Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
    SQ318 today was operated by a 77WR (9V-SWM) instead of a 77WN/77W. The flight has never had equipment swaps to aircraft featuring PEY (if my memory serves me correctly). A sign of things to come?
    It happened one time in March, it got 9V-SNC. I don't know for sure if it is a sign of things to come, because it is approaching 5 weeks since 9V-SWA has been out, and I am under the assumption it is undergoing cabin refit and Wifi refit.

9V-SWB is going through getting fixed, hope it will be back in service soon with a new cabin.

Comment

• It's Week 5 on 9V-SWA. 5 weeks means it's definitely getting a refit. As far as 9V-SWB not sure when it will resume revenue service as it is almost approaching 2 months. My guess is next week or the week after SWA will do a test flight 8877 and likely be flying PEY routes.

After all, SYD is reverting from 77WR back to A380 and LHR is reverting to 77WR, AKL has been consecutively keeping one reg of 77WR and the day it gets a new 77WR, BOM loses its 77WR for that day (Mostly goes to 77WN). Only two times AKL got a swap to a 2006 product 77W.

Comment

• Hello everyone
        Would F in sleeper service flight offer full meal service like F in normal daytime nonsleeper service flights? Any experience anyone?

Comment

• No it is reduced.

I think you already posted this question in another thread. You need not repeat. By the way there is a thread under SQ Catering and F menu thread to address these questions. Do post correctly

Comment

• After a 5 week off action, SWA has hatched. I can't wait to see what routes it flies (Hopefully it is a 77WR). However, SWB is still out of action.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              After a 5 week off action, SWA has hatched. I can't wait to see what routes it flies (Hopefully it is a 77WR). However, SWB is still out of action.
              I hope someone in SQ Talk is flying on 9V SWA tonight or soon and report to us

Comment

After a 5 week off action, SWA has hatched. I can't wait to see what routes it flies (Hopefully it is a 77WR). However, SWB is still out of action.
                SWA still hasn't flown yet.

Comment

• Every Wednesday since January 6, SQ16/15 has always gotten a 77WR. Today it is interesting to see 9V-SWD (Which according to the Wifi list doesn't even have Wifi), an older 2006 77W product without PEY on a Wednesday. After all, summer travel peak season has ended.

Poor PEY folks must have got downgraded to Y. After all SNB (off SQ15's second round), SNC (off 327 terminated at T3) could have operated or SWM, but I think SWM is under maintenance right now. Not SWL because it already terminated at T2.

SFO route has always gotten the best treatment with the new products. Are there any other days PEY is not available for SQ16/15? I hope LAX does not face the same treatment and get a few more refitted 77WR to service (Assuming SWA is one of them).
                  Last edited by SQfanatic; 31 August 2016, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Maybe there were no PEY pax hence SQ downgraded? Also, FR24 reports some strange no-listing flights for SWA. Anyone has news on what's going on with it?

Comment

• Makes sense but anyway how are the loads for PEY on the SFO route? (Including ICN both ways too)

If SQ is going A350 in October with PEY, it should have enough demand for PEY.

As for 9V-SWA, I can't see it performing 8877 but it has been detected taxiing according to fr24. Does it have something to do with the new Wifi test going on? I am definitely sure when it approaches Week 6 (Labor Day weekend next week), we have some evidence it likely has new cabin products.
                      Last edited by SQfanatic; 31 August 2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• BTW - 9V-SWW is likely under maintenance and probably for a 2 week maps upgrade. It has not been flying since Sunday (8/28). Has anyone recently been on 9V-SWV this month or anytime last month? If so can anyone confirm SWV also has the 3D map app?

Then 2 more left if that is the case (SWY and SNA).

Comment

• No idea about PEY loads for SQ15/16.

The wifi test theory seems plausible for SWA.

Comment

• A third unusual listing for SWA has shown up on flightradar24.
                            There are no details other than the flight number which is "(SQ9VSW)".

Comment

BTW - 9V-SWW is likely under maintenance and probably for a 2 week maps upgrade. It has not been flying since Sunday (8/28). Has anyone recently been on 9V-SWV this month or anytime last month? If so can anyone confirm SWV also has the 3D map app?

Then 2 more left if that is the case (SWY and SNA).
                              9V-SWW is back in the air. It flew SQ636/631 to HND and back on 31AUG16. It is currently headed to SFO as SQ2.
                              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                                9V-SWW is back in the air. It flew SQ636/631 to HND and back on 31AUG16. It is currently headed to SFO as SQ2.
                                I thought 9V-SWW was heading for Melbourne yesterday ,maybe after returning from San Francisco.

Comment

Working...
                                X