Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    JNB is meant to get refitted 772s and assuming during seat selection etc. it showed the 1-2-1 refitted layout, did they not offer any form of compensation for copping an old non-refit on this particular flight?

I'm a Y flyer and likely to always remain so, mostly by choice. If I'd paid the price commanded by J class, however, and got a 13 year old interior and a completely different product from what I expected, I wouldn't be overly thrilled. Especially if I thought to myself, had I paid the same price to fly the day before, where the flight was assigned a refitted craft as expected, I would be getting a totally different experience for the same price.
    Yup, you hit the nail on head SQ228, the online checkin the day before showed the refurb 1-2-1, only when she got on board she realized there had been an aircraft swap. To answer your question, indeed she was not "overly thrilled" to say the least She complained to the crew knowing that there's nothing they can do. She filled a feedback form and will follow suit with an email. And no, nothing was offered as a compensation on board. We will see what SQ will do. My best guess is an answer like "operational constraints ya di ya da", followed by "sorry but we hope to serve yo again soon", and that's it.
    Anyway, she got over it quickly, there are more important things in life

Comment

• Hmmm... Seems today MEL has managed to pinch the 77WN off SYD...

SQ227/8 flown by SWU, SYD bumped back to a regular 77W!

(Those who understand the MEL-SYD relationship will understand why this is seen as some kind of victory )

Comment

• SYD did have SWY 3 days in a row prior to that. SWU is on it's way to SYD currently.

Interestingly SQ638/637 got a downgrade to 9V-SYK on the yesterday
        Last edited by SQ218; 7 December 2014, 04:58 AM. Reason: added the SQ637 info

Comment

• My flight in SQ638 ON 5DEC was swopped to a 773A. Not even the "old" 77W was used.

Disappointed.

And icargonet was still showing 9V-SWU about half an hour before departure

Comment

• Originally posted by RCTP View Post
            My flight in SQ638 ON 5DEC was swopped to a 773A. Not even the "old" 77W was used.

Disappointed.

And icargonet was still showing 9V-SWU about half an hour before departure
            icargonet used to be pretty reliable but lately I've found so much conflicting data on there. Not data that conflicts with other sites but conflicts within its own data, such as corresponding flight details that don't match the details of the corresponding flight at all.

Comment

• 15-Dec-2014 SQ227

Hi,
              singaporeair.com says on the 15-Dec-2014 SQ227:

The Boeing 777-300ER aircraft is fitted with Singapore Airlines’ new range of cabin products including First and Business Class seats with fully flat beds, a more spacious Economy Class, and an enhanced KrisWorld inflight entertainment system.

Can the new cabin product really already be expected on this route?

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/sq227/

9V-SWU was the only exception on 05.12.2014 so far...

Thanks,
              MAB

Comment

• 77WN starts on SQ227/228 from March 29, 2015 according to a few sources.

Comment

• I flew 9v-sww out of Sydney just before Christmas. Those new aircraft are so comfortable, even in Y.

Flying out of LHR on New Years Day on SQ319, so should get one of the new birds there, too.

Comment

• According to planespotters.net, after 9V-SWZ, the next 77WN will be registered as 9V-SNA.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      According to planespotters.net, after 9V-SWZ, the next 77WN will be registered as 9V-SNA.

Saw a picture of the 9V-SWZ "being moved out of paint" as captioned by the owner. https://www.flickr.com/photos/woodys...n/photostream/

Comment

• Originally posted by stan1028 View Post
                        Saw a picture of the 9V-SWZ "being moved out of paint" as captioned by the owner.
                        Thanks for the link, stan1028!

I browsed through a few more pictures in this flickr album (belonging to Woodys Aeroimages), and I found this picture of 9V-OJA...

Comment

• Interersting that SWZ is so advanced in the process. The arrival of the 5th craft is meant to allow SQ227/8 to get the 77WN but this is not officially slated to occur until very late in March. I'm on SQ227 on 23JAN and then SQ228 on 07MAR, so fingers crossed...

At some point these new planes should be freeing up some of the original 77W fleet to commence refitting. I think the last news I read was suggestive of a plane-per-month process.

Comment

• Originally posted by stan1028 View Post
                            Saw a picture of the 9V-SWZ "being moved out of paint" as captioned by the owner. https://www.flickr.com/photos/woodys...n/photostream/
                            Gorgeously shiny and new!

Comment

• Interesting that it's a 787-9. I thought Scoot had ordered 787-8s? Apologies if I'm out of the loop on this.

Comment

• Sod's law dictates that we got a 77WN to MAN yesterday, on the day I flew out for the first time on CX's new MAN-HKG service.

That'll learn ya!.

Comment

Working...
                                X