• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's 10 safest airlines list excludes Singapore Airlines

http://sbr.com.sg/aviation/news/worl...ref_map=%5B%5D

Well nothing new. SQ got 1 fatal accident in their book
    visit my blog

Comment

Yes SQ have one fatal accident n hull loss and its fully owned subsidiary Silkair also had a fatal plane crash. But surprise to see that Qantas is not amongst the top 10 as it didn't have any fatal accidents although few aircraft incidents in its very long history as compared to Emirates etc.

Comment

Yes, SQ seems to be weighed down by the one crash with 83 fatalities. Not quite sure how the index is calculated, as we have Lufthansa with one accident, with 2 fatalities ranking better than Qantas. Perhaps the latter's relative recent 380 incident after takeoff from SIN pushed them down.

Comment

I saw KE has such a high fatalities incidents even worse than CI. *worried*

Comment

Considering that Emirates very nearly killed an entire A340 load of passengers on a botched takeoff out of Melbourne that list is a load of bullsh*t
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Germany-based the Jet Airliner Crash Data Evaluation Centre (JACDER)
              The what ?!.

Tempted to merge in travel awards master thread...

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                I saw KE has such a high fatalities incidents even worse than CI. *worried*
                Yup...lots of high-fatality incidents in the 70s-90s.

But they seem to have had no significant incidents in the past decade (as far as I know).

Comment

I am surprised to see JAL is lower than Air France. JAL haven't had a fatality or hull loss since the early to mid 80's. In the 80's, 90's & 2000's Air France have had a number of fatal incidents and hull losses.

Makes you wonder how they work out these figures.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    I am surprised to see JAL is lower than Air France. JAL haven't had a fatality or hull loss since the early to mid 80's. In the 80's, 90's & 2000's Air France have had a number of fatal incidents and hull losses.

Makes you wonder how they work out these figures.
                    Air France being 41 does not make any sense. What about AF447? Asiana at 46 (Asiana 214???) higher than Korean Air?
                    SQ had the fatal incident in 2000 but nothing since then and I thought was one of the safest airlines in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
                      Air France being 41 does not make any sense. What about AF447? Asiana at 46 (Asiana 214???) higher than Korean Air?
                      SQ had the fatal incident in 2000 but nothing since then and I thought was one of the safest airlines in the world.
                      KE, like CI, has had a really bad record in the past. Since this does take post-80s events into account I'm not surprised KE is lower than OZ. But of course, KE seems like a really nice airline nowadays. Anyway this was from earlier this year, so OZ214 wouldn't be taken into account.

And AF also has had quite a bad record in the past 15 years or so - Toronto, AF447, Concorde. I too am surprised it's higher than JAL.

Comment

Qantas has no fatalities, right? Not there either...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          Qantas has no fatalities, right? Not there either...
                          they have had ZERO fatalities on a jet airliner. In the early days of the props they had a few , the last was in 1951.
                          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                            they have had ZERO fatalities on a jet airliner. In the early days of the props they had a few , the last was in 1951.
                            I think their a380 incident in SIN recently pulled their score down. Again, I'm speculating on how the index does the scoring - #crashes, #fatalities and proximity of time of last incident.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              I think their a380 incident in SIN recently pulled their score down. Again, I'm speculating on how the index does the scoring - #crashes, #fatalities and proximity of time of last incident.
                              The annoying thing is that incident is not a reflection on the airline, it was a fault with the engine. It could have happened to any airline. Its not Qantas being "unsafe" that caused it.

Comment

Working...
                              X