Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S$40 (£20)/MB!?! No Kidding!?!

Comment

Does anyone know where I can find out which aircraft has OnAir?

I was on SWA to IAH over the weekend and there was none.

Comment

During my flight SQ322, I found it was a rip-off: US$6 for 5MB. The FAs were quite clueless about whether there was WiFi or not even if my devices were able to "sniff" wifi. I used my card to buy credit.

Comment

There's no OnAir on 9V-SWO.

Comment

15mb free wifi on SQ286 today, courtesy of Citibank. Promotion runs till end Jan I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Have you seen the 30mb option? Recently?
              I see the 30 MB option if I attempt to purchase access on my iPad. No 30 MB option when I try to purchase access using my iPhone.

After purchasing 30 MB of access on my iPad, I can then log in on my iPhone and carry over the 30 MB of data I bought.

I assume something similar will work with other tablets, or possibly laptops too.

Also, this is probably old news, but Wi-Fi on the 77WN is provided by T-Mobile. The connection packages are time-based instead of data volume-based. In particular, you can get 24 hours of Internet access for about $25.

Comment

Originally posted by chisquared View Post
                I see the 30 MB option if I attempt to purchase access on my iPad. No 30 MB option when I try to purchase access using my iPhone.

After purchasing 30 MB of access on my iPad, I can then log in on my iPhone and carry over the 30 MB of data I bought.

I assume something similar will work with other tablets, or possibly laptops too.

Also, this is probably old news, but Wi-Fi on the 77WN is provided by T-Mobile. The connection packages are time-based instead of data volume-based. In particular, you can get 24 hours of Internet access for about $25.
                Will try with the iPad next time around.
                Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                15mb free wifi on SQ286 today, courtesy of Citibank. Promotion runs till end Jan I think.
                How is the promo run? Does it require a Citibank credit card number?

Comment

Nope.

Comment

No need for a Citibank credit card. You're just given a small card with a promo code you can use when purchasing your data allowance.

Comment

No, just a voucher code which SQ provides. But it was so painfully slow as to be useless. I gave up after 10 mins.

Comment

They gave out two of the Citibank 15MB vouchers to each of the Suites pax last week on SQ424

Comment

They also gave one out in J on SQ306 about two weeks ago. I requested for a second one, and they were happy to give me one. I believe they also started giving everyone else a second one after I requested for my second voucher.

It was indeed painfully slow, but I needed the Internet access to book my taxi upon arrival, so I stuck with it.

Comment

Painfully Slow OnAir

Flew F MEL-SIN-PEK on Dec 15 - logged on and purchased $29 plan as soon as I could - first site I pulled up was Emirates $1 WiFi plan - called IFS down and showed him - asked him to put in report to upstairs.

Persevered with painfully slow OnAir for an hour or so - again called IFS down and showed him - he said would note in his report - also asked me to send email to feedback.

On arrival in PEK fired off email to OnAir advising my total disenchantment with performance - they refunded fee without question - second time they have done so.

The WiFi speed just totally unacceptable - new ability to send SMS great addition - hell I even received a call mid flight which should not have happened - joys of flying huh?

Oh and they gave me 5 x 15MB vouchers to boot - have given one away - valid til end Jan - free to any Aust based SQer if you can use them.
                            Last edited by Cruiser Elite; 29 December 2014, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Received 2 vouchers on SQ11. Still have one extra. If anybody need it please pm me.

Comment

Currently on an ancient FI 757 from KEF to CPH and was able to buy a flight pass for just 7€, no usage limit. So far the speed has been excellent for emails, news sites and messaging. Have also been sending and receiving photos from friends. This wifi is provided free to J and PE passengers.

I didn't exactly pay a fortune for this flight. I don't think SQ should be charging premium passengers for wifi given what they already paid for their flight.

Comment

Working...
                                X