Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQN has been out for about 10 days. Could be heavy maintenance or might include a cabin refresh. SRQ has also been down 3 days which could explain a few of the odd movements involving SVF. It had just come back from doing some of the annual army charters to ROK, then it headed to HKG one day and now there are indications that it will be flying to IST tonight.

Comment

• We need to update the fleet list with the 77W refits :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        We need to update the fleet list with the 77W refits :-)
        Yup.

Also, I think SWW may be in line for a 77WR conversion. It has not seem to have flown any other routes after SQ328/327 recently. I can however be wrong but let's wait and see if this is determined to be true.

SWY is still not flying, so we are in Week 3 since two Saturdays ago and in another 3 weeks it'll hatch as a 77WR.
        Last edited by SQfanatic; 10 September 2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          SQN has been out for about 10 days. Could be heavy maintenance or might include a cabin refresh. SRQ has also been down 3 days which could explain a few of the odd movements involving SVF. It had just come back from doing some of the annual army charters to ROK, then it headed to HKG one day and now there are indications that it will be flying to IST tonight.
          I think either SQN or SRQ could be on the way to NokScoot based on this article http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...n-revival-plan

The article suggests 3 additional 777s for NokScoot in the next 12 months. If it is SRQ now then it could be SQM and SQN next year (given the need for all the NokScoot aircraft to be under 14 years).

If this is the case then there is a question mark over what is happening with SRJ? The annual report says 2 of these 777s go away this financial year. So is it possible that SRJ is getting refit to the regional business seat after all these years?

The long haul 200s are going to be just as interesting. With BNE going A350, there is going to be a lot of slack in the fleet. There was some suggestion that CBR / WLG might get swapped but that still would only use up a fraction of the additional capacity. The Jakarta runway upgrade was meant to finish in January 2018 so maybe the Jakarta - Sydney route will finally start?

I also think it is possible for some of the 777s (regional and long haul) to head to Vistara next financial year. They are definitely keen to start soon and will need some larger aircraft. A few cheap 777s to start with and then a shift to the 800s / 900s might work. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/60405118.cms

With the A380s going to a new product, it is conceivable for Vistara to use aircraft with the refurbished 2006 seats for a few years. This could explain SQ spending the money to swap the Y seats and upgrade the IFE on such old aircraft.

All just Sunday afternoon speculation on my part but SQ definitely needs to do something with the 200s given the number of 350s now in the fleet.

Comment

• It would be great news if those 772s are really headed for NokScoot, as it means two less inferior products to fly on.

Personally, I suspect that if Vistara was to get a widebody, it will be the 787-10. I don't see the 787 ending up in the mainline SQ fleet, especially with so many A350s on order.

In regards to the 772/772ER fleet, yes they should go especially with the number of A350s arriving. But what we're seeing instead is SQ using the A359 for expansion and as a replacement for the 77W of some sorts. I think there have been more 77W routes go A359 than 772. SIA's current fleet strategy surely is confusing.

Comment

• It looks like SVA and SVD are now being sold by Boeing. That is an interesting development. Could the sale to boeing have been part of the deal for the 777-900s? Maybe a few more will go this way too? I think one of the 200ERs is due to depart this financial year (maybe SVF). Will be interesting to see if that ends up going to Boeing too.

Comment

• Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post
                I think either SQN or SRQ could be on the way to NokScoot based on this article http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...n-revival-plan

The article suggests 3 additional 777s for NokScoot in the next 12 months. If it is SRQ now then it could be SQM and SQN next year (given the need for all the NokScoot aircraft to be under 14 years).

If this is the case then there is a question mark over what is happening with SRJ? The annual report says 2 of these 777s go away this financial year. So is it possible that SRJ is getting refit to the regional business seat after all these years?

The long haul 200s are going to be just as interesting. With BNE going A350, there is going to be a lot of slack in the fleet. There was some suggestion that CBR / WLG might get swapped but that still would only use up a fraction of the additional capacity. The Jakarta runway upgrade was meant to finish in January 2018 so maybe the Jakarta - Sydney route will finally start?

I also think it is possible for some of the 777s (regional and long haul) to head to Vistara next financial year. They are definitely keen to start soon and will need some larger aircraft. A few cheap 777s to start with and then a shift to the 800s / 900s might work. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/60405118.cms

With the A380s going to a new product, it is conceivable for Vistara to use aircraft with the refurbished 2006 seats for a few years. This could explain SQ spending the money to swap the Y seats and upgrade the IFE on such old aircraft.

All just Sunday afternoon speculation on my part but SQ definitely needs to do something with the 200s given the number of 350s now in the fleet.
                You've raised some really interesting points.

If SQ are set to transfer 772s to NokScoot, there are only two that fit the requirement of under 14 years, which are SQM and SQN. Every other 772 that SQ owns, including the ones stored and the entire SV* series have gone past 14 years. Which raises the question then of where the third one would come from, or whether the third one is contingent upon the restriction being lifted. SRQ was an August 2003 delivery meaning it has just missed the mark by a month, although perhaps there is fine print about that and it could just slip through. Both SQM & SQN will still be under 14 in February, but none would be by OCT18.

I've just checked SRJ's listing on planespotters. Someone has noted it as having been stored over a month ago in SIN. I can't see them refitting it for anything involving SQ flights.

Perhaps the three 777s leaving the SQ fleet (I'm pretty sure it was 3, not 2 in the annual report?) are not SRJ, SRL & SVF, the 3 purple cabins as most of us had assumed, but instead SQM, SQN & SRJ.

Of course, if they do remove restrictions next month like that article suggests, then that might mean any of the old 772s could then go to NokScoot? Maybe that's why SRJ has been "stored"...

I also like your point about the refurbished seats heading to Vistara. It's been hard to work out why they would spend that money on SVB which is now over 16 years old. Not so sure about SIN-CGK-SYD though. There is a line of thought that the runway was perhaps a convenient red herring...

BNE will free up some aircraft for sure, but then there is the factor of departing A330s. Given they are now going to use an A330 for ski season flights to CTS this year, there may be some unexpected rotations involving those planes as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post
                  Could the other possibility concerning SRQ and SQN be that they're next in line to receive the updated IFE and 2006 seats in Y?

Comment

• At least we now have an answer on one- SRQ is in the air again flying to HKG and back, so business as usual.

It's fairly clear SRJ has been withdrawn, although how long for and what plans might exist for it are unknown.

SQN remains grounded. The possibilities are regular maintenance and/or Y cabin refitting, or alternately it is headed for NokScoot as it is less than 14 years old.

None of the four older 77Ws are out of service, so I agree that SWW does appear to be the favourite for next 77WR conversion, or perhaps the spot in the hangar has been taken by SQN and SWW will resume flying soon.

Comment

At least we now have an answer on one- SRQ is in the air again flying to HKG and back, so business as usual.

It's fairly clear SRJ has been withdrawn, although how long for and what plans might exist for it are unknown.

SQN remains grounded. The possibilities are regular maintenance and/or Y cabin refitting, or alternately it is headed for NokScoot as it is less than 14 years old.

None of the four older 77Ws are out of service, so I agree that SWW does appear to be the favourite for next 77WR conversion, or perhaps the spot in the hangar has been taken by SQN and SWW will resume flying soon.
                      I won't be surprised if SQN will get the 2006 cabin fittings. As far as SWW, we don't know. However, we will know after Thursday, because SQ318/319 will operate with a 3-class bird Wednesday, and from Thursday, it goes daily 77WR (I do not know or guarantee it'll be a 77WN, because the last few 3-class trips have been operated by 2006 77Ws, namely SWI). After that, it's probably a sure bet at least one other 77WN will be in for a retrofit. This will result in MEL (237/238) getting SWV, the only 77WN possibly left, and of course rotating between 2006 77W and rarely 773 and 77WR

My guess is like what they recently did with SNA followed by SWU, and SWZ, remove some rows of Y and a row of F put them into the 2006 77Ws. Depending on how the rate of retrofits go, it's definitely at least January 2018.

Comment

You've raised some really interesting points.

If SQ are set to transfer 772s to NokScoot, there are only two that fit the requirement of under 14 years, which are SQM and SQN. Every other 772 that SQ owns, including the ones stored and the entire SV* series have gone past 14 years. Which raises the question then of where the third one would come from, or whether the third one is contingent upon the restriction being lifted. SRQ was an August 2003 delivery meaning it has just missed the mark by a month, although perhaps there is fine print about that and it could just slip through. Both SQM & SQN will still be under 14 in February, but none would be by OCT18.

I've just checked SRJ's listing on planespotters. Someone has noted it as having been stored over a month ago in SIN. I can't see them refitting it for anything involving SQ flights.

Perhaps the three 777s leaving the SQ fleet (I'm pretty sure it was 3, not 2 in the annual report?) are not SRJ, SRL & SVF, the 3 purple cabins as most of us had assumed, but instead SQM, SQN & SRJ.

Of course, if they do remove restrictions next month like that article suggests, then that might mean any of the old 772s could then go to NokScoot? Maybe that's why SRJ has been "stored"...

I also like your point about the refurbished seats heading to Vistara. It's been hard to work out why they would spend that money on SVB which is now over 16 years old. Not so sure about SIN-CGK-SYD though. There is a line of thought that the runway was perhaps a convenient red herring...

BNE will free up some aircraft for sure, but then there is the factor of departing A330s. Given they are now going to use an A330 for ski season flights to CTS this year, there may be some unexpected rotations involving those planes as well.
                        CTS likely to be outsourced to TR forbthe peak winter season considering there is a limited period of direct only flights between December 2017 and February 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
                          CTS likely to be outsourced to TR for the peak winter season considering there is a limited period of direct only flights between December 2017 and February 2018
                          That better not be the case considering how much my family is paying to fly SQ non-stop to CTS this December. We expect no less than SQ mainline.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
                            CTS likely to be outsourced to TR forbthe peak winter season considering there is a limited period of direct only flights between December 2017 and February 2018
                            I think not...

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...rvice-changes/

Upgraded to A330 and increased to daily suggests SQ is taking this route much more seriously.

Comment

• no update on the fleet?

Comment

• Originally posted by quinjoe View Post
                                no update on the fleet?
                                Give him some time. I politely asked as well. SWQ and SWR are our 77WR now. As far as the rest of the fleet that's another thing I'm not way too aware of.
                                Last edited by SQfanatic; 15 September 2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X