Preferred seat selection extended to Japan, Taiwan and S.E. Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferred seat selection extended to Japan, Taiwan and S.E. Asia

For a moment when I saw the title of the email, I thought they had finally blocked 11A/K on the 77W's for QPP's / TPP's...

Dear Mr MAN Flyer,

On Singapore Airlines, we endeavour to provide you with a comfortable journey wherever you choose to travel. In Economy Class, you have been able to enjoy the Preferred Seat Selection service which allows you to purchase seats with more legroom. So far, this service has been available only on our medium to long haul flights.

With the inclusion of flights to Taiwan, Japan, and Southeast Asia,
    the Preferred Seat Selection service is now available on all our flights

Wherever you choose to travel, you can simply purchase your Preferred Seat when booking on singaporeair.com by following the instructions on the seat selection page. Alternatively, you may retrieve your booking and make your purchase no less than 48 hours before flight departure.

Please note that the Preferred Seat Selection rates have been adjusted according to destination and flight time. For the revised rates, please click here.

We hope you will take advantage of this service, and look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.

Yours sincerely,
    Shirlene Teo
    Manager Loyalty Marketing

* The Preferred Seat Selection service is available to passengers aged 18 years or above only. It is not available on the Singapore Airlines B772ER aircraft, and on codeshare flights operated by other airlines. Terms and conditions apply.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    For a moment when I saw the title of the email, I thought they had finally blocked 11A/K on the 77W's for QPP's / TPP's...
    Um no. This probably does mean we now have to pay for Row 31 to/from CGK. WTFFTW.

Comment

Pathetic.

Comment

Wonder how much they're charging for KUL runs

Comment

And they've taken the opportunity to increase the pricing too!! It now depends on how long the flight is (different "bands") -- can cost between US$20 to US$100.

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...ferredseat.jsp

Comment

Indeed for a moment I thought they were giving PPS pax the preferred seats for free. Alas, they are just trying to extract more blood. Won't be long before 11A/K will be deemed preferred ...

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              Won't be long before 11A/K will be deemed preferred ...
              They already are preferred by most of us who fly on 77W's a lot, but I take your point about someone in Airline House probably wondering if they could sting us for them. Probably these new breed of college grad smart arses that claim after two weeks at SQ that there are too many QPP's....

In response to customer feedback...........

Comment

I thought that they would make QPP/TPP feel special again after I read the title of the email. The content, however, is indeed very disappointing.

Comment

What's wrong with them?

First they kill the PPS Coordinators in the beginning of the year (the main benefit of PPS) and now they trying this bullshit of 'Hey, now you can pay for more seats like everyone else'...

Is there any mission to annoy and drive away customers that I have missed? SQ behaves very strange in the middle of fierce competition...

Comment

i thought they were offering preferred seat on pilot laps..

Comment

Originally posted by Handiman View Post
                      If you offer to pay SQ enough for that, I'm sure they can actually make it happen - because evidently, they do anything for money

Comment

Originally posted by Handiman View Post
                        lol. I would for such a price, You'll get a good view.... not

basically I don't care.... I would never fall on such a trick. I don't know what is happening to SQ. Such a stupidity.

However, I would care if they provide a special part in the plane where you could pay to avoid children/baby or family.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          If you offer to pay SQ enough for that, I'm sure they can actually make it happen - because evidently, they do anything for money
                          okie, pilot laps not for me but tech crew seat i do , and crew bunker

Comment

Every KF member should have gotten this message. Given that I have just recently reacquired Blue status and also got that email I knew already that it had to be about money and not treatment of "special folks" like some of you guys.

Leaving the feelings of hurt QPP,TPP and LPP aside I wonder why anyone would swing $$$ for short legs anyways. Okay once it goes to Japan and beyond I have paid for better seats on dreaded UA and compared to them SQ is actually cheaper, but still I understand the disappointment in the PPS camp.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                              What's wrong with them?

First they kill the PPS Coordinators in the beginning of the year (the main benefit of PPS)...
                              You guys don't have Coordinators anymore?!?
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                              X