This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
    It does look like SVI has the 2006 seats in Y as well (from an Instagram picture + confirmation from the poster).
    If they made any attempt to keep these random planes captive to certain routes or at least preferenced to certain routes, it would make it so much easier for us to get a good sense of this!

If it is indeed sporting the newer 2006 products, it must have had them for quite some time. I just did a 4 month search on SVI and it hasn't had more than a couple of days of downtime since late April.

Comment

• Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
      Not for the old B772 seats and IFE though. They are still flying those ancient planes to CHC and IST.

The process of upgrading B772/B773 is also terribly slow. They could have use the 2006 seats got off from B77W once a B77W got retrofitted.
      On the other hand, I did enjoy the plush feeling of the Y seat in the refitted 777-200ER on my way to CHC and back in 2015. Except for the IFE, I might be one of the few who prefer these seats to the 2006 Y. Though I must say I am highly inclined toward the 2013 Y. Best Y seat I ever tried (this was on 9V-SML)!

Comment

It does look like SVI has the 2006 seats in Y as well (from an Instagram picture + confirmation from the poster).
        Are you sure it isn't SYI. This has been fitted with 2006 products.

Comment

• It looks like SWR is now a 77WR: It flew SQ806/801 delayed; I'm honestly not sure how it happened, iCargo mentioned 806 would depart gate A10 but later its current stand was 203....Was there bussing involved in Gate A10 for pax to get onto SWR? I don't think it did an air test either, this may be the new norm. If anyone knows about this please let us know

Except for that, SWR is scheduled to fly 866/865 to HKG later today, ans EF already proves SWR is a 77WR now. Now you can see the nose gear with WR indicating its a 77WR

That said, SWQ should be hatched this week, it's approaching its 7th week on the ground as well. Also SWY has been out since Saturday afternoon (8/26), my guess is it may be the next to go for a 77WR conversion now that LHR is getting its 77WR more days this week than 77WN.
          Last edited by SQfanatic; 28 August 2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• SWQ has hatched, performing an A/T today. My guess is it's definitely a 77WR, but let's wait to see what routes it's going to do. Whenever you're comfortable, please feel free to update the fleet list. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              SWQ has hatched, performing an A/T today. My guess is it's definitely a 77WR, but let's wait to see what routes it's going to do. Whenever you're comfortable, please feel free to update the fleet list. Thanks!
              It did another AT today. Not sure if there's an issue from previous AT.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodielecks View Post
                It did another AT today. Not sure if there's an issue from previous AT.
                Good question. Normally after an A/T, within a day, maximum 2 days they will assign the aircraft on a route. The last A/T was about 4 hours and 45 minutes (FR24 indicated it did lots of circling, lots more than I normally see) so after that your guess is a good possibility but I do not know either.

SQ826/827 are getting a 77WR tonight, not sure if SWQ is operating this flight but we will wait and see. Normally after it'll be DXB mostly only if it's a 77WR.

Besides SWY, no other aircraft seem to go out of service for a retrofit but my eyes are on SWV or SWW, they sound likely to go next or that might take place later.

Comment

• SWH is operating SQ826/827. Also some interesting swaps that have occurred:

SQ328/327 have once again gotten 9V-SWW, a 3-class 77WN instead of the regular A350. I wonder what happened here, this is the second time in about 7 days we had this occur.

SQ227/228 ehded up getting SWI, from SQ319, instead of its regular 77WR for the first time ever since its switch (The only exception I can name is SQ228 was a 77WN when SQ237 was severely delayed causing 238 to have the 77WR on the way back).

SQ638/637 ended up with a 77WR also. Not new but the 77W from AKL was put there instead of MEL.

Comment

SWH is operating SQ826/827. Also some interesting swaps that have occurred:

SQ328/327 have once again gotten 9V-SWW, a 3-class 77WN instead of the regular A350. I wonder what happened here, this is the second time in about 7 days we had this occur.

SQ227/228 ehded up getting SWI, from SQ319, instead of its regular 77WR for the first time ever since its switch (The only exception I can name is SQ228 was a 77WN when SQ237 was severely delayed causing 238 to have the 77WR on the way back).

SQ638/637 ended up with a 77WR also. Not new but the 77W from AKL was put there instead of MEL.
                    Interesting swaps but let's see if this holds true in the weeks to come.

Comment

• AT are not only to check the aircraft, there are many other things done onboard at the same time. For example, testing new meals in an actual in-flight environment, New galley equipment...Many of these need time and often can be very hectic on board.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        AT are not only to check the aircraft, there are many other things done onboard at the same time. For example, testing new meals in an actual in-flight environment, New galley equipment...Many of these need time and often can be very hectic on board.
                        Ah I see. Even then it's still a bit surprising they have had to do an A/T with SWQ a second time. I hope it'll be back in revenue service too. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

I think they thought SWQ might have arrived earlier than it has, as they went ahead with FCO going A350 from 01SEP. As it is currently 4x weekly for northern summer, that equates to more than one plane required, the weekly overlap of which may well be covered by other gaps. Whatever the case, the padding and flexibility in the A350 fleet currently isn't as much as it would normally be. Once SMQ arrives, FCO will be covered and SMR is the first of 3 BNE allocations.

MUC is probably light on load factor at present. If there are enough empty seats in J to cover the PEY bookings for the flight, the PEY passengers will love the upgrade and the problem is solved.

Comment

• SWQ goes back into revenue service this evening on SQ227 to Melbourne.

No prizes for guessing which config it's in.

Comment

SWQ goes back into revenue service this evening on SQ227 to Melbourne.

Haha I don't want a prize thanks! But ExpertFlyer isn't indicating anything but the return is a 77WR config. If you want to post info on that, please go right ahead for the SQ227 flight.

Comment

SWQ goes back into revenue service this evening on SQ227 to Melbourne.

SWQ is scheduled to do SQ636/631 tonight, so EF does indicate SWQ is indeed a 77WR. I only conclude my strongest evidence when it starts doing North American routes or doing CPH (352/351).

Comment

Working...
                                X