Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NoChanceToDance View Post
    Quite typically I get the oldest 77WN on SQ218 from MEL tonight. After several days of 9v-SNA and a day of 9v-SWZ, I was hopeful of getting one of the newest birds, but alas 9v-SWU just left SIN as SQ217.

I guess I shouldn't complain, but......
    haha I had the same luck in Feb when flying out of NRT on SQ637 and 9V-SWZ was servicing it 2 days in a row and had been put into service for about a week and on the day I flew I got 9V-SWU and the next day it was back to 9V-SWZ.

Even then I found 9V-SWU seat 11K was showing sign of wear and tear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
      Route changes for the 77WN aircraft effective 19 June:

SQ217/218 SIN -- MEL v v get the 77WN off 227/228 account A388 performing the latter until 20 July.

SQ638/637 SIN -- NRT v v get the 77WN off 231/222 account A388 performing the latter until reconfigured 77W (with PEY) takes over in early August.

No change to the current assignments on SQ318/319 and SQ2/1.
      On the 20th of July 227/228 returns to the 77W - does anyone know if this will be the 77WN, or will it be a hit and miss? I have a flight route 228 late july and was hoping it will be the 77WN

Thanks

Comment

• 9V-SWA and SWL have been inactive for a while now. I presume they are being refitted?

Comment

• With reference from SIA published Annual Report for FY 2014-15: " Installation work on the 19 earlier 777-300ERs will be completed on all aircraft by September 2016." Thats 1 year 2 month to go!

Comment

• Guys, i took sq865 hk-sin j class on 777-200

Surprisingly the hardware were all new on biz class and EY with touchscreen and psp look alike control. The passenger beside me and a couple infront of me were quite surprised too.

how come sq upgrade the hardware on the short haul flight and not the long haul ??

Comment

• SQ865 is operated by a 777-300ER not a 777-200. You will have got one of the new 777-300ER aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by magixxx View Post
                Guys, i took sq865 hk-sin j class on 777-200

Surprisingly the hardware were all new on biz class and EY with touchscreen and psp look alike control. The passenger beside me and a couple infront of me were quite surprised too.

how come sq upgrade the hardware on the short haul flight and not the long haul ??
                The reason is that the HKG flight fits nicely into the gap between two long-hauls. They can pair up a daily LHR flight and a daily HKG flight and give it two planes and it works well, which is what they are currently doing with the new refitted planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by hb13 View Post
                  On the 20th of July 227/228 returns to the 77W - does anyone know if this will be the 77WN, or will it be a hit and miss? I have a flight route 228 late july and was hoping it will be the 77WN

Thanks
                  Hit and miss. I've had three such flights and haven't had the new interior once. I don't care if it's SWU or SNA, I'd just like to experience it once!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    Hit and miss. I've had three such flights and haven't had the new interior once. I don't care if it's SWU or SNA, I'd just like to experience it once!
                    The experience is truly awesome! even in Y class! The panasonic ex3 with the new KrisWorld software is a beauty!

Comment

• Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
                      The experience is truly awesome! even in Y class! The panasonic ex3 with the new KrisWorld software is a beauty!
                      Finally I got the new product as scheduled! Was on 9V-SWZ and very shiny and new. Have to agree the new system is so much more intuitive and does away with that dreadfully lag-inducing navigator button which I have over the years learnt to automatically operate on a 90° angle. If you want to go back 30 secs in a film I found that better too.

The subtitle and language options didn't seem to be working- I think the content still has burned-in subtitles to make it compatible with the old system but it suggested to me that the new system is designed ready to handle files with multiple audio/subtitle languages which would be a fantastic development. Container file formats are getting slicker at handling these options- it's usually the players that don't know what to do with them.

What do people think of the Y seat physically? I liked the fabric as it tended to help my body breathe a little better not being so even in texture like the 2006 product, but other aspects didn't grab me so well. The bottom pad was almost falling off when I got to the seat and had to push it back in and re-velcro it. Maybe it was my imagination or bad luck, but when the person in front put her seat back, my knees really copped it. Overjoyed to be behind the type who slams it back the second the light goes out after take off and then whacked her full weight against it over and over to 'get comfortable'. It's never a good thing to sit behind but it did seem to be worse compared to the older 77W in what it did to my legroom.

Comment

• Hi there,

Would anybody know if SQ326/325 777 er has now the latest business class product??

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ1 View Post
                          Hi there,

Would anybody know if SQ326/325 777 er has now the latest business class product??

Thank you
                          Not at the moment no. Still 2006 products.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ1 View Post
                            Hi there,

Thank you
                            If I am not mistaken, you should see it from Nov 2015 when PE is introduced on that flight. The business class seats should be refitted.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              Finally I got the new product as scheduled! Was on 9V-SWZ and very shiny and new. Have to agree the new system is so much more intuitive and does away with that dreadfully lag-inducing navigator button which I have over the years learnt to automatically operate on a 90° angle. If you want to go back 30 secs in a film I found that better too.

The subtitle and language options didn't seem to be working- I think the content still has burned-in subtitles to make it compatible with the old system but it suggested to me that the new system is designed ready to handle files with multiple audio/subtitle languages which would be a fantastic development. Container file formats are getting slicker at handling these options- it's usually the players that don't know what to do with them.

What do people think of the Y seat physically? I liked the fabric as it tended to help my body breathe a little better not being so even in texture like the 2006 product, but other aspects didn't grab me so well. The bottom pad was almost falling off when I got to the seat and had to push it back in and re-velcro it. Maybe it was my imagination or bad luck, but when the person in front put her seat back, my knees really copped it. Overjoyed to be behind the type who slams it back the second the light goes out after take off and then whacked her full weight against it over and over to 'get comfortable'. It's never a good thing to sit behind but it did seem to be worse compared to the older 77W in what it did to my legroom.

Cannot believe with all of the flying you do, that this is your first experience of the new product. That said, we haven't exactly been blessed with much of the 77WN from MEL since its introduction.

Just landed off 9V-SWZ myself (SQ319 LHR - SIN). I have always enjoyed the new IFE, touch screen technology certainly the way to go. I, too became accustomed to using the old handset while stowed at a 90 degree angle, but the touch screen means I don't really use the new handset at all. SWZ is certainly looking a lot smarter that SWU, which is already looking much older than she is!

I'm in agreement with the seats, I'm not sure I feel as comfortable in the 77WN as I do in the current product in Y on the A380. Sure, the recline is great, but when the passenger in front fully reclines, and you haven't, the screen is almost touching your nose - very headache inducing.

Unfortunately my next leg is to ADL on an A333 in J, which I'm not a fan of.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoChanceToDance View Post
                                Sure, the recline is great, but when the passenger in front fully reclines, and you haven't, the screen is almost touching your nose - very headache inducing.
                                Glad I wasn't imagining this one either as I swear I could see each pixel on the screen. I noted an interesting new addition to passenger information was a little pop-up message on everyone's IFE announcing that meal service was beginning and to return seats to their upright position. Was it effective with this passenger? Of course not...

If we all thought of reclining our seats as "borrowing" space from the passenger behind rather than a given entitlement, then flights would be more pleasant for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X