World's 10 safest airlines list excludes Singapore Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    The annoying thing is that incident is not a reflection on the airline, it was a fault with the engine. It could have happened to any airline. Its not Qantas being "unsafe" that caused it.
    Exactly. For me I group crashes into two categories - within and outside the airline's control.

If there's a crash because of the plane or ATC or something like that (e.g. JAL 123, THY 981, etc.), it's not something that would impact my opinion of the airline. Unlike a crash due to pilot error or maintenance (e.g. SQ6, AA191, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
      The annoying thing is that incident is not a reflection on the airline, it was a fault with the engine. It could have happened to any airline. Its not Qantas being "unsafe" that caused it.
      If anything that incident should PROVE how safe Qantas is due to the incredible response of the captain and his crew in returning that aircraft safely to the ground.
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
        If anything that incident should PROVE how safe Qantas is due to the incredible response of the captain and his crew in returning that aircraft safely to the ground.
        Also QF's managements decision to ground the A380 fleet as a precautionary measure.
        Last edited by Sethor; 28 December 2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X