Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    Sounds highly possible SQ228. But now I don't think there's any 77W or 77WN at this time (to my knowledge) that's gone out of service for this.

Also, usually a complete refit (2006 product to 2013 product) will take at least 6-8 weeks but I wonder why it took the same time for SNA having already been fitted with the 2013 cabin, shouldn't it take like ~2-3 weeks like it did for SWJ and SWK back in Aug/Sep 2015? They are only removing some rows and removing a row of F.
    SNA took abt 5 weeks if I am not wrong, probably some checks and maintenance on top of refitting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
      SNA took abt 5 weeks if I am not wrong, probably some checks and maintenance on top of refitting it.
      I see. Is this normally the case for every 77W getting refitted (The SW* ones)? SWG and SWI were out for about the same period but returned back with old cabins.

Comment

Sounds highly possible SQ228. But now I don't think there's any 77W or 77WN at this time (to my knowledge) that's gone out of service for this.

Also, usually a complete refit (2006 product to 2013 product) will take at least 6-8 weeks but I wonder why it took the same time for SNA having already been fitted with the 2013 cabin, shouldn't it take like ~2-3 weeks like it did for SWJ and SWK back in Aug/Sep 2015? They are only removing some rows and removing a row of F.
        There's quite a bit of work to a 77WN becoming a 77WR and SNA would have been the first, which would take a bit more time. Removing a row of F, several rows of Y. Installing J where the F was, installing a full PEY cabin. Incidental reconfiguration here and there. Reprogramming many aspects of the cabin system, such as lighting, IFE ports. Renumbering almost all seats. Making good all furniture and fixtures not touched, such as cleaning for dust, checking and testing every system in the cabin, countless forms of compliance and regulatory procedure...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          There's quite a bit of work to a 77WN becoming a 77WR and SNA would have been the first, which would take a bit more time. Removing a row of F, several rows of Y. Installing J where the F was, installing a full PEY cabin. Incidental reconfiguration here and there. Reprogramming many aspects of the cabin system, such as lighting, IFE ports. Renumbering almost all seats. Making good all furniture and fixtures not touched, such as cleaning for dust, checking and testing every system in the cabin, countless forms of compliance and regulatory procedure...
          Don't forget that F doesn't have overhead bins, while J does. So that means changing the overhead panels as well.

On top of that, the galley in J is reduced on the 77WR. Toilets have also been removed/shifted around in the 77WR.

Therefore I think it is probably just as complicated as a refit of the old 77Ws.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
            Don't forget that F doesn't have overhead bins, while J does. So that means changing the overhead panels as well.

On top of that, the galley in J is reduced on the 77WR. Toilets have also been removed/shifted around in the 77WR.

Therefore I think it is probably just as complicated as a refit of the old 77Ws.
            Gotcha! I never meant to sound ignorant of this. I think the reason it also took longer was when we had 77WT (SWJ, SWK), and when it was conversion from 77WT to 77WR it took less time as F was only already 4 seats, it involved only removing some rows of Y and fitting it with PEY, and the other things you mentioned.

Now SNA is doing 306/305 so of course almost always it is nailed-on. After that we'll see but I already know EF says it is a 77WR

Comment

Here's just a theory on why SWG & SWI may have been aborted:

We have 6 77W left: SWG I Q R S T

We had 6 77WN: SWU V W Y Z NA

Six 77WN with two rows of 2013 F, one of which is earmarked to be removed. Six 77W that need a row of 2013 F installed.

Just a thought!
              I think that makes very good sense indeed!

Comment

• SWG doesn't seem to be flying anywhere now, so i'm guessing it is its turn to really get a refit.

Comment

SWG doesn't seem to be flying anywhere now, so i'm guessing it is its turn to really get a refit.
                  Icargo shows that SWG will be flying SQ634 tomorrow (10/6)

SWZ seems like its not going anywhere so far.

Comment

Here's just a theory on why SWG & SWI may have been aborted:

We have 6 77W left: SWG I Q R S T

We had 6 77WN: SWU V W Y Z NA

Six 77WN with two rows of 2013 F, one of which is earmarked to be removed. Six 77W that need a row of 2013 F installed.

Just a thought!
                    I haven't flown the 4F 77WRs yet, but I know that on the 8F 77Ws and 77WNs, row 1 and 2 are actually slightly different. In Row 1 bed mode, there's a slight indent at the head area where the feet of row 2 is, somewhat similar to J, a lot less pronounced, but it's still there. In Row 2, you get the full 'head space' since there is no seat behind. Similarly in Row 1 you get the full legroom while in row 2 the legroom is a bit more contoured as it eats into row 1's head space.

As such, I'm not sure if they could/would just take out one row from an 8F and plonk it into the 4F aircraft.

My hope is that if they plan on keeping the old 773s a while longer they should port the 8Fs directly over there

Comment

• So, iCargo reports SNA to be assigned to SQ8/11 Saturday early morning. While I already suspected it is a 77WR, evidence is strongest enough to my understanding of proof it is because the LAX route only gets 77WR. (Until unless there are further changes which can be possible).

It is interesting because it will be SNA's first visit to Seoul-Incheon (ICN) that never occured when SQ16/15 still stuck around as 3-class (Of course I recall one instance of FR24 predicting it when sometime after it was SNB), let alone the other 2 SN* birds, SNB and SNC have always flown to ICN. Nuff said, now, let's see what happens with these 77WNs soon to be 77WR.

Comment

Icargo shows that SWG will be flying SQ634 tomorrow (10/6)

SWZ seems like its not going anywhere so far.
                        SWV is doing 634/635. SWG hasn't gone anywhere.

Comment

SWV is doing 634/635. SWG hasn't gone anywhere.
                          Oh ok , then in that case I think SWG and SWZ could be the 2 to watch for the next few days .

From what I saw SWZ has no outbound flight assigned yet after coming back on 8/6

Comment

Oh ok , then in that case I think SWG and SWZ could be the 2 to watch for the next few days .

From what I saw SWZ has no outbound flight assigned yet after coming back on 8/6
                            As SQ228 pointed out, SNA is now a 77WR so with the seats they had already taken out of that 77WN (4F, some J and removed some rows of Y), the fact those products are about 4 years old (or less), the fact of the matter is that they're not allowing those new products to go to waste.

Now, we know back in Feb/March, SWG was out for 6 weeks for regular maintenance. However, it hatched and returned back as a 2006 77W. If SWG is really going out of service at this point, it is more obvious than it was a couple of months ago, it would be going for a refit most likely.

It sounds like we're expecting more and more subs to come around from time to time. As a poster mentioned the morning PVG flight going 77WR and afternoon PEK flight going 77WR, PVG (836/825) may very well lose its 77WN it gets off SQ1 (provided there's still an on-time 77WN frame to protect SQ2). 318/319 to LHR are getting 77WRs quite a bit which could be a sign of things to come.

The 77WR routes still remain unannounced and if SQ2/1 go 77WR eventually, we are yet to determine what that may mean capacity wise (i.e. Add another route similar to LAX). We'll just have to find out if the pattern is taking 77WNs and converting them as well.
                            Last edited by SQfanatic; 10 June 2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

As SQ228 pointed out, SNA is now a 77WR so with the seats they had already taken out of that 77WN (4F, some J and removed some rows of Y), the fact those products are about 4 years old (or less), the fact of the matter is that they're not allowing those new products to go to waste.

Now, we know back in Feb/March, SWG was out for 6 weeks for regular maintenance. However, it hatched and returned back as a 2006 77W. If SWG is really going out of service at this point, it is more obvious than it was a couple of months ago, it would be going for a refit most likely.

It sounds like we're expecting more and more subs to come around from time to time. As a poster mentioned the morning PVG flight going 77WR and afternoon PEK flight going 77WR, PVG (836/825) may very well lose its 77WN it gets off SQ1 (provided there's still an on-time 77WN frame to protect SQ2). 318/319 to LHR are getting 77WRs quite a bit which could be a sign of things to come.

The 77WR routes still remain unannounced and if SQ2/1 go 77WR eventually, we are yet to determine what that may mean capacity wise (i.e. Add another route similar to LAX). We'll just have to find out if the pattern is taking 77WNs and converting them as well.
                              Yeah I am wondering if SF will have only has 4 First Class seats a day, down from 12 previously. That will make redemption practically impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                                Yeah I am wondering if SF will have only has 4 First Class seats a day, down from 12 previously. That will make redemption practically impossible.
                                I cannot say they will go A380 for sure if F is really a issue. The situation can be a bit more difficult to interpret or analyze as the number of 77WR is increasing and it makes question what they can do to prevent SFO from losing its 2013 cabin products depending on the number of 3-class frames available. As I said before, if they're really concerned about the number of F seats that will be on every 77W, they will have to do what they did to LAX (put double daily 77WR). Perhaps the question would first be, How's the loading of F typically on both SQ1 and SQ2?
                                Last edited by SQfanatic; 11 June 2017, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X