Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
    I don't think 9V-SRO is being retired. Maybe you got mixed up of 9V-SVO, which is due to be returned to it's lessor sometime this year.
    Either way its not going to get the new cabin products.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
      Either way its not going to get the new cabin products.
      I really hope you're right. Although it'll be nice to have a refreshed cabin, the result in not doing so means the 777-200's will be retired sooner, which is even better news.

Comment

• any pics of the re-refitted 772?

Comment

• Originally posted by sqzulu View Post
          any pics of the re-refitted 772?
          To be honest, I don't even think SQ is "re-refitting" any of their 772's. If SQ is really doing a 2nd refit, won't there be an announcement or press release of some sort? And with the retirement of the "classic" 777's imminent, is it even economically viable for SQ to be spending more money on upgrading them if they are only going to be around for the next 2-3 years? I don't think so. At first I thought there could be a possibility of a 2nd refit, but now I see things don't add up.
          Last edited by jaywell; 18 June 2015, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• Route changes for the 77WN aircraft effective 19 June:

SQ217/218 SIN -- MEL v v get the 77WN off 227/228 account A388 performing the latter until 20 July.

SQ638/637 SIN -- NRT v v get the 77WN off 231/222 account A388 performing the latter until reconfigured 77W (with PEY) takes over in early August.

No change to the current assignments on SQ318/319 and SQ2/1.

Comment

To be honest, I don't even think SQ is "re-refitting" any of their 772's. If SQ is really doing a 2nd refit, won't there be an announcement or press release of some sort? And with the retirement of the "classic" 777's imminent, is it even economically viable for SQ to be spending more money on upgrading them if they are only going to be around for the next 2-3 years? I don't think so. At first I thought there could be a possibility of a 2nd refit, but now I see things don't add up.
              I think you are most probably correct, especially with the SV series that have only just gone through their first refit. If there is to be any final refitting done of the old 772s, it really can't happen until the 77W refit occurs first to free up the old 2006 seats which are suggested to be being salvaged and used. As of now only SWJ has lost its seats which isn't exactly a large supply.

Any refitting would also occur after the PE roll-out. SQ won't want their old 772s tied up at the exact same time as their ambitious PE rollout across the A380 fleet and complete refit across the 77W fleet. Such a time is when you want your old surplus planes to be primed and ready to fill in when something goes wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                Route changes for the 77WN aircraft effective 19 June:

SQ217/218 SIN -- MEL v v get the 77WN off 227/228 account A388 performing the latter until 20 July.

SQ638/637 SIN -- NRT v v get the 77WN off 231/222 account A388 performing the latter until reconfigured 77W (with PEY) takes over in early August.

I will be flying SQ638 to NRT on 4 Aug 2015. That will be great news if it is true!

Based on SQ booking website, SQ638/637 will be a 773ER from now till 14 July. I am booked on the A388 and SQ website still shows A388 for first week of Aug and from 15th of July. Will there be sufficient capacity if the A388 is "downsize" to a 77WN? SQ638 tends to be high payload flight...
                Last edited by iancasillas; 19 June 2015, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                  Route changes for the 77WN aircraft effective 19 June:

Please let it be true!!

I had two 77WN flights booked and the first one (SQ227 in April) lost the 77WN in a last minute reshuffle. My second (SQ228 in June) lost the 77WN ages ago when they upgauged it to the A380.

Now I have a chance to get the 77WN on SQ217 on 11JUL. It's my least favourite flight and it's going to be packed full, so this would be a nice little bit of relief if it's true!

(Just checked flight records for SQ217 today and it's SWU!!

Comment

• According to Flightradar24, SNA has again being deployed for SQ638 for the past two days. SQ638 was served by 77W for the past weeks.

I'm wondering when will we have the official list of 77W that has completed the retrofit program. The whole switching here and there is so messy and confusing!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      Please let it be true!!

I had two 77WN flights booked and the first one (SQ227 in April) lost the 77WN in a last minute reshuffle. My second (SQ228 in June) lost the 77WN ages ago when they upgauged it to the A380.

Now I have a chance to get the 77WN on SQ217 on 11JUL. It's my least favourite flight and it's going to be packed full, so this would be a nice little bit of relief if it's true!

(Just checked flight records for SQ217 today and it's SWU!!
                      I was delighted seeing SWU on SQ217 today, I'm leaving MEL on SQ218 on the 2nd July. Fingers crossed for a 77WN!

Comment

• Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
                        According to Flightradar24, SNA has again being deployed for SQ638 for the past two days. SQ638 was served by 77W for the past weeks.

I'm wondering when will we have the official list of 77W that has completed the retrofit program. The whole switching here and there is so messy and confusing!
                        The 77Ws that have completed their refit program with the 2013 seats are:
                        • 9V-SWJ (Star Alliance Livery)
                        • 9V-SWU
                        • 9V-SWV
                        • 9V-SWW
                        • 9V-SWY
                        • 9V-SWZ
                        • 9V-SNA

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                          • 9V-SWU
                          • 9V-SWV
                          • 9V-SWW
                          • 9V-SWY
                          • 9V-SWZ
                          • 9V-SNA
                          Do you know when the rest of the 777-300ER's are due to get their refits? It seems to be progressing at a very slow rate. I expected 2-3 aircraft to get refitted per month.

Comment

Do you know when the rest of the 777-300ER's are due to get their refits? It seems to be progressing at a very slow rate. I expected 2-3 aircraft to get refitted per month.
                            We believe SWK is currently undergoing the refit. Between now and the end of the year is going to be rather chaotic I think and likely we will see some interesting swaps when things go wrong and available aircraft are tight.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                              • 9V-SWU
                              • 9V-SWV
                              • 9V-SWW
                              • 9V-SWY
                              • 9V-SWZ
                              • 9V-SNA
                              Erm that means only SWJ has completed the refit as SWU to SNA are brand new 773ER delivered to SIA at Boeing Everett delivery centre.

Comment

• Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
                                Erm that means only SWJ has completed the refit as SWU to SNA are brand new 773ER delivered to SIA at Boeing Everett delivery centre.
                                Correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X