Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many op-ups have you gotten? report them here! Share your joy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a nice Christmas present from SQ tonight... when boarding for the flight SIN --> SGN they scanned my BP and the message "INVOL UPGD" appeared on the screen. Then the same thing happened for Mrs matt_will_fix_it too

Both are KF*G and it was on a cheapo 2 to go fare.

Also flight was on 9V-SVA which is equipped with Spacebeds - I thought that was strange for such a short flight. I would have thought this route would be served by the 9V-SR seried (Y=293) so I'm guessing the equipment change meant there were less seats in Y (Y=255). Flight went out full in both J & Y.
    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
      Also flight was on 9V-SVA which is equipped with Spacebeds - I thought that was strange for such a short flight. I would have thought this route would be served by the 9V-SR seried (Y=293) so I'm guessing the equipment change meant there were less seats in Y (Y=255). Flight went out full in both J & Y.
      I thought SIN-SGN is served by the Spacebed-equipped fleet almost everytime?

Comment

• Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
        I thought SIN-SGN is served by the Spacebed-equipped fleet almost everytime?
        Not sure - first time on this route. Maybe one of the more seasoned visitors to SGN can confirm.
        matt_will_fix_it

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
          Not sure - first time on this route. Maybe one of the more seasoned visitors to SGN can confirm.
          As far as I know, it has been regularly SV-series aircraft.
          Not sure if that has changed recently as aircraft deployed on some flights are more fluid than others.

Comment

• Never on SQ,

Only on NH, and UA

Comment

• I got the Spacebed on SIN-SGN end of November, and I recall previously it was Spacebed-equipped too, in April this year.

Comment

• I've done well in excess of 50 SIN-SGN or vv flights in J on SQ and on only three occassions has it been on anything other than a SpaceBed bird, including the last one which was a 3 class regional 773.

On a few occassions I've had the same a/c bring me in from MAN or SGN and then take me on to SGN or MAN.

Comment

• SQ 185/186 would be the flights most likely to be served by the regional configuration (in my experience), happened twice out of 4 times for me, but then again, I usually take the 173/178 flights which have been SV* 100% of the time.

Comment

• What a great xmas its been for me, I was Op-up'd (to F) from SIN/MNL on the 23rd Dec, and today I get up'd to F again on the ICN/SFO flight... This is the 3rd and 4th op-up in the 5 years as QPPS, but 2 within a week, surely that's a record?

Thanks SQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Jages View Post
                      What a great xmas its been for me, I was Op-up'd (to F) from SIN/MNL on the 23rd Dec, and today I get up'd to F again on the ICN/SFO flight... This is the 3rd and 4th op-up in the 5 years as QPPS, but 2 within a week, surely that's a record?

Thanks SQ
                      You lucky bloke. I about the same length as QPPS and I got none. I have grown to the point of no longer expecting an upgrade. You sure you are not TPPS?

Comment

• This past Christmas season must have pushed SQ's revenue management software to its limit. My friend, who has zero status, got a Y-J upgrade on his DXB-SIN flight. He was sooo grateful, and couldn't stop grinning about it.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• ARN-LHR on BA yesterday evening.

I boarded early and was comfortably ensconced in an emex seat. I feared the worst when somebody came along with a BP with the same seat and mentioned that she's a standby pax. Crew took both BPs and later gave me back mine with the words "Here's your new seat".

So I swapped a window seat - with bags of leg room and nice sandwiches and a choccie bar - for a cramped aisle seat and a cheap ready meal. And it was a full flight, all the luggage bins were full so I had to restow my case back in Y (and fight against the hordes to reach it after landing).

Comment

• SQ: My first op-up on SQ was when i was flying SIN-MEL in 2006, it was the star alliance 773, got to the counter and tey said oh these are your new seats, and my parents and i got upgraded to Business from Econ. Then in 2007 the first time i went overseas by myself. I specifically booked on the 77W out of MEL in economy. When i got to the gate, i was called to the desk with a whole bunch of people and we all got upgraded to Business. I rang all my aviation friends saying IVE BEEN UPGRADED TO THE NEW BUSINESS CLASS!! OH MY GOD! hahaha

QF/CX/BA: My father is a QF chairmans club member so we used to always be the first ones upgraded whenever we flew international on One World. I specifically a time when we were flying LHR-SIN on a BA 744 and we upgraded from econ to premium econ (a mild upgrade ). Reason i remember it was we got let into the "concorde lounge" or something, the lounge that over looked where the concordes parked and all the concorde passengers relaxed, and i ran into Bernie Eccelstone (Owner of F1).

Comment

• Got Silver a few months back and my first flight since, BNE-SIN both myself and my wife got an upgrade from Y to J.

Shame it wasn't the SIN-LHR section, but we certainly didn't complain! I'm Gold now so here's hoping for another upgrade next time...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ77WMEL View Post
                                QF/CX/BA: My father is a QF chairmans club member so we used to always be the first ones upgraded whenever we flew international on One World. I specifically a time when we were flying LHR-SIN on a BA 744 and we upgraded from econ to premium econ (a mild upgrade ). Reason i remember it was we got let into the "concorde lounge"
                                If I understand correctly, holding that card allows you access to the Concorde Room anyway regardless of being upgraded or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X