This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    If only someone could record the music of the "Comedy" category and post that and the video up on YouTube. (Even before the Comedy part with the Ha Ha Ha came, think there was another nice music to it too welcoming you as you select Comedy).
    No need. The tune immediately auto-played in my head the moment I saw this pic

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
      It could actually be happening right now. I've noticed that SVJ has now been out of service for two weeks, which means it could potentially be undergoing a refit.
      Oh, that's interesting. I really hope the SV-series will get refits, at least those flying to Europe.
      Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowie View Post
        No need. The tune immediately auto-played in my head the moment I saw this pic
        It did too for me but still wish I could get it on YT or a filesharing site lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
          And no, it wasn't because my camera was out of focus, the image for every TV and movie content was like this!
          Tell me about it! Those screens must be as old as the planes because they remind me of the quality of a monitor I bought for my PC around 1998. They must be deteriorating though because I never remember them being that bad and I've been flying on the SV* 772s for the past 7 years.

Comment

• With only a few 773 left in SQ's fleet, are they going to use the older 77W to replace 773 first before they make other new order?
            Possible to upgauge some A359 to 1000?

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfsburg View Post
              With only a few 773 left in SQ's fleet, are they going to use the older 77W to replace 773 first before they make other new order?
              I doubt any time soon as they are receiving seats and IFE from the older 77W's.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                I doubt any time soon as they are receiving seats and IFE from the older 77W's.
                SYF and SYG are already 15 years old

Comment

• It is said one of these 6 773s will leave the fleet soon. Maybe SYL.

Comment

• 777-200 IFE

I just returned from HK on one of the regional SR-series 777-200s on SQ857, and can confirm the IFE has received upgrades. Not only has the inflight maps and UI been updated, the IFE system also feels more responsive. Content-wise, it seemed similar to the A330 I had on the outbound flight, so also a notable improvement here. I only wish they would get rid of the 4:3 screens and have in-seat power.

It was a pretty pleasant flight compared to my previous flights on the 772s. A bizarre thing is that these regional 772s seem to be in much better shape than the long haul SV-series planes. The seats are more comfortable (although they are the same seats but with a different cover) and the cabin is in better condition. I can only hope now that the 772ERs will receive the same upgrades in time for my flight to CHC next month.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfsburg View Post
                      SYF and SYG are already 15 years old
                      I wouldn't really mind that if they have the 77W seats. I trust SQ to keep older planes well maintained, but I'm just tired of the 15yo IFE system, the lack of bi-fold tray table, the armrest handset that my leg keeps touching, the lack of coathook, no glasses compartment, the seat cushion covered in rough fabric that bunches up etc.

I'm starting to place less emphasis on newness, provided I get the same experience- some airlines buy new planes and then crash them into things, so it's only a factor. Perhaps it's because I have a car from Wolfsburg that 10 years on I'm still just as happy with...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        I wouldn't really mind that if they have the 77W seats. I trust SQ to keep older planes well maintained, but I'm just tired of the 15yo IFE system, the lack of bi-fold tray table, the armrest handset that my leg keeps touching, the lack of coathook, no glasses compartment, the seat cushion covered in rough fabric that bunches up etc.

I'm starting to place less emphasis on newness, provided I get the same experience- some airlines buy new planes and then crash them into things, so it's only a factor. Perhaps it's because I have a car from Wolfsburg that 10 years on I'm still just as happy with...
                        CX did the same with their 772s if I am not mistaken except the seats are like their 77W seats. Their 773 had the shell seat hand-me down from the older 77W

Comment

• 9V-SVJ has hatched after over three weeks of being on the ground. I'm hoping that SQ has updated the IFE and Y seats. It certainly seems possible with amount of time it spent inactive, but it could just be scheduled maintenance.

Comment

9V-SVJ has hatched after over three weeks of being on the ground. I'm hoping that SQ has updated the IFE and Y seats. It certainly seems possible with amount of time it spent inactive, but it could just be scheduled maintenance.
                            I'm really hoping that too. If they are going to do this, they then need to keep the refreshed planes captive to the longest flights such as CPH, FCO, CHC, MEL etc. As they keep creating more demand for the new A350s to take on new or former 77W routes, the existing 772ER routes deserve some compensation for their ever lengthening wait.

Comment

• Has 9V-STA been withdrawn from use? It hasn't been active for over a month now, and I doubt it's undergoing any sort of refit. It's sad to see another A330 go instead of a 772. The A330s have made regional travel on SQ so much more pleasant compared to the 777s with a quieter cabin and new(er) seats.

Comment

Has 9V-STA been withdrawn from use? It hasn't been active for over a month now, and I doubt it's undergoing any sort of refit. It's sad to see another A330 go instead of a 772. The A330s have made regional travel on SQ so much more pleasant compared to the 777s with a quieter cabin and new(er) seats.
                                It has to do with leased aircraft and owned aircraft. The A333 has reached the end of the leasing contract and with the A350 incoming, it probably not worth for SIA to renew or extend the lease. As with aircraft leasing, the lessor will also probably will not want a short term lease.

On the other hand, the 772 are all owned by SIA and probably has reached the end of its depreciation. Hence there is no depreciation cost to the airline, only operating cost.
                                Last edited by iancasillas; 27 July 2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X