Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Glad I wasn't imagining this one either as I swear I could see each pixel on the screen. I noted an interesting new addition to passenger information was a little pop-up message on everyone's IFE announcing that meal service was beginning and to return seats to their upright position. Was it effective with this passenger? Of course not...

If we all thought of reclining our seats as "borrowing" space from the passenger behind rather than a given entitlement, then flights would be more pleasant for everyone.
    Asking everyone to move the seat into the upright position is almost impossible really. I've been on both sides of the situation with the new products in Y.

I prefer not to eat in the air (I find it really helps recovery after long hauls), so more often than not, I have a do not disturb sticker attached to my seat. I'm more likely to be reclined and asleep during any particular meal service. Therefore I am not disturbed.

However, if I do awake during meal service I will re position the seat.

I don't think people should be made to feel less comfortable one way or the other, and with the new product, it seems someone is always at a disadvantage. Hindsight says the added recline can only be a good thing, but one would say that SIA did not carry out enough testing on this occasion.

Comment

• SQ 406/403 SIN-DEL-SIN has been on 77WN last few days and my flight next week on Tuesday's SQ403 is also showing as 77W although is not clear if it will be 77WN or not.

Comment

• I think if you're confused, the only way I can tell it's a 77WN is if Economy Class ends at row 57 as older 77W end at row 56. That explained why I didn't have the 77WN on SQ15/16

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
          I think if you're confused, the only way I can tell it's a 77WN is if Economy Class ends at row 57 as older 77W end at row 56. That explained why I didn't have the 77WN on SQ15/16
          Oh Kkkk.

Both expertflyer and SQ website are showing my flight as ending at row 56.
          So it's old 77W then.

I didn't know that they could fit more seats in the new version.

Let's see.

Comment

I think if you're confused, the only way I can tell it's a 77WN is if Economy Class ends at row 57 as older 77W end at row 56. That explained why I didn't have the 77WN on SQ15/16
            That's not quite right. 77WT ends at row 57. 77W/77WN end at row 56.

Comment

• According to seat maps, the older 77W shows up to Row 56 (A and K), but in the newer version, only up to 57 JK (Rest of it goes to row 56).

77WT (4-class) goes up to row 62 actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                Oh Kkkk.

Both expertflyer and SQ website are showing my flight as ending at row 56.
                So it's old 77W then.

I didn't know that they could fit more seats in the new version.

Let's see.
                Are you seeing row 57 JK in your check-in seat map? If so, you're on a 77WN, otherwise older 77W

Comment

Are you seeing row 57 JK in your check-in seat map? If so, you're on a 77WN, otherwise older 77W
                  I fly business class. I won't be able to see the economy section during check-in come the time.

Comment

According to seat maps, the older 77W shows up to Row 56 (A and K), but in the newer version, only up to 57 JK (Rest of it goes to row 56).

77WT (4-class) goes up to row 62 actually.
                    77WT is F4J48Y232
                    77WR is the 4-class bird....

Comment

I fly business class. I won't be able to see the economy section during check-in come the time.
                      According to the Boeing 777-300ER seat maps:

77WN: Starts from Row 11 and ends at Row 23

77W (Old): Starts from Row 11 and ends at Row 22

What are you seeing?

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
                        If I am not mistaken, you should see it from Nov 2015 when PE is introduced on that flight. The business class seats should be refitted.
                        Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                        Not at the moment no. Still 2006 products.

Thanks guys!!

Comment

According to the Boeing 777-300ER seat maps:

77WN: Starts from Row 11 and ends at Row 23

77W (Old): Starts from Row 11 and ends at Row 22

What are you seeing?
                          Current seat map is showing 11-22

So far, last 5-6 days, flights operating consistently with 77WN.
                          My flight is still next Tuesday.

Comment

Current seat map is showing 11-22

So far, last 5-6 days, flights operating consistently with 77WN.
                            My flight is still next Tuesday.
                            Hope you do get the 77WN. If not, let us know either way.

Comment

Hope you do get the 77WN. If not, let us know either way.
                              Didn't get, only today, got swapped with 9V-SWB, and 2 days ago even worse -9V-SYK, rest is showing at 77WN

So unfortunate, double strike last month and this month, downgraded to normal 77W.

Comment

• Wow sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get better luck next time. Hopefully more 77Ws will be refitted this year and the one you get should be a 77WN or a refitted 77W (with 77WN seats)

Comment

Working...
                                X