No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ227/8 is set to go 77WR some time between now and the end of March 2017. I received an email this evening advising me that my seat selection for 30MAR17 had been changed by an automated system due to a change in aircraft.

I assumed it may have been an upgauge to an A380, but on accessing my booking, it had changed from 77WN to 77WR.

(I then changed myself to my favourite seat in the plane which had become available but hadn't been before! )

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      SQ227/8 is set to go 77WR some time between now and the end of March 2017. I received an email this evening advising me that my seat selection for 30MAR17 had been changed by an automated system due to a change in aircraft.

I assumed it may have been an upgauge to an A380, but on accessing my booking, it had changed from 77WN to 77WR.

(I then changed myself to my favourite seat in the plane which had become available but hadn't been before! )
      Wow, really? So it's technically unannounced officially right? A poster mentioned that MEL would go 77WR if one of the flights become A380. Guess it's a sign that more 77W are due to be refitted. What's next? SYD (211/212)? Looks like SQ could step up their refit game once SWB is back to flying again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        Guess it's a sign that more 77W are due to be refitted.
        I don't see how its just one 2013 configuration to another 2013 configuration. Not 2006 to 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          I don't see how its just one 2013 configuration to another 2013 configuration. Not 2006 to 2013.
          Maybe I misstated, it's true 227/228 are going from 77WN to 77WR. What I meant was that they will likely need another 2 refitted frames as 77WR for 227/228 since that returns 24 hours later to SIN.

And it's already Day 8 and 494/495 have obviously been living off 77WN from SQ1 which is good but no PEY. I hope this is temporary. Besides, I think this is a result of 77WR going on a 3 day maintenance thing before preparing for the Holiday Season. I think after then, the last 2 77WN might go thru that and a maps upgrade but we will eventually know what's up

Comment

• Right now is the least reliable time to be making any calculations about future aircraft deployments or requirements based on where aircraft are flying to each day.

We've just seen massive upheaval and reconfiguration of almost all routes to the US, cancellation of GRU, an announcement of 12 new destinations with no specifics to know what that means, a steady flow of A350s arriving with no official announcement of their priorities beyond the present, further expected A330 end-of-lease departures, increases in flights on popular routes, shuffling of A380s, reduction of flights on routes now less popular (e.g. IST), BCN reworked back to an MXP tag, MUC becoming a daily terminator, direct flights to MAN, DME going it alone, 9V-SWA refitted to 77WR, flights switched from SQ to MI and from MI to SQ... I could list even more if I had the time to.

20 years of experience working with logic, patterns and variables tells me that this is an unpredictable scenario, even for the people who would actually be working in SQ's fleet deployment operations. Options are being kept open and things are changing on a frequent basis. Making predictions on past flight patterns is pointless.

What I am 100% sure of, however, is that none of this is in any way, shape or form, linked to a 3-D map application.

Comment

I could list even more if I had the time to.

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              What I am 100% sure of, however, is that none of this is in any way, shape or form, linked to a 3-D map application.

Comment

• Just flew on SQ008 / 9V-SWJ. The WiFi is still the old volume based OnAir, but the good news (at least for some) is that it has the new 3D maps.

Comment

• Originally posted by vade View Post
                  Just flew on SQ008 / 9V-SWJ. The WiFi is still the old volume based OnAir, but the good news (at least for some) is that it has the new 3D maps.
                  I am not bothered about the 77WR, because SFO's 77WR went to LAX now. I know well that except for the SN* 77WR, all SW* refitted 77WR have still kept the volume based OnAir Wifi. The SN* 77WR have 3D maps and Panasonic Wifi. Obviously, it would still have OnAir if there's no Wifi hump, because with most airlines that have the Wifi hump at the top of the second door, indicates it has Panasonic/T-Mobile Wifi.

I am flying SQ1/2 this December/January which are known to have the 2013 cabin products (SWU-SNA) and know well enough they have Panasonic time based wifi. But I still believe SWY and SNA do not have the 3D maps. If SQ15/16 still existed (and if it did, I would have taken it because it's cheaper), I wouldn't whine much even if it had OnAir wifi.

As I said, my chance still lies of 4/6 with 3D maps, and the other 2/6 with the 2D map app. I also got word that I might go again in June 2017 (Which is planned, but nothing is promised or confirmed, because I will also know next year if I still find it true I am going to graduate in May 2017). Probably all 77WN should have it by then.

In all respect and honesty, I probably will stop throwing a fit over this, but in either case, I am happy I am getting a 77WN with Panasonic Wifi, and 3D maps will be extra credit, and a great Christmas gift (As well as other events before the trip and during the trip next month which will be treated as a Christmas gift).
                  Last edited by SQfanatic; 8 November 2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    I am not bothered about the 77WR, because SFO's 77WR went to LAX now. I know well that except for the SN* 77WR, all SW* refitted 77WR have still kept the volume based OnAir Wifi. The SN* 77WR have 3D maps and Panasonic Wifi. Obviously, it would still have OnAir if there's no Wifi hump, because with most airlines that have the Wifi hump at the top of the second door, indicates it has Panasonic/T-Mobile Wifi.

I am flying SQ1/2 this December/January which are known to have the 2013 cabin products (SWU-SNA) and know well enough they have Panasonic time based wifi. But I still believe SWY and SNA do not have the 3D maps. If SQ15/16 still existed (and if it did, I would have taken it because it's cheaper), I wouldn't whine much even if it had OnAir wifi.

As I said, my chance still lies of 4/6 with 3D maps, and the other 2/6 with the 2D map app. I also got word that I might go again in June 2017 (Which is planned, but nothing is promised or confirmed, because I will also know next year if I still find it true I am going to graduate in May 2017). Probably all 77WN should have it by then.

In all respect and honesty, I probably will stop throwing a fit over this, but in either case, I am happy I am getting a 77WN with Panasonic Wifi, and 3D maps will be extra credit, and a great Christmas gift (As well as other events before the trip and during the trip next month which will be treated as a Christmas gift).
                    in all respect and honesty, I can't wait for you to stop blathering on about the bl**dy maps. The day that happens, I'll consider it my Christmas gift.

Comment

• I too don't get why he's been banging on about the maps. To me and I think everyone else on here, the maps makes minimal or no difference to the inflight experience. IFE content and service is far more important.

Comment

• Perhaps a separate chat thread could be started about 3-D Maps and all the people who want to actually discuss them can do so there and the rest of the forum can stop having our time wasted by wading through the constant nonsense about them which is pushing most of us to the limit of politeness...

Comment

Perhaps a separate chat thread could be started about 3-D Maps and all the people who want to actually discuss them can do so there and the rest of the forum can stop having our time wasted by wading through the constant nonsense about them which is pushing most of us to the limit of politeness...
                          But from what I can see, not many people give a sh*t about 3D maps. In fact, there's really only one person on this forum that cares about his beloved maps...

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                            But from what I can see, not many people give a sh*t about 3D maps. In fact, there's really only one person on this forum that cares about his beloved maps...
                            Read between my lines...

Comment

Read between my lines...
                              One up

Comment

Read between my lines...
                                I hope those are 3D lines

Comment

Working...
                                X