Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spot new PJs in this video: http://instagram.com/p/bh4z_xkyT6/

More tidbits here: http://instagram.com/charlesryanteo/

UMD: I like how the new J 'looks', in terms of the BMW designing, there's just something about it that screams 'modern'. You're probably right, the new C might be less comfortable (maybe it is more comfortable, who knows), and only actual use will tell...

Comment

• Setting up the new Business class bed

Video

SQ's new KrisWorld can help you Tweet or post on Facebook your location in the skies:

Australian Business Traveller reports on SQ being reluctant to retrofit the new seats on current aircraft:

Singapore Airlines Hazy on Upgrade Plans for New Seats

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
        Am I the only one who finds the new upgrade rather disappointing? Y probabaly has the most improvement with its thick nice padding and the new IFE screen. C somehow looks very clautrophobic to me now that they have shrunk the width and F actually reminds me of the current C with a more plush material built around the seat. If we look at some of the new F pictures, it seems that sleeping area has shrunk as well.

The challenge with SQ is that they did outdo themselves by leaps and bounds when they launched the current C back in 2007. It was truly a "WOW" moment then with the widest seats in a 1 - 2- 1 config on its 77W. F seemed like an after thought then especially when compared to Skysuites and unfortunately it still does now.
        similar sentiments as you

Comment

• I am impressed with Y but F & C are mere evolutions of the current. Not blown away at all like what UMD said.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
            SQ's new KrisWorld can help you Tweet or post on Facebook your location in the skies:

wow, for free without need to pay for the wifi?

Comment

• Thanks for sharing!
              The new Business looks amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
                I am not sure, though, someone posted this on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  I spot new PJs in this video: http://instagram.com/p/bh4z_xkyT6/

More tidbits here: http://instagram.com/charlesryanteo/

UMD: I like how the new J 'looks', in terms of the BMW designing, there's just something about it that screams 'modern'. You're probably right, the new C might be less comfortable (maybe it is more comfortable, who knows), and only actual use will tell...
                  I am not saying that it will be less comfortable but it just seems more claustrophobic to me. I agree with you that only actual use will tell but so far have not been too impressed with what I have seen. I just hope that the sleeping side is padded with the right material this time.
                  Last edited by UMD; 9 July 2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
                    Am I the only one who finds the new upgrade rather disappointing? Y probabaly has the most improvement with its thick nice padding and the new IFE screen. C somehow looks very clautrophobic to me now that they have shrunk the width and F actually reminds me of the current C with a more plush material built around the seat. If we look at some of the new F pictures, it seems that sleeping area has shrunk as well.

The challenge with SQ is that they did outdo themselves by leaps and bounds when they launched the current C back in 2007. It was truly a "WOW" moment then with the widest seats in a 1 - 2- 1 config on its 77W. F seemed like an after thought then especially when compared to Skysuites and unfortunately it still does now.
                    A tad premature to give a verdict without putting bum to seat. I've always found the current C seat too wide (perhaps I'm not that wide ). The only comment I like to make is that the seat is now a little further from the window and that makes photography a little more difficult inconvenient. But I'm being picky.

But you're right in that there's no WOW factor in this redesign. More a evolutionary plug-the-holes kind of change.

Comment

• Going SIN-LHR over Geneva? That seems rather southerly.....

Comment

• So which route gets them first and from when?

Comment

• The bandwidth for www.siaproductlaunch.com is tragically slow

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
                            This is actually good social media marketing for SQ - imagine 300+ customers posting on their FB or Twitter that they are on SQ to all their envious friends as they fly past the Himalayan on their way to their next holiday.

If they are clever, SQ won't charge for this. Of course you'll have to pay if you actually want to read your FB page.

Comment

• Originally posted by b777jubilee View Post
                              So which route gets them first and from when?
                              SIN-LHR-SIN from September, when the new Boeing 777-300ER, 9V-SWU, arrives

Comment

• No doors in F. Ergo in my book, EK F remains the leader of the pack.

Comment

Working...
                                X