Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    My definition of definite is if the plane does fly all assigned PEY numbers: 306/305/16/15/326/325/328/327/494/495/285/286/866/865

More definite definition with stronger evidence to me is definitely SQ328/327, 326/325, 306/305, 285/286 and 15/16 most frequently. If it especially flies Auckland or Incheon/SFO, that is strong enough for me to know SWA has PEY. DXB might have weaker evidence as that can be prone to swaps of non PEY aircraft.

Also if anyone does see SWA with the new Wifi hump please let me know if it's same like the one SWU-SNC has. I will also assume the new Wifi is time based like Panasonic/T-Mobile although the carrier is OnAir GX Aviation.
    I see.

So data which is clearly sourced from some kind of official flight record, which even specifies codes for meal types, CO2 emission calculations, a full and complete specification of the number of seats within each class which matches a 77WR configuration exactly, corresponds within 1 minute to the time of take off, same destination, same flight number when compared to flightradar24... On top of this, we've already received an eye-witness report yesterday that SWA had a wifi hump installed...

Wow, congratulations on the newly developed level of skepticism!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      Wow, congratulations on the newly developed level of skepticism!
      He's probably sent the airline's CEO dozens of e-mails to confirm whether his beloved plane has been refitted...

The info that a340-313x has provided is sufficient enough to prove that SWA has been refitted. If the whole 77W fleet is indeed being refitted, it means that we won't be seeing an A350-1000 order for some time...

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
        He's probably sent the airline's CEO dozens of e-mails to confirm whether his beloved plane has been refitted...

The info that a340-313x has provided is sufficient enough to prove that SWA has been refitted. If the whole 77W fleet is indeed being refitted, it means that we won't be seeing an A350-1000 order for some time...
        I do not send the CEO any emails, frankly I do not want to and I am not bothered to. I already am happy to know I am flying the 77WN in December both ways and am 100% sure of no irrop equipment swap. I only fumble between here, fr24 and routesonline. That's about it.

For now I will agree with what the poster has given me. We will watch and see what happens for a couple of days. The only old 77W being freed is SQ68/67 when that route terminates and Melbourne's 217/218. The only other routes operating with an older frame after Oct 23 are: Manchester/Houston, Melbourne (237/238), Shanghai, Haneda Tokyo, and Sydney (211/212). Probably MXP/BCN as well. Hopefully some of the routes will get refitted equipment especially MAN/IAH if more get refitted to 77WR.

Comment

• SWA was tentatively scheduled to go to SYD tomorrow (05 September) on SQ231/222 after returning from PVG, but will now be headed to MUC/MAN tonight on SQ328.
          Last edited by a340-313x; 4 September 2016, 09:41 PM. Reason: Updated information

Comment

• Yep, SWA is on the ground now in MUC. So it looks like SWA is indeed refitted as a 77WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
              Yep, SWA is on the ground now in MUC. So it looks like SWA is indeed refitted as a 77WR.
              Guess I'll agree with the poster, after all. My next prediction of SWA: Performing SQ16 to Incheon/SFO on Tuesday. Gives us the strongest evidence.

Oh also, 227/228 got a 77WR (SWK) instead of a regular 77WN. I wonder if it is a sign of things to come for MEL. Also I am sorry if I keep asking this, but what's the status of SWB? I assume they're still fixing the whole aircraft and refitting the Wifi system and configuring it as 77WR. Hope SWD goes next for a Wifi/cabin refit.

Comment

Yep, SWA is on the ground now in MUC. So it looks like SWA is indeed refitted as a 77WR.
                Hopefully there will be shots of SWA, with the Wifi hump, to be able to tell its a 77WR look at the 1st and 4th windows closest to the cockpit colored tan, as opposed to other 77W aircraft.

Comment

• Was wondering why persist with 77WR if PEY is not selling well anyway......then realised that perhaps losing $$ on unsold PEY seats is not as bad as losing money on unsold F seats. But that's pure speculation on my end.

Comment

Was wondering why persist with 77WR if PEY is not selling well anyway......then realised that perhaps losing $$ on unsold PEY seats is not as bad as losing money on unsold F seats. But that's pure speculation on my end.
                    I was wondering the same myself. For me it was the poor roll out. Booked 3 time and 3 times no PEY was not available on day of flight. But it was more for experience rather than value. I can see most people can relate that PEY dies not translate in value very well and as such poor following

But to SQ PEY is a long term investment and short term results may not affect them as much and perhaps if they can push PEY stronger on more availability with the new refits they can see results.

One thing I do envision is perhaps this give them flexibility to upgrade Y passengers more often???

Comment

• SQ is in the greatest state of flux I've ever seen.

Yesterday I booked MEL-ZRH/MUC-MEL for next July (awesome prices!) and while there were some indications of equipment changes in the future, but I'll be astounded if I still fly in the equipment I booked for. SQ208 was still an old 772ER, SQ346 had an all-J-upper A380 with PEY, SQ327 was still a 77WR and SQ217 has lost the A380 that it gains on 30OCT to return to a 77W without PEY.

In fact, by June '17, MEL will return to a 4x 777 service according to SQ flight schedules, none of which seem to offer PEY, which thus prevents anyone flying to/from MEL booking it via the website on their other legs as well. Even if I did want to try it, I have no option to.

Comment

• This is a sign that they're seriously struggling to deal with the competition from all sides. Between ME3 & CX, LCCs, ageing cabin interiors, incidents, and uninspiring new products, they're probably in a heck of a mess financially, which produces a knock-on effect. The 2017 products on the A380 will probably be one of their last chances to wrest back some market share to keep afloat. A nice big cash injection right now would certainly be welcome, i'd think.

Comment

This is a sign that they're seriously struggling to deal with the competition from all sides. Between ME3 & CX, LCCs, ageing cabin interiors, incidents, and uninspiring new products, they're probably in a heck of a mess financially, which produces a knock-on effect. The 2017 products on the A380 will probably be one of their last chances to wrest back some market share to keep afloat. A nice big cash injection right now would certainly be welcome, i'd think.
                          Yes, I feel like some of the new moves they are finally now making should have been made some time ago but are now being madly rushed into. The previous CEO's "we're the best, so don't change anything" approach was never a good idea. At least now there seems to be a changed culture within the organisation to allow people with new ideas to have a go, but I guess it can't be expected all of them will work. Deciding to keep the ancient 772s flying about as a cost saving measure is one idea that should have been put out of its misery as soon as it was suggested...

Comment

• The money crunch seems to be hitting hard. Only logical reason why the 772ERs are still flying and the 77W refits are taking so long. Unless they're so giam siap even with cash they won't do it. The new business class may well be the thing that keeps SQ afloat for awhile. Old one would still be world-class, but its been around for around so customer expectations will only rise, and the seats are definitely showing their age. I'm also wondering if the A380s will ever get refitted, though i suppose that if the 77Ws are taking so long, the A380s will be scrapped before they have a chance to be refitted.

Comment

Was wondering why persist with 77WR if PEY is not selling well anyway......then realised that perhaps losing $$ on unsold PEY seats is not as bad as losing money on unsold F seats. But that's pure speculation on my end.
                              Probably doing it for the expanded J capacity.

PEY cannot sell, then just overbook Y.

Worst case just remove the PEY and change to Y.

The 2013 J and F needs to be updated no matter what.

Comment

• Originally posted by dfs24 View Post

The 2013 J and F needs to be updated no matter what.
                                I thought the new J product was very good, class-leading even. You mean the 2006 J & F? 2006 J IMHO is so good its still top class even 10 years down the road, but the hard product is worn and torn across almost all the aircraft. 2006 F hard product is a major major disappointment, though. 2013 F is a significant improvement, though still not as good as several of the other F products out there (EK, CX, LX, LH come to mind)

Comment

Working...
                                X