No announcement yet.

July 9 - 11 : SQ presents new F and J seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The video on siaproductlaunch shows a new amenity kit by Ferragamo!

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
      I won't be surprised if SQ reduces F to 6 seats and up its J class config

I would be, considering that F is still 4-across per row. If they went to 6 F seats and increased J class, where would they put the additional J seats? In the F cabin?

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
        it says its available for all classes, but did not specify if every single YCL seat will get it?
        Don't think it will be available for all Y seats. Perhaps following the current arrangement of 1 plug between 2 seats? but I dont seem to see the plugs on the arm-rests as per current seats. Is it below the seats?

Comment

• SQ will keep 1-2-1 in First Class. It's either 8 or 12 seats on the A380. 77W will be 8 seats.

Comment

• Do you think the new Y seats are actually more comfortable? Doesn't look quite so to me though. But recline seems a bit more...hmm...

Comment

• The current 77W Y seat is, to me, so uncomfortable that frankly the only way is up. Recline looks good.

Can't believe the current product is six years old.

Comment

• Might I point out that the cabin crew will now be leaning across the pax to collect drinks and wet towels, etc., from the small tray next to the screen.

Comment

• Slightly OT, is this a new bear I see here in F:

http://instagram.com/p/bh4z_xkyT6/#
                  F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

• The foot room seems to be as crampy as the current seat.

http://instagram.com/p/biC4IZkyTX/

Comment

• Economy Class seats seems like it it the same as the New Emirates Y seats.Hopefully SQ doesnt go 3-4-3 on the 777 since they have the same seats as Emirates.

Comment

• Originally posted by JonLee View Post
                        Economy Class seats seems like it it the same as the New Emirates Y seats.Hopefully SQ doesnt go 3-4-3 on the 777 since they have the same seats as Emirates.
                        Someone from SQ posted here that it would be 3-3-3. https://www.facebook.com/singaporeair?fref=ts

Comment

• The J cabin design and colour palette looks a lot classier with the brown, 'wooden' accents, but overall feel of the new Y and F cabins is that SQ is moving from 'warm' towards 'modern/contemporary'. Also seems like it will be more difficult to look out of the windows in the premium cabins.

As someone who will probably continue in Y only for some time, the new Krisworld and increased seat pitch is something to look forward to.

Comment

• A pretty detailed B-roll video on the highlights of all the seats (including the cabinet chocked with Ferragamo products for F). But of course not detailed enough for anyone to see the weakest areas. In particular I like how they showed the sleep mode for the J seats at 3:40 using seat 11A to give an impression of a full straight flat out view of the bed.

http://youtu.be/lVROcJbBljQ
                            Last edited by CarbonMan; 9 July 2013, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Finally some relevant photo-angles which tells us what we need to know (that they use amputee models for their photoshoots)...

Comment

• Overall I think SQ has done a good job. The 3 classes of seats seem to be an evolutionary improvement over the current generation.

Given SQ wasn't planning on a completely new design, what they have done seem to be in response to passengers' feedback.

I assume there won't be a price differential between the new seats and current ones?

Comment

Working...
                                X