Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
    Are you referring to the software or hardware?
    Referring to the IFE software interface, which seems to differ on SWP and SWM, even though both are retrofitted aircraft.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Maybe you could detail exactly what was different? What i think could be the issue is: the interface has to be the same to streamline the system and also save costs, BUT in Y the actual screen is touch-enabled, while in J and F its the controllers only. So the difference could be due to the system being more optimised for the hardware in Y vs J and F.

Regarding the interface on the 2006 products, i personally disagree, i prefer the 2013 one, though to be fair the 2006 one is a bit more reliable, if dated-looking.

Comment

• Anyone know what's up with the delay of SQ16 (Out of SIN)? Sounds like some mechanical issue or something of that nature going on but I do not know for sure. It got delayed to 12, then 1. The fact it is operated by a 4-class plane, it's the first morning flight out, and of course there are usually 3 other 77WR frame available if one of them goes tech (Or they could perhaps swap it with a 2006 77W for one).

Comment

• Off now ...

Comment

• Yup.

Back to the topic others were talking about, I find it strange to hear that J class screen is not touchscreen and Y class is. I thought planes that have touchscreen in Y class would be touchscreen in ALL cabin classes, regardless. How about the A380 PEY? Is that touchscreen or not at all?

Comment

• I'm not too sure about PEY on the 2013 products, but i'm fairly sure the main screen in J is not touch-enabled and i'm absolutely positive that the main screen in F is not touch-enabled. Only the IFE controller.

Comment

• The screens in J and F are too far away for touch operation to be of any meaning.

Comment

• Indeed no touchscreen in J and F. Why should it be? That someone is hammering on the "very responsive" control of Panasonics new IFE. The system is underwhelming IMHO. The touchscreen plus touch-remote doesnt make it very responsive. Better off without touchscreen...

Comment

• 9V-SWW has gone back to service as a 77WN doing 227/228 after a 2 week maintenance. I will also safely assume the maps got upgraded from 2D to 3D too. If that be the case, we have SWY and SNA left for the maps upgrade.

Really hope to hear from first hand accounts if SWV and SWW indeed have the 3D maps.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Really hope to hear from first hand accounts if SWV and SWW indeed have the 3D maps.
                      I flew SWV to HKG last night. I didn't actually use the map feature myself but on the bulkhead TVs the maps had a 2D feel to it - not sure if it's 2D by default.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                        I flew SWV to HKG last night. I didn't actually use the map feature myself but on the bulkhead TVs the maps had a 2D feel to it - not sure if it's 2D by default.
                        If you're talking about bulkhead TVs, I know what you mean, did it show the blue screen with KrisWorld? If so, it is 2D still. Very surprised, so it is a gamble for me between SWU and SWZ when I go in December (If I am having high hopes for 3D maps).

Comment

• I would say 9V-SWY is likely now undergoing maintenance and a possible 2 weeks of upgrading maps from 2D to 3D (The map part is an assumption though I cannot say anything for sure).

EDIT: Stumbled upon a photo on IG with hashtag #singaporeairlines and it sounds like 9V-SWW was heading to MEL like I mentioned, and that photo has 3D maps (posted 13 hours ago). So, the proof is pretty clear that 9V-SWW indeed has the Panasonic Voyager 3D app and that fr24 does not show any other 77WN or 77WR flying any MEL route on that day. I will clearly also assume 9V-SWV has 3D maps too unless the guy who did fly 9V-SWV tells me otherwise what he saw (Ahem, Singapore_Air if you saw dark blue and words printed out KrisWorld, then it is 2D otherwise if the background color is teal (pretty light blue) without titles KrisWorld at the top, 3D maps then. The other way you can probably tell is if the plane on the map is a real Singapore Airlines plane rather than just a 2D plane image.

Again I'm sorry if I keep raving about 3D maps this 3D maps that, but to be honest, seeing 3D maps in videos in Panasonic Voyager seems a lot better than 2D maps. I like the 2D maps, but they have taken out a couple of flight information present as well as the screen of information whereas the Voyager does not lack any of that.
                          Last edited by SQfanatic; 20 September 2016, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• I don't think I ever saw the KrisWorld titles on the bulkhead PTV apart from the Welcome Onboard during boarding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                              I don't think I ever saw the KrisWorld titles on the bulkhead PTV apart from the Welcome Onboard during boarding.
                              Perhaps the map did look 2Dish but had 3Dish interface, guess it is proven SWV has 3D maps too (I can only fully prove when I fly SQ1 in Dec, SQ2 in Jan, provided I get SWV one or both ways). Guess it narrows down to SWU, SWV, SWW, SWZ with 3D maps on the 77WN. Now I suspect SWY is undergoing this then SNA after.

Comment

• It looked like this: https://twitter.com/harishpillay/sta...91820766064640

Comment

Working...
                                X