Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many op-ups have you gotten? report them here! Share your joy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me on traitor air from HKG TO SIN 28/12/06 CX 735 A330 From Y to J
    and SQ 15 From ICN to SIN 15/11/07 77W from Y to P
    and on AF 257 SIN to CDG 77W 19/06/07 from Y to P
    and EK 404 (18/11/07)/ EK 405 (28/11/07) SIN to MEL and BACK A340 from Y to R (like sq i took the new EK suites!)

still the best is the SQ flight and the EK flight...

the best method... look pitiful or talk your way!

Comment

From Y to P... wow!

Good on ya A350!

Comment

Congrats, A350! You sure are lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
          Many congrats upright man - look forward to some photos now!!
          Well, I took a few blurry pics, will post them some other time.
          Overall I felt QF F wasn't that special a product; the pyjamas/slippers are nice (but I have one set already), and the amenity kit was quite basic.
          Noticed when I checked my account on QFF though that the op-up was stated on the record - that's quite nice and I printed it out as a souvenir.
          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

well, look for those check in people who is friendly and in a good mood!

Comment

Originally posted by A350 View Post
              In which airport is this generally true? And Y to P? Really?

I'll buy you a drink if you let me accompany you on your next flight so I can observe the Op-Up Master in action. I wanna see what "looking pitiful" or "talking your way" entails.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

and EK 404 (18/11/07)/ EK 405 (28/11/07) SIN to MEL and BACK A340 from Y to R (like sq i took the new EK suites!)

I can't quite put my finger on what's missing here....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  I can't quite put my finger on what's missing here....
                  Hmmm. I think I can. Might be my imagination running wild, though.

Comment

me on traitor air from HKG TO SIN 28/12/06 CX 735 A330 From Y to J

Congratulation, A350 ! I have never got a 2 class upgrade before. Did you pay a full Y fare for your tickets? There is a belief here that when you ask SQ for an upgrade, you will almost certainly not get one. So, how pitiful and convincing does one need to get?

Comment

• yes... full Y fare... and yea... FROM Y TO P. because

jjpb3 well, for me, i notice MEL likes to give upgrades

the SQ one was because my friend (who was with me on the trip) dad was the pilot flying. so free upgrade

UMD ok... for i kind of think it is true... most of the time, i will say that i have never tried P class and come out with some story. usually they will pity you unless you get those senior people. (the junior ones will usually give you if they have seats on P or J)

hope this help

GOLDEN RULE : DON'T TALK ABOUT YOUR PREVIOUS J OR P CLASS EXPERIENCE OR SAY BYE-BYE TO YOUR UPGRADE! (learnt that the hard way)

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        In which airport is this generally true? And Y to P? Really?

I'll buy you a drink if you let me accompany you on your next flight so I can observe the Op-Up Master in action. I wanna see what "looking pitiful" or "talking your way" entails.
                        Well jjpb3 not the next flight. coz i flying on 3K to BKK (no money) when i fly to MEL this june... i take a video for you guys (if i have the cash)

Comment

• Originally posted by A350 View Post
                          yes... full Y fare... and yea... FROM Y TO P. because

jjpb3 well, for me, i notice MEL likes to give upgrades

the SQ one was because my friend (who was with me on the trip) dad was the pilot flying. so free upgrade

UMD ok... for i kind of think it is true... most of the time, i will say that i have never tried P class and come out with some story. usually they will pity you unless you get those senior people. (the junior ones will usually give you if they have seats on P or J)
                          Good on you, getting the op-up due to staff privileges. I think, though, that those connections had much more to do with the op-up than being able to find the sympathetic checkin agent. Particularly at MEL, I thought SQ's operations are handled by a sub-contractor, so that agents' leeway in granting two-class upgrades would be much more constrained?
                          Well jjpb3 not the next flight. coz i flying on 3K to BKK (no money) when i fly to MEL this june... i take a video for you guys (if i have the cash)
                          Do let me know. My flights are so idiosyncratic, our schedules just might coincide. Of course, any video of First Class would always be appreciated on SQT , so please shoot that video for us regardless of whether I can meet up with you.

Comment

• Upgraded on SQ

I am ecstatic. I did try an upgrade redemption on 17 Feb SQ318 SIN-LHR but let it lapsed due to ticketing time limit and me being busy with other things.

Upon checking in at the airport, I requested an emergency exit aisle seat but was told the flight was over booked. That fact did not tweak anything on my mind. Boarding commenced for PPS and I was prepared to settle for a long haul in Y. When I got to my seat 36C, just as I was about to put my bag up, a young looking ground staff came rushing in. She gave me a new BP and guess what. It was a Blue one with 11K. Oh yeah....my first ever Op-Up to J on SQ. THANK YOU SQ. THANK YOU PPS.

So so sweet..... I had a wonderful crew (FS N.Y and LS ?). I noted that for meal service, PPS pax were asked first.

Comment

• Ahh well done SQFAN!

It was completely full in Business Class on that flight wasn't it?

Comment

• Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X