No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this news is well timed. I found it interesting to fly on both SWE and SWT last week. The interior of SWE seemed to be much more worn and in need of an upgrade than SWT which is two years younger than the first crop of 77Ws.

All of SWA-SWG will celebrate their 8th birthdays at the end of this year and that represents a lot of wear and tear on those cabin fittings. These refits will also be good news for when they reach 15 years and confined to CGK shuttles- at least the passengers will have a better seat to occupy than those on the notorious SQF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
      Entire 77W fleet to be refitted with the latest products.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...or-boeing-777s

No mention of A380s, which is odd considering that the A380 is more of a flagship aircraft and has more years left in them than the first batch of 77Ws. Perhaps SQ is waiting on a new Suites product for a refit, if there is going to be a new Suites product at all.
      Good news. Its also good news they are upgrading the IFE and Y cabin. Something they didn't do last time.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
        One possible reason could be that it was cheaper to get the new product into the 77Ws first as the seats have already been certified in that aircraft (since the new 77Ws are factory-fitted with those) and the retrofit process would possibly be less complex owing to the similarities between the cabin layout and configurations of the older and newer batches of 77Ws.

I am guessing they will announce plans for the A380s in due course since there are five new ones arriving from 2017.
        i'm pretty a new refresh of cabin interior will be timed for the A380 launch in 2017. The refresh will probably be for the A350s as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          I think this news is well timed. I found it interesting to fly on both SWE and SWT last week. The interior of SWE seemed to be much more worn and in need of an upgrade than SWT which is two years younger than the first crop of 77Ws.

All of SWA-SWG will celebrate their 8th birthdays at the end of this year and that represents a lot of wear and tear on those cabin fittings. These refits will also be good news for when they reach 15 years and confined to CGK shuttles- at least the passengers will have a better seat to occupy than those on the notorious SQF!

Comment

• Thought I would bump this with what I thought about the new seats in Y.
            Flew SQ638 SIN-NRT MAY25, thought the seat was pretty good. Plane still had a bit of new plane smell. Seats were a little hard to recline, but that might be cause it's a new plane. The seats offered quite a bit of recline, and the seat bottom tilts down to offer a little more angle. I personally thought the footrest needed to be a little wider, found it a little awkward for my liking. IFE was really good(eX2?), definitely the best system I've come across so far. Touch screen was really responsive, selection was quite good. Resolution seemed HD, maybe 720p. Was provided with a small amenity bag, contained socks and toothbrush, if I'm not mistaken it's the standard SQ Y amenity kit. Food service was something that needed to be improved, the first meal which was a wrap was hopeless, and the pre-land meal(breakfast) was either deep fried fish in a soy based sauce with rice or the standard western breakfast. Neither option was really appealing.

I did get a peek at the J cabin on my way in/out, the seats seemed to be very comfortable. Didn't seem overly wide which was what I thought when I saw the press photos. There was a little cubby hole for your feet when you go to sleep mode which went into the armrest of the seat in front.

*Edit* 77WN designated aircraft are scheduled to fly SQ637/638 as per May issue of Silverkris, page 80.
            Last edited by cyralax; 26 May 2014, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cyralax View Post
              Thought I would bump this with what I thought about the new seats in Y.
              Flew SQ638 SIN-NRT MAY25, thought the seat was pretty good. Plane still had a bit of new plane smell. Seats were a little hard to recline, but that might be cause it's a new plane. The seats offered quite a bit of recline, and the seat bottom tilts down to offer a little more angle. I personally thought the footrest needed to be a little wider, found it a little awkward for my liking. IFE was really good(eX2?), definitely the best system I've come across so far. Touch screen was really responsive, selection was quite good. Resolution seemed HD, maybe 720p. Was provided with a small amenity bag, contained socks and toothbrush, if I'm not mistaken it's the standard SQ Y amenity kit. Food service was something that needed to be improved, the first meal which was a wrap was hopeless, and the pre-land meal(breakfast) was either deep fried fish in a soy based sauce with rice or the standard western breakfast. Neither option was really appealing.

I did get a peek at the J cabin on my way in/out, the seats seemed to be very comfortable. Didn't seem overly wide which was what I thought when I saw the press photos. There was a little cubby hole for your feet when you go to sleep mode which went into the armrest of the seat in front.

*Edit* 77WN designated aircraft are scheduled to fly SQ637/638 as per May issue of Silverkris, page 80.
              It's a 7hr flight and usually will have a short refreshement + a hot breakfast I had a similar wrap before on this flight and thought it was not too bad; the Japanese breakfastis usually good, at least in my opinion.

Comment

• I am fortunate enough to have new biz class seat last sunday 25th may from London to Singapore as SQ 319, indeed in my itenery it shows B777 300 ER.

I like it compared to the previous one, what i like:
                * not to wide, just wide enough
                * relatively more comfortable in seating position.
                * very nice ambiance, good design, very tastefull.
                * new entertainment system with excellent touch streen navigator

What i still don't like
                * i could not find the most comfortable seating position as i enjoy on other seat model (like in CX, GA B777 300 ER)
                * i have to decide either i want to be in seating or sleeping position, as i still have to get up and pull up the seat to be in bed position. For me it's a bit too much effort
                * i found the screen is too closed from my eyes, so i could not watch tv in seating position, it makes me dizzy, ( maybe i need + eye glasses alraedy?), i only can watch tv in sleeping position. Hmmm again too much effort just to watch TV. Is is only me who feel this way?

So in summary, significantly better product, but still does not solve my issues regarding screen being too closed from my eyes, and extra effort to change from seating to sleeping position and vv.

On singapore to jakarta sector, i met my old favourite seat, the sky bead, which i found much much much better and much more comfortable in seating position.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
                Last edited by djjlo; 28 May 2014, 04:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vbarberini View Post
                  My major complaint though is the new KrisWorld. It is not an improvement. The navigation is non-intuitive, with the user often forced to fumble around between the touch screen and the onscreen cursor control. I work in IT and had great difficulty finding audio tracks that were featured in the KrisWorld Magazine. I dread to think how difficult it will prove to be for non-tech savvy customers. Hopefully SQ can iron this our with some software revisions.

Overall the new 777 First is a great evolutionary product. I'm sure it will serve well until the next generation of First/Suites comes on line.
                  I just tried the new seat onboard NRT-SIN and I also agree with this point. I was having difficulty handling the touch-screen remote and one of my major problem is that it is too sensitive. I was trying to rest and accidentally touched the remote a few times, causing the screen to be switched on!

In addition, I prefer the Suites when in sleeping position as I found that I still had to sleep diagonally given that I was in 1D. The padding, duvet, and bolster in Suites are also superior to that of the new F-seat.

Despite these "complaints", I concur with the observation that the seat looks better in real-life than in pictures. I am very impressed with the quality of the finishing and I like the F seat best when in lounging position. It is also wider than the Suites such that it can accommodate my wife and my almost 2-years old daughter with some room to spare.

Comment

• There is a new feature that SQ just launched yesterday (according to the IFS) which is the Live TV. This service will be very welcomed during the World Cup season!

Comment

• Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                      There is a new feature that SQ just launched yesterday (according to the IFS) which is the Live TV. This service will be very welcomed during the World Cup season!
                      Really? Probably just BBC News or worse Channel News Asia.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                        Really? Probably just BBC News or worse Channel News Asia.
                        Channel 5 perhaps?
                        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• I may have a SIN-LHR-SIN coming up at the end of July.

May I know if all the 777-300ER flights on this route have the new cabin (i.e. 77WN and not 77W)? If not, does anyone know which flights to/from LHR are operated with the new cabin product?

Thanks in advance for any info...

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                            I may have a SIN-LHR-SIN coming up at the end of July.

May I know if all the 777-300ER flights on this route have the new cabin (i.e. 77WN and not 77W)? If not, does anyone know which flights to/from LHR are operated with the new cabin product?

Thanks in advance for any info...
                            yflyer, you need to get on SQ318/319.

Comment

• All that the three new planes do are SQ318/9 to LHR and SQ637/8 to NRT. Very occasionally they get sent somewhere else in the very long gaps inbetween.

If another flight pair sees them often, it's SQ950/3 to CGK. A few months ago, these flights had the worst plane in the fleet on a daily basis (old SQF)- now they frequently get one of the best.

Personally I think their new interiors are being underutilised and concentrated too heavily on a couple of markets at the expense of giving more customers a taste of the new product.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                All that the three new planes do are SQ318/9 to LHR and SQ637/8 to NRT. Very occasionally they get sent somewhere else in the very long gaps inbetween.

If another flight pair sees them often, it's SQ950/3 to CGK. A few months ago, these flights had the worst plane in the fleet on a daily basis (old SQF)- now they frequently get one of the best.

Personally I think their new interiors are being underutilised and concentrated too heavily on a couple of markets at the expense of giving more customers a taste of the new product.
                                Also on BOM: I got the 77WN 3 times on SIN-BOM until end May before that flight switched to A380.

Comment

Working...
                                X