the original 19 77Ws (SWA-SWT) are due to get PEY cabins.

I wonder why SQ didn't start the refit program with 9V-SWA, the oldest 77W in the fleet. You would think that SQ would start with the oldest planes as they are the most worn out.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                If I'm not wrong, 9V-SNB won't be receiving PEY seats. I believe only the original 19 77Ws (SWA-SWT) are due to get PEY cabins.

I wonder why SQ didn't start the refit program with 9V-SWA, the oldest 77W in the fleet. You would think that SQ would start with the oldest planes as they are the most worn out.
                Read on another thread in this forum and some rumours from Facebook that SNB is getting PY seats? Might explain why it has not entered service since delivery 2 weeks ago.

I also heard from some other members here that they started with SWJ because the refit program conincided with a major airframe check (D check IIRC), so it would make sense to do it together.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                  Read on another thread in this forum and some rumours from Facebook that SNB is getting PY seats? Might explain why it has not entered service since delivery 2 weeks ago.
                  At first I thought people were jumping to conclusions on this one but I really now think that there can't be any other explanation. We've not seen such a long delay of entry into service for some time. Fair enough with the first of a new plane type, like I'm sure 9V-SMA will warrant, but SNB is joining 25 other 77Ws which SQ has been operating for 9 years.

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                  I also heard from some other members here that they started with SWJ because the refit program conincided with a major airframe check (D check IIRC), so it would make sense to do it together.
                  I think that sounds like my theory although maybe others may have backed it up with better evidence. I had noticed a while before the refit began that the first few 77W had been spending a good month or so out of action which some posters confirmed would be for the D-check, so it just made sense that if you're having to do the same with later additions to the fleet when they fall due, that a cabin refit would team up perfectly, otherwise SQ would have two planes grounded for a month instead of one. It's a calculated guess though- I don't have any hard evidence.

1000th post celebration!

Comment

• So it's pretty clear now that SWM took exactly 5 weeks and 5 days to get refitted (Meaning all old seats taken out, and new, placed with PEY as well).

I assume SWN is probably next (after SNB, which is rumored), since N comes after M (Unless they want to take another random 77W reg out of service (e.g. SWS).

If SNB is indeed rumored to get PEY seats, it should take 3.5-4 weeks at the most (The only difference is taking a row of First Class seats out, and some rows of Economy class seats (Not all)).

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      I assume SWN is probably next (after SNB, which is rumored), since N comes after M (Unless they want to take another random 77W reg out of service (e.g. SWS).
                      SWN is as good a guess as any because after doing a full check of all the candidates on flightradar, they're all still flying about. The only craft not to have been used in the last 36 hours appears to be SWA but I'll be wanting to see at least 5 days on the ground for a 77W before I feel at all certain.

Comment

• You're jumping into conclusions too quickly about this. In fact, you know at one point I kept speculating about SWB, just because it was out of service for over a week. We'll just have to wait and see if SWA is really away for not just 5-7 days, more like 2-3 weeks we will find out for sure if it's undergoing PEY installation

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                          You're jumping into conclusions too quickly about this. In fact, you know at one point I kept speculating about SWB, just because it was out of service for over a week. We'll just have to wait and see if SWA is really away for not just 5-7 days, more like 2-3 weeks we will find out for sure if it's undergoing PEY installation
                          Not jumping to any conclusions at all, quite the opposite. To clarify, I am saying that I would want to see a full 5 days on the ground from one of the planes before I would begin to speculate. Speculation isn't declaration and I don't think for a moment that SWA is starting refit any more than SWT. My point was that since no plane has currently spent any significant number of days on the ground, it is at this stage pointless to be using flight records to guess. If forced to pick one then I agree with you- SWN is the favourite, simply because it is the next letter of the alphabet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            Not jumping to any conclusions at all, quite the opposite. To clarify, I am saying that I would want to see a full 5 days on the ground from one of the planes before I would begin to speculate. Speculation isn't declaration and I don't think for a moment that SWA is starting refit any more than SWT. My point was that since no plane has currently spent any significant number of days on the ground, it is at this stage pointless to be using flight records to guess. If forced to pick one then I agree with you- SWN is the favourite, simply because it is the next letter of the alphabet.
                            SWA has performed a recent flight to DXB. I would rather wait at least 4-5 days if it hasn't performed any flight in that timeframe. So SWN is a possible guess of what could go out of service. We'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              Well I don't mean it's my favorite for that reason, I see the pattern. I would have preferred if they had done SWA, or S, E, or T or something random (preferably one that has no Wifi) next. But anyway, according to flightradar24, SWN is definitely next for refits (Hasn't been flying since Sunday (10/18), so it's very safe to assume it's a pattern that they're taking aircraft out by alphabetical order.

Comment

• I'm due to fly on a flight that looks to have premium economy (SQ807, older A380, with economy on the upper deck). It looks to be rows 31 to 35 having 2-4-2 config. However, it seems to me that as a normal economy passenger (B-fare), I'm able to select the last remaining PE seat. Is this supposed to be normal (for anyone just able to select PE seats) then retain them later (I'm within 48 hours of flight at this point of time)? I do not want to risk losing the last selectable aisle seat either. (*G status not inside this booking.) Or will they be asking for a fare top-up after selecting the PE seat?

Comment

Working...
                                X