Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NoChanceToDance View Post
    I apologise if this has been asked (and answered) before, but when does SNA start service? It's been in Singapore several days now.
    I heard it's flying to narita now...

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
      I heard it's flying to narita now...
      It seems so. And the lucky recipient of the extra 77WN is SQ306 to LHR.

MEL is scheduled to get 77WN on 29MAR, but I've worked out that this has nothing to do with the arrival of new craft. At this time, NRT goes from 77WN to A380. The A380 comes off AKL (that didn't last long!) and they presumably get the standard 77W off MEL, and MEL gets the 77WN off NRT.

The extra 77WNs seem to be headed for HKG/SFO and the second LHR 77W flight pair (SQ306/5).

So far we've seen AMS upgraded to 77W as well as a flight pair to MNL. I'm wondering where else this now much larger pool of standard 77Ws is going to start servicing, now that so many previous flights have been upgraded to the 77WN.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post

MEL is scheduled to get 77WN on 29MAR, but I've worked out that this has nothing to do with the arrival of new craft. At this time, NRT goes from 77WN to A380. The A380 comes off AKL (that didn't last long!) and they presumably get the standard 77W off MEL, and MEL gets the 77WN off NRT.

The extra 77WNs seem to be headed for HKG/SFO and the second LHR 77W flight pair (SQ306/5).

So far we've seen AMS upgraded to 77W as well as a flight pair to MNL. I'm wondering where else this now much larger pool of standard 77Ws is going to start servicing, now that so many previous flights have been upgraded to the 77WN.
        I booked a redemption ticket from AMS in Jan. 2016... is the AMS upgrade permanent ? I just would be so pi&^%ed to fly on a 772

Comment

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
          I booked a redemption ticket from AMS in Jan. 2016... is the AMS upgrade permanent ? I just would be so pi&^%ed to fly on a 772
          are you in F or in J?

the J class to AMS is most likely the retrofitted 772 anyway if the 77W is given up. So there is no downgrade

If you are in F, then I guess you can ask them to reroute you through the Suites routes like CDG with waiver of miles top up to the more expensive european zone.

Comment

I guess this means my chances of a 77WN tomorrow on 228 (and on 227 on Monday) are slim?!

Comment

I apologise if this has been asked (and answered) before, but when does SNA start service? It's been in Singapore several days now.
              Started last night, servicing NRT as SQ638 and back to SIN today as SQ637

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
                Started last night, servicing NRT as SQ638 and back to SIN today as SQ637
                Yes correct and in a few hours time she will be serving Sydney on SQ231, how nice to fly a brand new aircraft. I flew 9V-SWW last week on J and she didn't look too new.

Comment

I guess this means my chances of a 77WN tomorrow on 228 (and on 227 on Monday) are slim?!
                  I wish you the best of luck! Hey, you've probably got better luck than if you were flying to AMS or FRA.

Comment

I wish you the best of luck! Hey, you've probably got better luck than if you were flying to AMS or FRA.

No luck today - I've got SWH

Fingers crossed for 227 on Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                      Yes correct and in a few hours time she will be serving Sydney on SQ231, how nice to fly a brand new aircraft. I flew 9V-SWW last week on J and she didn't look too new.
                      I was on SWW a few times in the last six months - was pretty good then. Must have got hammered recently.

Comment

I was on SWW a few times in the last six months - was pretty good then. Must have got hammered recently.
                        Well I saw few scratches on seat 15K and some lil mark on carpet. But the rest room was bright and clean. Perhaps I must try A350's launching which will be a brand new aircraft. Any idea when?

Comment

9V-SWZ performing SQ2-18th following 9V-SWW which performed SQ2-17th/SQ1-18th (regular Tuesday turn). This is the first Wednesday/Thursday turn for SQ2/SQ1 with 77WN.

Comment

Very short-term: Effective 6 April, 638/637 go back to 77W(N) -- except on 1 May.

Correction: already back to 77WN. A380 rotation cancelled.............

16 July through 9 September, 638 and 637 are once again -- for a while -- to be performed by A380s.

A lot of this later assignment juggling has to do with the PEY refits, and the assignment of the first of those frames from early August......................
                            Last edited by Bitterroot; 22 March 2015, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                              are you in F or in J?

the J class to AMS is most likely the retrofitted 772 anyway if the 77W is given up. So there is no downgrade

If you are in F, then I guess you can ask them to reroute you through the Suites routes like CDG with waiver of miles top up to the more expensive european zone.
                              I'm in F and it shows a 77W at the time of booking. I guess if the there is an aircraft swap to the spacebed 772, I'll be rerouted through somewhere else in Europe as those have not first class ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
                                I'm in F and it shows a 77W at the time of booking. I guess if the there is an aircraft swap to the spacebed 772, I'll be rerouted through somewhere else in Europe as those have not first class ?
                                It wouldn't downgrade to the old Spacebeds- if anything to a refitted 772ER which has the same J seat as the 77W more or less.

I think this time the AMS upgrade to 77W is likely to last given they now have so many more 77W to utilise. Previous upgrades (there have been so many!) seemed to have stretched the previously smaller 77W pool just a bit too far.

Comment

Working...
                                X