No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I flew SQ1 in F on December 12th and had the old product unfortunately.

Comment

• Hi all.

I have J booked on 30April SQ318 and 17May SQ319. (sin-lhr, lhr-sin)
      Both seating allocations when I try to choose a seats are in a cabin of 42 (not 48 as per the new product).

Does this mean it is an old J?? - or does the seating plan not mean much?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by prozerran View Post
        Hi all.

I have J booked on 30April SQ318 and 17May SQ319. (sin-lhr, lhr-sin)
        Both seating allocations when I try to choose a seats are in a cabin of 42 (not 48 as per the new product).

Does this mean it is an old J?? - or does the seating plan not mean much?

Thanks
        I believe SQ 318/319 is regularly scheduled for the 77WN product, barring ops constraint aside.

77WN has the exact same config as 77W, so the seat map will not mean anything

Comment

• Is SQ15/16 now operated by the new cabin products too? I saw what looks like to be 9V-SWZ at SFO operating SQ15. I may be wrong..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
            Is SQ15/16 now operated by the new cabin products too? I saw what looks like to be 9V-SWZ at SFO operating SQ15. I may be wrong..............
            Partially. SQ15/16 will get the new products when PE is added. Right now it's 2x a week (Sunday and Wednesday). The Monday flight gets it too in mid-February (first Monday with PE should be February 16). From March 15 onwards, the SQ15/16 flight pair becomes PE daily.

9V-SWZ has been a frequent visitor to SFO of late, but it's operating the SQ1/2 flight pair, which is a 77WN assignment.

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
              77WN has the exact same config as 77W, so the seat map will not mean anything
              except 57HK...which is present on the WN, absent on the original.

Comment

• Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
                Is SQ15/16 now operated by the new cabin products too? I saw what looks like to be 9V-SWZ at SFO operating SQ15. I may be wrong..............
                9V-SWU-Z and SNA are 77WNs that don't have PEY, and are configured the same way as 9V-SWA-I and 9V-SWP-T with the only difference being cabin products, and row 57 HK on the 77WN. SQ2/1 are operated by the 77WN daily.

The fact that 9V-SWZ has been a frequent visitor to SFO has to do with how many routes are using 77WN as of now (Right now, MEL, NRT, and LHR), and they're using two 77WN for rotation every 2 days, and no other regs that much for many reasons...inbound flight delayed, and so on...Sometimes LHR has gotten the older 77W with 2006 products. Things may change later this year when NRT's 77WN gets freed up, followed by LHR, and MEL (temporarily) at least from airlineroute.net

As for SQ16/15, it only flies the reconfigured 77WR twice a week this month (9V-SWJ-N, and 9V-SNB-C), and it will increase frequency once more 77WR come online. SQ's website has full details if you like to reference it. And those 77WR with PEY also have new cabin products.
                Last edited by SQfanatic; 12 January 2016, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  9V-SWU-Z and SNA are 77WNs that don't have PEY, and are configured the same way as 9V-SWA-I and 9V-SWP-T with the only difference being cabin products, and row 57 HK on the 77WN. SQ2/1 are operated by the 77WN daily.

The fact that 9V-SWZ has been a frequent visitor to SFO has to do with how many routes are using 77WN as of now (Right now, MEL, NRT, and LHR), and they're using two 77WN for rotation every 2 days, and no other regs that much for many reasons...inbound flight delayed, and so on...Sometimes LHR has gotten the older 77W with 2006 products. Things may change later this year when NRT's 77WN gets freed up, followed by LHR, and MEL (temporarily) at least from airlineroute.net
                  During the northern winter, when SQ 319 arrives SIN from LHR too late to turn to SQ 2 (unless 319 is early, which sometimes happens), it's the frame off SQ 1 which protects SQ 2. SQ 637 also arrives too late to make SQ 2, except on rare occasions.

With the northern summer schedule, it's usually the aircraft off SQ 319 that performs SQ 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                    During the northern winter, when SQ 319 arrives SIN from LHR too late to turn to SQ 2 (unless 319 is early, which sometimes happens), it's the frame off SQ 1 which protects SQ 2. SQ 637 also arrives too late to make SQ 2, except on rare occasions.

With the northern summer schedule, it's usually the aircraft off SQ 319 that performs SQ 2.
                    Yup, unless it's a maintenance thing too, like what happened back in December. That day from what I recall, SQ319 and SQ637 arrived late and the frame that did SQ1 was subbed to SQ866 as SWW, hence why SWQ did SQ2 that evening (Possibly because one of the 77WN were in maintenance). You also have to keep in mind, even the number of ad-hoc substitutions that have happened (Like recently DXB which SWU made it's turn right after SQ1 came from SFO/HKG) and rare cases CGK and MNL.

Probably one disadvantage of SQ having 77WN. Even SQ have a few more 77WR than 77WN which will be able to cover the SFO rotations come February and March once frequency increases even if one of the aircraft is taken out of service for maintenance).

Comment

• After 2 years of self-imposed travelling ban due to my new born (I really don't want to be away from her for more than 2 days haha !!), I have run out of excuses not to take business trips. In the intervene period I have dropped from CX DM to Silver. It's time to fly SQ again after almost 100% loyal to One World the last 5 yrs !!

I will take C on SQ318 on 17 Jan ... from the current seat map it looks like an un-retrofitted 77W (2 rolls of F according to dummy booking). Will get to sample the new C on the way back on SQ305. Hopefully no last min frame change on that one.

I want to resume TR posting ... will try my best ! (and there are a few trip reports that I started still not completed yet .. shame on me !)
                      Last edited by Flyerfly; 12 January 2016, 10:53 AM. Reason: typo
                      When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Comment

• Forgive me for asking, I used to be a regular consumer of SQ Talk but now I've lost track of the various configurations. Don't the newly retrofitted 77 have two rows of F ?

I'm on 318 soon and I'm really really hoping its the newer F class which keeps evading me.

Last time I tried for a route which regularly had the new F, (SIN-BOM Jan 2015) I had a horrible swap to a weird 777 with the older F but there was something strangely tatty about it. Perhaps it was the non -ER
                        Last edited by asheli; 12 January 2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyerfly View Post
                          I will take C on SQ318 on 17 Jan ... from the current seat map it looks like an un-retrofitted 77W (2 rolls of F according to dummy booking). Will get to sample the new C on the way back on SQ305. Hopefully no last min frame change on that one.
                          2 Rows of F doesn't mean you get old J. SQ318 is usually run with a WN - so if all goes well you'll have new J both ways. New J is available on both WR's and WN's

Comment

• Originally posted by asheli View Post
                            Forgive me for asking, I used to be a regular consumer of SQ Talk but now I've lost track of the various configurations. Don't the newly retrofitted 77 have two rows of F ?

I'm on 318 soon and I'm really really hoping its the newer F class which keeps evading me.

Last time I tried for a route which regularly had the new F, (SIN-BOM Jan 2015) I had a horrible swap to a weird 777 with the older F but there was something strangely tatty about it. Perhaps it was the non -ER
                            77W (Old) and 77WN - 2 rows of F (Enough evidence is confirmed through YT videos), and SQ's 77WN map is inaccurate with 1 row of F.

However, the 77WR has only 1 row of F which is correct and accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyerfly View Post
                              After 2 years of self-imposed travelling ban due to my new born (I really don't want to be away from her for more than 2 days haha !!), I have run out of excuses not to take business trips. In the intervene period I have dropped from CX DM to Silver. It's time to fly SQ again after almost 100% loyal to One World the last 5 yrs !!

I want to resume TR posting ... will try my best ! (and there are a few trip reports that I started still not completed yet .. shame on me !)
                              SQ306/305 operates with PEY daily, and I have not heard of any substitutions to equipment with 2006 products on that flight pair (Except 318/319 at times). That flight you will for sure get all new cabin products.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                                SQ306/305 operates with PEY daily, and I have not heard of any substitutions to equipment with 2006 products on that flight pair (Except 318/319 at times). That flight you will for sure get all new cabin products.
                                Thanks SQfanatic and SQflyergirl ... hoping for the best but I guess 2006 C is still okay (but 2006 does make the product sound so old ). I also have SQ865 before 318 ... and SQ860 after 305 ... for sure I will get the 2006's on 860.

Pretty sure I will enjoy the SQ flights. What concerned me most is the hotel my company booked for me ... Le Meridien Piccadilly

I took PE on SQ A380 to SG last week ... it is miles ahead of CX's PE.
                                When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Comment

Working...
                                X