No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that these are the dates in the last four months when SQ318 was served by old F/J

(or, NOT one of these: SWU,SWV,SWW,SWY,SWZ,SNA)

Thursday, September 17, 2015
    Monday, September 21, 2015
    Thursday, October 08, 2015
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015
    Monday, November 02, 2015
    Thursday, November 05, 2015
    Sunday, November 08, 2015
    Monday, November 16, 2015
    Thursday, November 19, 2015
    Saturday, November 21, 2015
    Monday, November 30, 2015
    Sunday, December 06, 2015
    Tuesday, December 08, 2015
    Thursday, December 10, 2015
    Saturday, December 12, 2015
    Monday, December 14, 2015
    Friday, January 01, 2016
    Monday, January 11, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by asheli View Post
      I think that these are the dates in the last four months when SQ318 was served by old F/J

(or, NOT one of these: SWU,SWV,SWW,SWY,SWZ,SNA)

Thursday, September 17, 2015
      Monday, September 21, 2015
      Thursday, October 08, 2015
      Tuesday, October 20, 2015
      Monday, November 02, 2015
      Thursday, November 05, 2015
      Sunday, November 08, 2015
      Monday, November 16, 2015
      Thursday, November 19, 2015
      Saturday, November 21, 2015
      Monday, November 30, 2015
      Sunday, December 06, 2015
      Tuesday, December 08, 2015
      Thursday, December 10, 2015
      Saturday, December 12, 2015
      Monday, December 14, 2015
      Friday, January 01, 2016
      Monday, January 11, 2016
      Interesting, I don't recall January 1 being a day they put a old 77W on 318/319 or for that matter during the Holidays. Off peak season they're doing it a lot. Even today's date should be on your log (9V-SWP) and SWE on Monday

Comment

• I got the data from Flight Aware.
        Monday's flight is on there (Jan11).

Comment

• Originally posted by asheli View Post
          I got the data from Flight Aware.
          Monday's flight is on there (Jan11).
          Jan 11 is clear, because data is there. But Jan 1, if I'm not mistaken (at least according to a rough search on google and flightradar24 (though not shown on the site, only google)), SNA actually operated on New Year's Day (Jan 1)

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            Jan 11 is clear, because data is there. But Jan 1, if I'm not mistaken (at least according to a rough search on google and flightradar24 (though not shown on the site, only google)), SNA actually operated on New Year's Day (Jan 1)
            If I'm not mistaken Flightradar24 doesn't display any information for flights older than two weeks. I use Flightaware for that. For some reason or another Flightaware didn't pick up SNA's departure from SIN on New Year's, but it did pick up the return as SQ319.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...035Z/EGLL/WSSS

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
              If I'm not mistaken Flightradar24 doesn't display any information for flights older than two weeks. I use Flightaware for that. For some reason or another Flightaware didn't pick up SNA's departure from SIN on New Year's, but it did pick up the return as SQ319.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...035Z/EGLL/WSSS
              I don't trust flightaware on many aspects, especially even if it means tracking a family member's flight. All I did was google search "2015-01-01 SQ318 9V-SNA" and some evidence gives me that SNA was operated.

Comment

• All sites that list flight information are capable of showing errors from time to time. They're all secondary sources of information and given there are often discrepancies between them, they must have slightly different methods of collecting the data. I see them as a mostly accurate guide but unless I physically go to the airport and check myself, I wouldn't be certain it's for real.

Comment

• These sites (including Libhomeradar, which does show 30 days' history) all scrape data off networks of spotters with receivers that can read things like ADB-S reports. There are lots of gaps in the data collection networks: Flightaware is especially bad in Asia, which -- as they point out -- is outside their service area (principally North america and Europe).

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    All sites that list flight information are capable of showing errors from time to time. They're all secondary sources of information and given there are often discrepancies between them, they must have slightly different methods of collecting the data. I see them as a mostly accurate guide but unless I physically go to the airport and check myself, I wouldn't be certain it's for real.
                    Flightradar is always accurate (It was before I took SQ15 back in June, checking what SQ16 would be, and going to the airport, reg was exactly what fr24 showed. Worked all the time with EK when I took it in 2011 and 2014/2015. Same when checking a family member's flight with no discrepancies).

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Flightradar is always accurate (It was before I took SQ15 back in June, checking what SQ16 would be, and going to the airport, reg was exactly what fr24 showed. Worked all the time with EK when I took it in 2011 and 2014/2015. Same when checking a family member's flight with no discrepancies).
                      While it has been pretty reliable over the last year or so, it was notoriously unreliable prior to that. I saw many flights where flightradar did not match what I saw at the airport or flew on myself and did not match with other sites. As Bitterroot has said, the data is harvested unofficially and depending on how good the coverage and quality of their volunteer servers are, conflicts will always emerge at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        While it has been pretty reliable over the last year or so, it was notoriously unreliable prior to that. I saw many flights where flightradar did not match what I saw at the airport or flew on myself and did not match with other sites. As Bitterroot has said, the data is harvested unofficially and depending on how good the coverage and quality of their volunteer servers are, conflicts will always emerge at some point.
                        I'm not going to waste my time arguing about this matter, but at least fr24 is accurate when it comes to planes out of service, especially for refits.

I hope the new OnAir Wifi gets installed on the 77Ws that especially don't have Wifi (Yes, that includes SWO which has no Wifi, that is getting refitted). Hope it will be time based

Comment

• Doing some counting based on regs on the 77W fleet, SWJ-T and SWU-NC would be 19 with PEY. It would be 19 if 9V-SWA-I are included instead of SWU-NA.

Seems like a good point that SQ could do away with not refitting SWA-I or refit them to 77WN configuration without PEY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyerfly View Post
                            Thanks SQfanatic and SQflyergirl ... hoping for the best but I guess 2006 C is still okay (but 2006 does make the product sound so old ). I also have SQ865 before 318 ... and SQ860 after 305 ... for sure I will get the 2006's on 860.

Pretty sure I will enjoy the SQ flights. What concerned me most is the hotel my company booked for me ... Le Meridien Piccadilly

I took PE on SQ A380 to SG last week ... it is miles ahead of CX's PE.
                            Got on 9V-SWZ on both SQ865 on 16th Jan and SQ318 on 17th Jan. Fabulous experience on both legs. Great seat and amazing crew ! Only regret is my 20A on 318 was lack of window
                            When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Comment

• After scoring row 11 A/K on my previous 77WN/R rides in J, I've finally flown new J in a non-bulkhead row.

At least in the seated position, I tend definitely prefer 2006 J, as you can sit facing forward and stick your feet straight ahead into the footwell (and be closer to the window). With the new seat one has to truly sit truly askew with legs at a 40+ degree angle to your back, and it's just not as comfortable IMO...

In the past I'd always chose a A/K seat over D/F when travelling alone, but now 11 D/F is preferable to a non-bulkhead window.

Comment

• Oh and tablecloths have gone AWOL from SIN-HKG on SQ2...

Comment

Working...
                                X