Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chisquared View Post
    Thanks for the updates, SQfanatic.

I do have one question though. What's the big deal about the update to the 3D maps? Is there something special about them that I'm missing, or is it really just that they look cooler than 2D maps?
    I too made the same comments previously. Thought the 3D maps were lame as it's not real and I've seen it crash several times. Still like the 2d maps as it gives a better perspective of where I am in the journey. Adding cameras would be much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
      I too made the same comments previously. Thought the 3D maps were lame as it's not real and I've seen it crash several times. Still like the 2d maps as it gives a better perspective of where I am in the journey. Adding cameras would be much better.
      LHR SQ318 is now back to the alternate days rotation of 77W and 77WN!

Comment

• Originally posted by chisquared View Post
        Thanks for the updates, SQfanatic.

I do have one question though. What's the big deal about the update to the 3D maps? Is there something special about them that I'm missing, or is it really just that they look cooler than 2D maps?
        My guess is to keep in tandem with the maps both on the 77WR and the A350. Moreover, compared to the current 2D maps, they removed some information such as Local Time at Origin, and when I was on a 2006 77W last year, never said Time of Arrival.

Never meant to whine or complain about it, but before the other 2D map got released, when I flew in 2012 (and 2010), it contained all the information before, as back in the day I was always used to the 2D maps no matter what plane I always flew.

But looking at the videos, it looks a lot better to some degree, but I am sure many of you will have differing opinions which I respect. As far as the camera, I agree, but maybe unless it's EK's style of the camera on the A380 (and 77W), I'm in for it, like CX, might be okay but still prefer to look at the window for views.

Comment

• I digress, SNA is back in the air doing 318/319.

Comment

• I assume no one has any news about SWB.

On the other hand, sounds like SWA could be either undergoing maintenance or going to undergo a refit to either 77WR, 77WN, or as rumors stated, a 77W without First Class and just J, S, and Y class. Has not been flying since July 25.

It could also be undergoing a cabin refit and a Wifi refit since it's supposed to start now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              I assume no one has any news about SWB.

On the other hand, sounds like SWA could be either undergoing maintenance or going to undergo a refit to either 77WR, 77WN, or as rumors stated, a 77W without First Class and just J, S, and Y class. Has not been flying since July 25.

It could also be undergoing a cabin refit and a Wifi refit since it's supposed to start now.
              At Gate B8, SQ338 pre-flight inaugural, I spoke to SQ VPs and quizzed them about the fate of SWB. Apparently it was represented that SWB was to have been scheduled for a retrofit a week after the accident. So it appears that the plane would repaired (if it makes sense post-insurance review) and retrofitted at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
                At Gate B8, SQ338 pre-flight inaugural, I spoke to SQ VPs and quizzed them about the fate of SWB. Apparently it was represented that SWB was to have been scheduled for a retrofit a week after the accident. So it appears that the plane would repaired (if it makes sense post-insurance review) and retrofitted at the same time.
                What configuration are they going to refit the cabins to?

Comment

• The DME and MAN/IAH flights (later into next year) are showing up as 77Ws with only J and Y available for reservation. Perhaps there is some truth to the new 77W configuration? (Either that, or they are next in line for an A350, or a downgauge to an SV-series).

Comment

• I can believe DME getting downgauaged, but MAN/IAH is almost an ideal A350 route if SQ can get enough A350 frames by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                      What configuration are they going to refit the cabins to?
                      It'll be the 77WR fitout

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
                        Nice so no SND as replacement to worry about. So SWB can be added to our 77WR list alongside, assuming they will install the new Wifi too. SWA might be our candidate for a 77WR aircraft too.

As for DME, I highly doubt they will put a 772. MAN/IAH would obviously be operated with a 77W unfortunately not a 77WR though.

Comment

• I think it highly likely that DME will go A350. The four evenings it flies out are the exact four nights that DUS does not fly, hence a pair of A350s could cover both.

Comment

• You know times have changed when SQ are refitting 9-10 year old planes instead of retiring them. At least the 777-300ER refits are thorough, with all classes of travel getting new seats, the latest IFE, and WiFi.

Which 77Ws (other than the new ones) are equipped with WiFi?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              Out of curiosity does 9V-SWL have OnAir Wifi or not fitted with Wifi at all?
                              It has SITA OnAir Wifi (not Panasonic unfortunately) and has the Voyager 3D Maps.

Comment

• It seems like 9V-SWA has been inactive for over a week now. Does this signify a refit?

Comment

Working...
                                X